Instituto Hemingway, Bilbao:
Are you searching for a quality volunteer program in Europe or do you dream of living and working in Spain, improving your Spanish, and making lasting friendships, all while making a difference to society? If so, then the Instituto Hemingway in Bilbao in the Basque Country of Northern Spain is the place for you! From animal welfare and conservation to social entrepreneurship, art therapy, beach cleaning, football for underprivileged children, social media, and more.
We have the perfect volunteer program to suit your interests. Everyone is welcome (min. age is 14 years old)
and at great prices for all budgets, this is not an opportunity to miss! Email: Contact us belowInstituto Hemingway - A leading Spanish language school in Spain accredited by the Cervantes Institute:
By volunteering with the Instituto Hemingway, you can help the lively city of Bilbao in Northern Spain (situated approximately 246 miles north of Madrid and 380 miles north-west of Barcelona) and its bio diverse surroundings continue to thrive.
Volunteer Programs for International College Students / Young Adults / High School Teens:
We believe volunteering is one of the most rewarding experiences possible, especially when volunteering abroad. It provides you with the opportunity to give back to the community you are visiting while learning Spanish in an immersive environment. We tailor our volunteering programs to your specific skill set
, while also considering the needs of the community you are working with, to ensure your work is as fun and impact as possible. In your downtime, why not explore our picturesque city and all that it has to offer!
Program Features & Highlights:
• The volunteer program starts at just 320 Euros per week all inclusive.
• Join us any Monday year-round!
• Receive two weeks of Spanish courses in the mornings (
amounting to 20 hours per week) as part of your program, alongside an orientation on arrival in Spain.
• Work a maximum of 20 hours per week in the volunteer placement, generally in the afternoons.
• Stay in a shared apartment dorm room with all amenities covered, in the centre of the city for the duration of your stay. In case you would llike a single room, please ask for price difference.
• Join us for our free cultural activities including trips, beach days, tapas tours, wine tastings, salsa lessons etc.
• Airport pick up, and Program Certificate upon completion
• Bilbao is a beautiful city that’s off the beaten track for most tourists to Spain, so it’s the perfect place to truly practice your Spanish in day-to-day language immersion situations. But why not also explore some of the many other cities in Spain while you’re in the region, thanks to Bilbao’s great transport networks!
• Our experienced & accredited in-house lawyer who specialises in Study Abroad Programs helps to handle your VISA process (if needed) with no hidden costs
, to make your arrival in Spain a convenient breeze.
"I volunteered at an organization whilst taking a Spanish language course in Bilbao. I can only say that my life has changed for the better. The people at Instituto Hemingway were easy to work with and this experience changed my view on the world."
- Chris , UK
Send us a quick email below explaining your reasons to participate in our program
. We look forward to welcoming you to Bilbao!