New York English Academy:
Conveniently located in the heart of Lower Manhattan NYC, just three blocks north of Wall Street, New York English Academy provides quality full-time English language courses to students from around the world. Established in 1998, our courses include Standard English, Business English, Conversation & Pronunciation, Slang & Idioms, private English classes, and TOEFL iBT preparation course.
English Language Courses in New York City:
Standard English Program - Offered Year-Round:
Full-time program: 18 or 20 hours per week. Morning & afternoon classes available.
• Designed for students who want to improve their English conversation skills, this course is offered at five levels from beginner to high advanced.
• This program also includes grammar, writing, reading, and comprehension. With plenty of free time before and after class, the Standard English Program is ideal if you want to combine learning English with exploring New York City and having fun during your stay!
• This program aims to help you to communicate better by improving your speaking, listening, writing and reading skills. The course encompasses pronunciation, vocabulary building, and conversational activities using grammar contextually.
• For example, using articles from magazines and newspapers, and summarizing the contents in a comprehensive manner will help to improve your reading skills dramatically.
• Our qualified and experienced English teachers will organize extra-curricular academic activities that allow you to go beyond the classroom and experience English conversation first-hand.
• These may include trips to places of historical interest, visits to museums, "special guest" visits, and a thorough look at life in New York City. These activities aim to help engage you in verbal exploration for the improvement of your English skills.
• With a maximum of 15 students in any level, you can start this course on any Monday during the year. You will be placed in the class that best suits your current level, and will have a monthly English progress test.
• At the end of your course of study, you will receive an official NYEA Certification of Completion.
Our Summer English Course and Part-Time English Course (14 hours per week) follow the same curriculum as this Standard English Program.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Exam Preparation:
4-week (72 hours) or 8-week (144 hours). Courses start every Monday.
The TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) evaluates the ability of an individual to use and understand English in an academic setting.
It is required for entrance to most North American universities and colleges by non-native English speakers.
In addition, institutions such as government agencies, businesses, licensing bodies, or scholarship programs may require this test.
In the TOEFL exam, students will have to demonstrate their ability to integrate the language skills by completing tasks similar to those that they will be expected to accomplish in academic settings.
The course prepares you for this by first evaluating your strengths and weaknesses and you will master important academic skills.
The TOEFL course includes:
• Review of language skills: Listening, speaking, reading and writing
• Review of academic skills: Note-taking, paraphrasing, summarizing, synthesizing
• Examples of questions, including sample essays and speaking responses
• Online mini-tests to increase your reading and comprehension speed
• Audio scripts for practice, activities, quizzes and model tests
Short-term Summer English Courses:
These classes offer students the opportunity to learn to speak English fluently, enabling them to speak with other students from a large variety of cultures, as well as a way to make new friends.
Students will improve listening, reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary skills, with an emphasis on formal and informal speaking.
Business English Course:
Morning classes: 10 hours per week (Monday-Thursday)
One-Day classes: 6 hours / day (Monday-Friday)
Let us help you to navigate the fast-paced world of business in the heart of NYC's Financial District! Improving your Business English skills could increase your chances of getting a new job, or of earning a promotion.
Whether you are a complete beginner to Business English, or already work in the business world and just need some additional practice, we can help you to meet your learning goals.
Conversation and Pronunciation:
Afternoon classes: 4 hours per week
Designed to provide our ESL students with additional practice in speaking and pronunciation, this course gives you the opportunity to spend two afternoons a week focusing on mastering your English speaking skills.
You will gain smoother, more natural pronunciation, and make new friends.
Slang and Idioms:
Afternoon classes: 4 hours per week
Let us help you to navigate the sometimes confusing, secret language of native English speakers! This course aims to help you to understand the informal slang and idiomatic English that you will encounter in an English-speaking environment.
You will gain a better understanding of movies, music, and popular culture. You will also be able to shop like a pro!
Private English Lessons:
Ideal for students who would like more individual attention and a customized learning experience, our private English lessons allow you create your own schedule and focus on the specific areas that you need to improve most. For example, you might want to concentrate on grammar, or work exclusively on your speaking skills.
You can choose to take any of the programs offered by NYEA (Standard English, Business English, Slang & Idioms, Conversation & Pronunciation) in a private one-on-one setting.
TEFL / TESOL English teacher Certification Program:
8-weeks to 1-year. Full-time & part-time study options available
Our TESOL program is inspired by the most renowned TESOL programs in the world, such as the Cambridge University CELTA and the Trinity College TESOL Certificate.
"My first impression of the school was good because people welcomed me really nicely, the English class was interesting and teachers are all native English speakers.
Another good point is that there are only a few students per classroom, so we can learn better, faster, ask more questions and participate a lot."
- Manon, France
"NYEA is a good place to meet a lot of people from many different countries. Students are friendly and kind with other new students. Finally, teachers are very cool and required to teach very well."
- Azaria, Burkina Faso
"During this period at New York English Academy, I have come in contact with many students from all over the world and I have come in contact with many teachers. They were friendly with me and my classmates. Some of my classmates became my best friends."
- Maria, France
For further information on our English courses in Manhattan, please email us below.
|Address: 80 Maiden Lane, 10th Floor, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York 10038, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.