International Summer School for Teens in London, England:
The International Summer School for Teens (ISSFT) offers an exciting and exclusive 3-week pre-university experience though our residential English summer school for international students (ages 14 to 18 years old) in July 2024 in Oxford, UK. Students choose 1 Academic course + 1 Elective course, and stay/board at our location on the inspiring University of Oxford campus in the South-East region of England.Email: Contact us belowGlobal Leadership Programme:
Our global leadership summer course introduces students to the study of economic, social, political and philosophical (PPE) thought with the aim of having a transformative effect on each student's personal growth and intellectual lives, and by extension, society as a whole.
3-week Residential Summer School in Oxford, UK:
• In July 2024
• For future leaders (Boys & Girls ages 14-18 years old, British & international students).
• Students choose 1 Academic course (Global Leadership, 39 Hours) + 1 Elective course.
ELECTIVES: Sport / Creative Courses (39 Hours):
Students choose 1 of the following electives: Golf, Tennis, Rowing, Photography or Theatre (Drama / Acting techniques).
Goals of our Global Leadership Course:
• Understanding the principles around which society has been constructed.
• Develop your verbal skills: listening, focusing, presenting, debating and role playing.
• Develop your critical analysis skills for future studies, careers and activities.
• Develop your interpersonal skill as well as cross communication skills.
• Learn how to think strategically and to develop your own leadership skills on issues that are important to you.
This class combines some of the most important approaches to understanding the world around us, developing useful skills for your future studies as well as a wide range of careers and activities.
Working in small groups, class studies will:
• Explore how we make sense of the world around us.
• Develop effective presentation, research and writing skills.
• Learn how to debate effectively and to see other points of view.
• Grow in self-confidence and develop leadership skills for the future.
• Examine the concepts and values used in political and economic analysis.
• Explain the choices that political systems must regularly make.
• Study the effect of Economics on governmental policy making.
• Discuss the conduct of businesses and pressing issues such as climate change and cyber security.
• Study inspirational leaders, both past and present, and learn how to problem-solve with new friends from across the world.
The historic city of Oxford & the inspiring University of Oxford campus
in the South-East region of England have so much to offer high school age teenagers seeking an immersive summer leadership and personal growth experience in a leading UK university or college environment.