International Language Institute, Washington DC:
International Language Institute (ILI) is a language learning and teacher training school in Dupont Circle, in the heart of the U.S. capital. We provide a comprehensive 8-week / 120 hour TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages) Certificate program to English speakers from around the globe. The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar. The program combines 48 general classroom hours with 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate:
Duration: 8-weeks / 120 hours:
- 48 classroom hours (every Tuesday & Thursday from 6-9pm)
- 72 hours of self-study, observations and practice teaching
Course components include lesson planning, practice teaching in individual and group settings, observation of peers and practicing teachers, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
Modules / Weekly Topics include:
• Session 1: Teaching and Teachers: Roles and Styles
• Session 2: Learning and Learners: Roles and Styles
• Session 3: The English Language
• Session 4: Classroom Presentation, Board-work, Practice, & Error Correction, Lesson-Planning
• Session 5: Teaching Vocabulary
• Session 6: Teaching Pronunciation
• Session 7: Teaching Grammar
• Session 8-11: Teaching Practice 1-4
• Session 12: Complementary Media
• Session 13: Integrating the Four Skills & Adapting Texts
• Session 14: Classroom Management & Assessment
• Session 15: ESL Professional Development
• Session 16: The Various Areas of ESL
In order to receive your TESOL Certification, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum, an 80% attendance record (13 of 16 class sessions)
- Satisfactory completion of all assigned work
- Satisfactory completion of three (3) teacher observations
- Satisfactory completion of all practice teaching sessions (individual and group classes)
- Satisfactory compilation of Teaching Portfolio
|Address: 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 100, Washington, Dist of Columbia 20036, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.