Language and Music For Life:
Are you searching for a summer music course in the UK? Language and Music for Life (LMFL) provides an international music and language camp in Wales for highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+, teenagers & adults) from throughout the UK and worldwide. We are committed to providing masterclasses, workshops and private instruction from world-class teachers in classical music, brass, jazz, and vocal tuition. In addition, participants can choose to study English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish.Email: Contact us belowMusic & Language Summer Course
Our main course is 2 weeks in duration, or 3 weeks with our optional, intensive Pre-Course.
• Our Summer Courses 2018 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a co-educational day and boarding school in Llandovery, a market town in Carmarthenshire in south-west Wales, UK.
• Designed primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical knowledge enabling them to derive maximum benefit from high quality tuition, our summer course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, as well as to skilled amateurs.
• We also provide our students with opportunities to take renowned Trinity College London exams in both music and/or English language.
• We welcome young musicians aged 5-12 who are accompanied by their parents / guardians. However, we will accept unaccompanied children from the age of 11, if their parents / guardians are unable to attend, but they must be at an advanced level and known to us from attending a previous LMFL course.
Masterclasses / workshops / private tuition may be available for the following instruments
• Piano / Piano Jazz / Organ
• Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Harp)
• Guitar (Acoustic & Electric) & Bass Guitar
• Wind & Brass (Oboe, Clarinet, Flute / Piccolo, Saxophone, Brass, Saxophone / Flute Jazz)
• Drums Workshop
• Sax Ensemble Workshop
• Jazz Sessions
• Voice tuition (classical and jazz)
Rental options are available for Guitar, Cello, and Harp.
Additional Music Courses include:
Chamber Music, Choir, Music Composition, Music Theory, Orchestra Conducting, Trinity Exam Preparation
Quality tuition in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and English in very small groups (5-6 maximum) or in one to one tuition.
Although the preferred language of communication is English, it is possible to learn and practice several second languages.
Additional Summer Courses:
• Intensive One-Week Language & Music Pre-Course - We offer a one-week crash course in English, French, Spanish or German + music tuition (chamber music) for students who are registering for our Musical Summer Course. This course is held before the main summer course.
Music Courses in France 2019:
We will also run a music summer camp in the south of France for adults & teens (aged 17+) at advanced level or professional musicians. (Students 15 and 16 years old may be accompanied at our France courses by their parents).
Easily-Accessible Location for UK & International Students:
Located approximately 312km from London (approximately 5 hours)
, 140km from Bristol and 133km from Birmingham, Llandovery College is easily accessible by excellent road and rail links.
The closest international airport is Cardiff International Airport, just 70km away, which offers direct flights from and to many major cities in the UK and Europe. We provide airport transfers from Bristol International Airport in England.