International Language Institute, Washington DC:
International Language Institute (ILI) is a language learning and teacher training school in Dupont Circle, in the heart of the U.S. capital. We provide a comprehensive 8-week / 120 hour TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages) Certificate program to English speakers from around the globe. The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar. The program combines 48 general classroom hours with 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
Founded in 1970, Transemantics, Inc. began its operations with four English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and about 15 students.
Over the past 43 years, our company has seen steady growth and developed a strong reputation around the world and locally for quality language training, TESOL English teacher training, and academic preparation at a superior value.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate:
We provide an 8-week TESOL / TEFL Certificate program (120 hours). The course consists of:
• 48 classroom hours (every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-9pm)
• 72 hours of self-study, observations and practice teaching
• Classroom Presentation
• Teaching Vocabulary
• Teaching Pronunciation
• Teaching Grammar
• Practice Teaching
• Teaching and Teachers: Roles and Styles
• Introduction, Texts, Syllabus & Expectations
• Learning and Learners: Roles and Styles
• Integrating the Four Skills & Adapting Texts
• Classroom Management & Assessment
• ESL Professional Development
• "Having had no formal background in education, ILI delivered a comprehensive TESOL program that has enabled me to teach both domestically and internationally. The program provided me with a solid foundation on which I have been able to build a substantial career in ESL."
• "TESOL was the best course I've ever taken in my life. It was a great experience; I seriously learned a lot about teaching and now I have a job that I really love so much, thanks to our tutor and ILI."
• "ILI's professional and friendly staff, along with the convenient location, contributed to my expectations being exceeded. The on-site facilities made it easy for the practice teaching and was also very beneficial."
Alpha, Saudi Arabia
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 100, Washington, Dist of Columbia 20036, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.