London Art Portfolio - Courses in UK & ONLINE Worldwide:
London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced. Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide. We offer day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available. Situated in Wapping in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London close to Tower Bridge, LAP welcomes international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and International students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career. She helps students with ongoing coursework and UCAS applications for degree, and post-graduate courses.
• Julia is fluent in Italian, oral and written and has a fair understanding of French and Spanish.
• We provide top-quality, intensive training in a wide range of art and design career fields, including 3D design, animation, architecture, fashion design, graphic design, illustration, painting, photography, sculpture, and textile design.
• We have helped with successful placements onto University of the Arts London, London University of Arts Colleges: Central Saint Martins, Goldsmiths, LCC, London College of Fashion, Chelsea & Camberwell, & many other renowned art institutions in the UK, USA, and worldwide. Levels include: MA, BA (Hons) Degree and Foundation courses in Art, Design Architecture.
• We teach students of all levels. We welcome beginners, and can offer support and training for professional artists and designers too. Ideal for those returning to art and design after some time, or those contemplating a career change.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Group & Private Study Options:
• 24 or 18 Week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation
• Short / Intensive Portfolio Preparation Courses - Study for 4, 6, 8 or 12 weeks
• 1 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation - an Introductory / Enrichment Course
• 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design
• Professional Digital Portfolio Preparation
• One-to-one Portfolio Preparation Tutoring - For Adults & Teenagers
• One-to-One Online Tutoring - for Adults & Teenagers
• Career change courses & training in art and design
• Career mentoring to advise on future career paths to choose from
• Professional development
• Personal development
Portfolio preparation courses & training offered in the following art & design fields:
• 3D: architecture & product design
• Architecture: innovative design, drawing, maquette making
• Fashion and textile design, fashion photography
• Fine Art: painting, sculpture & mixed media installation
• Graphic Design: magazine and book design, logo design, exhibition design, animation and illustration
• Photography: fine art, fashion, documentary, street
For beginners, pre-foundation students, graduate and Masters applicants, and practising artists:
Evening Art & Design Classes:
• iPad Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Fundamentals of Drawing (6 weeks)
• Life Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Life in Colour (6 weeks)
• Drawing into Painting: The Picture as a Stage (6 or 10 weeks)
• Painting Evening Class (6 or 10 weeks)
• Perspective Drawing (6 weeks)
• Fashion: Traditional Draping (6 weeks)
• Model Making (6 weeks)
• 3D Modelling in Rhino CAD (6 weeks)
• Illustration Introduction (6 weeks)
• Storyboard for Animation Short Courses (6 weeks)
• Half Term Courses (1 week classes in February, April, June & October)
• Fine Art Friday Classes
• Saturday Art School
• Corporate Workshops
Art & Design Summer Courses for Adults:
Held in June, July & August
• 10 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 6 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 4 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 2 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 1 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 1 Week Drawing Enrichment Course
• 1 Week Summer Course
• 1 Week Model Making Course
Art & Design Summer Courses for Teenagers (Under 18)
• 4 or 6 Week Architecture Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Graphic Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Textile Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fine Art Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fashion Design and Draping Womenswear Course
We also offer holiday art classes at Christmas, Spring Half Term, and during the Easter holidays.
Easily-Accessible Location in London:
Our art school is based at Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London E1W 2JU (in the Borough of Tower Hamlets in East London, on the north bank of the River Thames, close to Tower Bridge!). Tower Hill tube station (on the Circle and District Lines) is within walking distance.
• "As a whole, the London Art Portfolio course was an extremely good experience for me. The atmosphere was very creative, free and friendly...Working with Julia helped me secure a place on a Foundation Course at London College of Communication, and later on a place on BA Womenswear at Central Saint Martins.
I would recommend London Art Portfolio to anyone looking to build up a portfolio and wishing to develop their creativity!"
Nina - University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins
• "At first I was uncertain of my own abilities and I lacked confidence. That is why I decided to seek the expertise of Julia. She made me feel comfortable from the very beginning and starting from our first 1:1 tutorial I began to develop my drawing skills.
She made sure that throughout our time together we explored different mediums, techniques and approaches.
We visited museums, explored different artists, made thorough research on various topics and never stopped seeking inspiration. That is why my learning process was enjoyable, diverse and educational.
After three months of hard work at the studio and consistent follow-up on my independent study at home I now have a completed portfolio of work and feel much more confident in my own skills.
I feel prepared for my interviews and cannot express my gratitude to Julia for her support, guidance and encouragement throughout the sensitive process of career change."
Simona - Istituto Marangoni, BA Degree in Fashion Design
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London, England E1W 2JU, UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.