Instituto Hemingway, Bilbao:
Instituto Hemingway is a leading Spanish language school in Bilbao in the Basque Country in Northern Spain, approximately 400 km / 250 miles north of Madrid and 610km / 380 miles north-west of Barcelona. Accredited by the Cervantes Institute, we provide quality Spanish courses all year round to a student population of about 90. We design and deliver customized programs for individuals and groups who want to learn about other cultures by studying or working abroad.
• Our Spanish courses are specially designed to guarantee you fast language learning. Our classes are based on a direct methodology taught by highly professional, native teachers, in small groups, with up-to-date material, a selection of accommodation and an interesting cultural and leisure activities program.
• Educational programs provide a unique combination of in-class work and outside activities. Our aim is to create a lively and stimulating relationship between teachers and students.
• We encourage students to confidently talk and interact both inside the classroom and outside, and generally to have a good time. This atmosphere of warmth and sharing ensures rapid language progress in a short time.
• On the first day, all students at Instituto Hemingway sit a test to help us determine their appropriate group and level. Our school runs courses at six different levels from basic through to proficient. You can start on any Monday of the year (apart from public holidays).
Course / school features:
- All classes are 55 minutes long and are held from Monday to Friday, except for public holidays.
- The average number of students in a group is 4 with a maximum of 8.
- Class material and the attendance certificate given at the end of the course are included in the course fees.
- It is possible to complete several of the courses at the same time.
- The School office is open from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 14:00 and 16:00 to 19:00 p.m.
- Instituto Hemingway also offers linguistic exchanges with Spaniards.
Instituto Hemingway Teaching Method and Staff:
Our teaching method centres around an immersion programme which combines the study of grammar & vocabulary with continuous stimulating debates, discussions, role-play, & practical learning.
The classes have a maximum of 8 students each in an atmosphere of happiness and constructive progress.
Instituto Hemingway offers guarantees of our quality based on independent regular inspection by experts.
• General Spanish for 6 levels from basic to proficient (20 hours per week)
• Intensive Spanish course (combine General Spanish course with afternoon classes)
• DELE fexam preparation
• Business Spanish
• Intensive Spanish crash course for executives (40 private lessons per week)
• Afternoon Spanish classes (aimed at people living in Bilbao or students who want a more intensive course)
• Intensive refresher courses for teachers (2 week course / 40 hours)
• Summer Spanish courses for adults & college students
• Hospitality & Hotel internships, as well as internship programs in various other fields
• Culinary Arts - Spanish Cuisine Internship (4 weeks+)
• Volunteer programs
• Au pair work placement
• Adventure tours, sports, windsurfing, horseback riding, wine tasting, cookery courses
• Online / Virtual Spanish classes
We are proud that our accredited language training center is located in one of the most interesting areas of Spain, surrounded by marvellous beaches and mountains.
An extensive cultural programme always complements our courses. Our friendly classrooms and the beautiful surroundings present much of the charm and intimacy of a family home.
We offer extensive indoor & outdoor activities programmes. Make the best of your stay and sign up for one our leisure programs which include:
- A wine tasting course: Enjoy some of the best Spanish wine, get to know their secrets, varieties of grapes, appellation of origin..
- Dance courses: salsa, flamenco, tango, rumbas, two-step..
- A cooking course: The best recipes of Spanish cuisine. Flexible times.
- Adventure Sports: Climb down canyons, go mountain biking, trail walking, kayaking, paragliding, archery, rock climbing..
- Horseback riding: Ride horseback in unforgettable scenery
- Water Sports: Enjoy canoeing, kayaking, diving, surfing....
Accommodation Options (Single rooms)
- Homestay with a local host family
Bilbao is the heart of a metropolis with a population of more than a million people. It is the driving force of social and economic development and it is the main factor in the modernisation of the Gulf of Biscay.
Ambitious architectural and general infrastructure projects have fuelled the urban and financial regeneration of the city.
The Guggenheim Museum; the Euskalduna Concert Hall and Convention Centre; the underground, built by Norman Foster; the airport, built by Calatrava; the new tram and the projects by architects such as Arata Isozaki and Cesar Pelli are all examples of the overwhelming vitality that permeates Bilbao.
Situated in the Territory of Bizkaia, the city is surrounded by fertile landscapes with forests, mountains, beaches and steep coasts, that make Bilbao an excellent destination for any traveller.
• "My experience was fantastic. My Spanish is much better thanks to Spanish language course I took at the Instituto Hemingway in Bilbao. I also took an internship in Barcelona (Spain) and it has worked wonders in my professional life. I can´t say enough about this program. They are great people and it is a great experience."
• "I volunteered at an organization that dealt with people with AIDS, whilst taking a Spanish language course in Bilbao. I can only say that my life has changed for the better. The people at Instituto Hemingway were easy to work with and this experience changed my view on the world."
• "My experience with Instituto Hemingway was really wonderful. They found me the job I wanted in Barcelona (Spain), in a flexible and professional manner."
• "I put my daughter in a semester-long program in Spain. She came back speaking perfect Spanish. I was very pleased. Both the family she stayed with and the location where she lived were amazing. She will not stop talking about how much she wants to go back."
Specific Contact Pages: - General Spanish Courses
- Business Spanish Course
- Low-budget Spanish Course
- Spanish Internships
- Au Pair Spanish Course
- Culinary Arts Internships
- Hospitality & Hotel Internships
- Volunteer Work in Spain
- Refresher Course for Teachers
- Tours, Excursions, Activities
- Package Deals per Person
- Group Package Deals
- Cours d'espagnol
- Spanish Programs for Teens
- Spanish for Seniors
- Courses / Programs
- Our Home Page
|Address: C/ Bailén , Bilbao, Spain|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.