John Cabot University, Rome:
Study abroad in the heart of Rome with John Cabot University (JCU)! With a student population of 1,200 students, JCU is the largest overseas American liberal arts university in Italy. We provide year-long and semester study abroad programs, four-year Bachelor of Arts (BA), two-year Associate of Arts (AA) undergraduate degrees, and a Master of Arts (MA) in Art History to students from the U.S. and worldwide. The language of instruction is English. JCU students come from over 130 universities that include major US public and private national and regional universities, as well as universities outside of the US. Our graduates are accepted at top-tier universities in the US, UK, Italy, and other European countries. In addition, we offer short summer courses.
JCU is authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education to operate as a four-year American university in Italy. We are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
We are incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in the State of Delaware and is licensed to award our degrees by the Delaware Department of Education.
Study Abroad & International University Programs:
• Study Abroad Degree Programs
• Year-Long & Semester Abroad Programs
• Summer Study Programs
JCU offers four-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) and two-year Associate of Arts (AA) degree programs in the following areas:
• Art History; English Literature; Classical Studies; Humanistic Studies; History; Italian Studies
Business and Economics:
• Business Administration;International Business; Economics and Finance; Marketing
Political and Social Sciences:
• International Affairs; Communications; Political Science
• Master of Arts (MA) in Art History
Students who achieve high levels of academic excellence (minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5) have the option of taking specially designated “Honors Courses.”
Through our unique relationship with leading multinational corporations, media, international organizations and embassies, JCU offers about 150 internship programs each semester to our degree-seeking and visiting students.
Internships can be taken either for academic credit or purely for valuable hands on experience within your chosen field of interest. Please note that these internships are available only to JCU students.
Benefits of Studying With JCU:
• A distinguished, international faculty and staff dedicated to international education and a student population representing over 60 countries combine to create an unparalleled learning environment with a truly international appeal.
• Students benefit greatly from our small class sizes with classes ranging from 3-25 students, with an average of 15 students per class.
• JCU prides itself on being a small, family-like community where professors and students can mix freely and work together to attain educational and personal goals.
• Extra-curricular activities and internships with leading multinational organizations, allow students to benefit widely from their experience, far beyond the rigorous academic programs.
• A charming, historic campus in the center of Rome and more modern campus nearby on the Tiber River—both are wireless.
• JCU also offers its four year degree-seeking students the opportunity to study at universities in the United States as well as several international locations.
• It is possible for JCU students to apply directly to study abroad at any regionally accredited American university or any national university that is recognized by a country’s higher education authority.
• This enriching opportunity contributes to educational growth and cultural awareness in general and helps prepare students for careers in international fields.
Evidence of English Language Proficiency:
The language of instruction for all programs at JCU is English. If English is not your native language and you didn’t attend an institution where classes were taught in English, please submit your TOEFL score (minimum score – 213 in the computer test or 550 in the traditional, paper test), ibTOEFL 85+ or IELTS 6.5+.
• “It’s an experience that is unparalleled by any other, and Rome is definitely a city that will teach you a lot about the world as well as about yourself.”
• "Class sizes range from 1 to 15 students on the average. I know in my classes, I have one class that has only 5 students and the most is about twelve. I really enjoy the small classes because it allows us to get a close relationship with the professors and get the most out of the course material."
• "I am a visiting student from Michigan State University. I am studying here at John Cabot to get some smaller class sizes compared to my large ones at Michigan State. I love Italy, the people here are amazing and of course the food and the culture!"
• “John Cabot offers credits that I can use towards my university requirements.”
Located in the heart of the Eternal City, JCU maintains two campuses, each with its own personality - a charming, historic campus in the center of Rome and a more modern campus nearby on the Tiber River.
We combine the best qualities of American liberal arts education, with the history and rich cultural heritage of Rome, a city that is at the same time one of the cradles of western civilization and a vibrant center of international life.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 233 Via della Lungara, Rome, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.