1. Surprisingly cost was regarded __________ important
factor in choosing a new cell phone by the three teenagers.
A as the least
B of the least
C in the least
D to the least
2. Maine's coastline is a major attraction and a vista
of sandy beaches contrasted ________ rockbound shoreline.
A to the rugged
B by the rugged
C on the rugged
D at the rugged
3. John knows that he had better ________ his algebra
skills before the mid-term exam.
A. brush up on
B. brush on up
C. brushing up on
D. brushing on up
4. The pressure ________ was intense after his team lost
five basketball games in a row.
A. under the coach
B. over the coach
C. of the coach
D. on the coach
5. In __________, the team has begun to show some form
again and has won some big games.
(A) few weeks
(B) few past weeks
(C) the past few weeks
(D) a few weeks since
1. In general, ________ have a professional obligation
to protect confidential sources of information.
A. which journalists
C. journalists, they
D. journalists that
2. ________ of Elvis Presley is banned in seven different
countries across the world.
A. The music is
B. That the music
C. The music which
D. The music
3. For ________ you who don't know, "Rainbow" was a credible
children's TV show from the 70's and 80's.
A. those of
B. those in
C. these of
D. these in
4. As was the case throughout the United States, __________
was subject to higher gas prices during the winter of 2002-2003.
A. for New York
B. for New York as well
C. New York which
D. New York
5. ________ in history caused as much shock and grief
worldwide as the 2004 tsunami disaster in Asia.
A. None natural disaster
B. That natural disaster
C. No natural disaster
D. The natural disaster
1. The causes of gamma-ray bursts throughout the universe,
and how the gamma rays are actually produced, ________ until
recently remained a mystery.
B. have been
C. has been
2. That the legal drinking age ________ lowered is a
hot topic for debate in many states.
A. should have
B. which should
C. should be
3. Discovery of these ancient anthropic markings ________
our understanding of how these early humans interacted with
A. has broadened
B. have broadened
D. will have broadened
4. The rivalry between the two communities stems from
ancient times and openly __________ to this day.
B. which persist
D. which persists
5. Despite the simplicity of their construction, the
ancient systems ________ exhibit very complicated behavior.
A. find to
B. found to
C. are found to
D. were found to
Word Order 1:
1. _________ explores the nature of guilt and responsibility
and builds to a remarkable conclusion.
A. The written beautifully novel
B. The beautifully written novel
C. The novel beautifully written
D. The written novel beautifully
2. Over time the young students will perfect the art
of piano playing. After all, such ________ needs delicate
A. a tuned instrument finely
B. an instrument tuned finely
C. a finely instrument tuned
D. a finely tuned instrument
3. Honore de Balzac said "The errors of ________, from
their faith in the good, or their confidence in the true".
A. women spring, almost always
B. almost always, women spring
C. almost women, always spring
D. almost spring, always women
4. In that particular department of the company, production
__________ day and night.
(A) going often keeps
(B) keeps often going
(C) keeps going often
(D) often keeps going
5. The tenants were asked to throw all recyclable trash
A. the green big plastic bag
B. the big plastic green bag
C. the big green plastic bag
D. the green plastic big bag