New York English Academy:
Conveniently located in the heart of Lower Manhattan NYC, just three blocks north of Wall Street, New York English Academy provides quality full-time English language courses to students from around the world. Established in 1998, our courses include Standard English, Business English, Conversation & Pronunciation, Slang & Idioms, private English classes, and TOEFL iBT preparation course.
• New York English Academy is approved by the New York Board of Education and are licensed by the NYS Education Department.
• In 2014, New York English Academy was further accredited by ACCET (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training).
• New York English Academy is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students, so no matter what your background, you have the opportunity to enroll with us.
Learn American English in New York:
• Our English courses are designed to prepare students with the English skills needed to participate in the daily life of New York, one of the most academically prestigious cities in the United States of America.
• Upon your arrival, we will give you an ESL (English as a Second Language) placement test to determine your level. We will then place you in the English class that best suits your needs.
• Our courses are designed for international students as well as for our local students. We welcome students from over 50 different countries and this creates a great international environment for learning, making new friends and learning different cultures.
• Full-time Standard English courses (18 / 2-hours per week)
• Part-time Standard English courses (14 hours per week)
• TOEFL iBT preparation (4-week/ 72-hour, or 8-week/ 144-hour course)
• Short-term Summer English courses
• Business English (4 weeks)
• Conversation & Pronunciation (4 hours per week)
• Slang & Idioms (4 hours per week)
• Private English lessons
• TEFL / TESOL English teacher certification program
Our qualified and experienced English teachers create schedules that allow you to go beyond the classroom and experience English conversation first-hand.
You will also have opportunities to learn more about American culture during your class sessions and on field trips. We have extracurricular activities after classes for fun and relaxation. Activities include: Trips to museums, TV channels, restaurants, parks, outdoor games, picnics and more.
Immerse yourself in the English language and American culture, while living locally with a carefully-selected host family and attending your English language classes!
Students will be placed with welcoming families in Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, or New Jersey. Homestay can be a great experience for students who want to learn native English in a non-classroom environment.
You will get to practice the English language skills you have learned with the members of the household.
Further Accommodation Options:
Our location on Maiden Lane means that there are numerous accommodation options available to New York English Academy students during their English studies. We are happy to refer you to housing agents!
There are several businesses and organizations in the area that offer housing and some housing is especially for international students. Residences vary from simple furnished dormitory type rooms to small apartments.
There are various neighborhoods that make up Manhattan, and each of them is unique. They include: Chinatown, SoHo, Greenwich Village, East Village, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Harlem, Lower Manhattan, Little Italy, Tribeca, Civic Center, and Union Square.
Manhattan has long been known for its shopping, restaurants and nightlife, and is a great place to call home.
As the “city that never sleeps”, New York City offers a large variety of entertainment and activity options. One way to enjoy the city is to take in one of the famous Broadway shows.
Off of Broadway there are also several parks and museums within the city that are easily accessible by bus, train, subway or taxi. Other attractions include the Statue of Liberty, the Zoo, Central Park, Fifth Avenue among many others.
Many international students will be very interested in sightseeing at many of these attractions, as they are a strong part of the culture and history of New York City and New York State.
There are lots of different ways to get around in New York City. One of the easiest ways to get anywhere in the city is through use of the subway.
The subway travels the entire length and width of New York City, with stops at every main section.
• "The environment of the school is wonderful and the staff is willing to resolve any problems of the students. I will remember the time I have spent in this school learning English."
• "When I came to this school the first time, I thought “Can I be friends with them and speak English?” Now I am confident that I can. I like this school, the teachers, students, and lessons. They are all very friendly!"
• "I think that New York English Academy is a good place to learn. The atmosphere is nice and creative; they offer different activities to help us learn about New York. The classes are interesting and very educational."
• "Come to New York English Academy. It’s a very nice and cozy place! A very professional school, with nice and prepared teachers."
• "Very good location. The room and teaching style are great."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 80 Maiden Lane, 10th Floor, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York 10038, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.