London Art Portfolio:
London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced. Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide. We offer day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available. Situated in Wapping in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London close to Tower Bridge, LAP welcomes international students from around the world.
Portfolio Preparation Courses & Career Training:
For Students & Professionals
Group & Private Study Options:
• 24 or 18 Week Portfolio Preparation Course (3 blocks of 6 weeks)
• Short / Intensive Portfolio Preparation Courses - Study for 4, 6, 8 or 12 weeks
• 1 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation - an Introductory / Enrichment Course. You can choose from two options: Drawing Week or Model Making Week.
• 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design
• Digital Portfolio Preparation Courses - Study for 1 week, 4 weeks or 6 weeks. One-to-one tutorials also available.
• One-to-one Portfolio Preparation Tutoring - For Adults & Teenagers. Can cover Physical Portfolio Preparation or Digital Portfolio Preparation.
• One-to-one Online Tutoring - For Adults & Teenagers
Designed for British and international applicants to MA, BA (Hons) Degree and Foundation courses in Art, Design Architecture in the UK and around the world, these courses are also ideal for 'Change of Career' applicants and mature students also.
We try to help with internship and work experience contacts too!
Art & Design Career Fields include:
3D design, animation, architecture, fashion design, graphic design, illustration, painting, photography, sculpture, and textile design.
Our courses include:
• Art & Design Preparation courses
• Studio artwork
• Tailored Action Plans
• UCAS online application
• Degree dissertation
• Professional development
• Personal development
• Career and specialist course choices
• Career mentoring to advise on future career paths to choose from
• Interview preparation & techniques
Students are very welcome to use free studio space and desk space in the afternoons.
- Aleksandra Rogowska, Polish - Universityof the Arts London, Central Saint Martins, Foundation Course
"...CSM [Central Saint Martins] has offered me a place on the Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out."
Art & Design Evening Classes:
For beginners, pre-foundation students, graduate and Masters applicants, and practising artists:
• iPad Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Fundamentals of Drawing (6 weeks)
• Life Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Life in Colour (6 weeks)
• Drawing into Painting: The Picture as a Stage (6 or 10 weeks)
• Painting Evening Class (6 or 10 weeks)
• Perspective Drawing (6 weeks)
• Fashion: Traditional Draping (6 weeks)
• Model Making (6 weeks)
• 3D Modelling in Rhino CAD (6 weeks)
• Illustration Introduction (6 weeks)
• Storyboard for Animation Short Courses (6 weeks)
Half-Term & Weekend Courses:
• Half Term Courses (1 week classes in February, April, June & October)
• Fine Art Friday Classes
• Saturday Art School
Art and design courses for companies / employees are also available at our studios or at a location of your choice. Ideal for team-building, they can be customised to meet your needs.
Art & Design Summer Courses for Adults:
Courses held in June, July & August
• 1 Week Drawing Enrichment Course
• 1 Week Summer Course
• 1 Week Model Making Course
• 1 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 2 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 4 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 6 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 10 Week Summer Portfolio Course
Art & Design Summer Courses for Teenagers (Under 18)
Courses held in June, July & August
Prepare for GCSE, A-Level or IB art projects before you go back to school!
• 4 or 6 Week Architecture Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Graphic Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Textile Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fine Art Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fashion Design and Draping Womenswear Course
We also offer holiday art classes at Christmas, Spring Half Term, and during the Easter holidays.
Student Reviews / Testimonials:
- Nina, University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins
"As a whole, the London Art Portfolio course was an extremely good experience for me. The atmosphere was very creative, free and friendly. Julia Dennis had a great way of helping me to organise my work for my portfolio, and most importantly, to make me understand what I want my work to be like.
I learned a lot about presentation, experimenting with different mediums and the overall requirements of a portfolio. As I have progressed to my Foundation course and my BA, these skills have come in handy on many occasions.
When I first started the London Art Portfolio course, I had just finished high school and had very little idea of my future studies.
Working with Julia helped me secure a place on a Foundation Course at London College of Communication, and later on a place on BA Womenswear at Central Saint Martins.
I would recommend London Art Portfolio to anyone looking to build up a portfolio and wishing to develop their creativity!"
- Laura, USA
"I loved every minute of my time at London Art Portfolio, hope to be back soon."
- Sylia, Cyprus - University of Westminster, MA Degree in Museums, Galleries and Contemporary Culture
"I forgot that I could paint. I forgot that I could draw. I forgot that I loved to do both. I forgot that I was actually pretty good at both.
LAP helped me find my creative self again, it helped me learn how to develop my own projects and how to present them properly.
Fantastic team, great tutorials, vibrant and inspiring atmosphere. I will be eternally thankful to LAP, especially to Julia, for helping me remember."
|Address: Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London, England E1W 2JU, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.