Crossing Borders International Preschool, Houston:
Equip your child with key life skills for the future through quality language immersion programs in the south-central Houston TX area with Crossing Borders! We provide bilingual preschool programs for toddlers to kindergarten kids ages 18 months - 5 years. Our immersion programs are available in a range of languages - Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, French and English. Parents can choose to send their child to our Rice Village learning center (close to Downtown) for 2, 3, or 5 days a week. All options are full-day programs.
Ages 1-5 are the best time for your child to learn a new language. A child who is fluent in a second or third language has proven advantages over their peers.
Studies have shown that children who learn a second language at a young age have:
• Enhanced mental development
• Higher math, problem solving, and testing scores
• Enhanced ability to communicate with others
• Improved understanding of one's own native language
• Better understanding of other cultures
• Increased job opportunities
Effective Bilingual Preschool Education:
• Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school options (2 ,3, and 5 days) as well as before and after care.
• All of our teachers are native speakers who are devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future.
• Children taking part in our language immersion programs enjoy the best of both worlds: bilingualism and high-quality education. They participate in traditional preschool activities with a teacher who delivers the majority of instruction in the target language with minimal English support.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn all of the subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• Your child learns the target language in the natural way, picking up words and phrases as they participate in fun and engaging activities.
• Children learn through age-appropriate music, games, and activities. Most importantly, they have fun and love these classes!
• Crossing Borders is dedicated to enriching the lives of our students through bilingualism, not merely vocabulary memorization. We recognize that children learn at different levels and paces, and are committed to growing each and every student to his or her fullest potential in every program level we offer.
• Spanish Immersion (for kids ages 1-5)
Spanish is our most popular language program in our bilingual preschool. Children in our innovative program learn the language through age-appropriate games, music, and activities. Latin American culture and traditions are also covered.
• Mandarin Immersion (for potty trained kids ages 3-5)
With more than a billion people in the world speaking Mandarin, you can advance your child's future by teaching him or her Chinese! Your child will learn Mandarin through music, games, and activities. Chinese culture and traditions will also be covered.
• French Immersion (for potty trained kids ages 3-5)
Little ones now have the opportunity to learn French in an immersion-style setting! They will be exposed to age-appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and conversation activities. Students will learn to communicate through dialogue, phrases, expressions, and drills.
• English Immersion (for kids ages 1-5)
Our English Immersion program focuses on having children develop the English language skills that help them in academic subjects. American culture and traditions will also be covered.
Although this is a great program for children coming from non-English speaking homes, this traditional preschool program is also benefical for native English-speaking students! After all, all children at this age are working on language building and development.
• Aftercare / Enrichment Programs:
After-school child care program with language & cultural immersion.
• "Simply said, we love Crossing Borders. Started with 2 days a week, for my almost 2 year old son, and immediately noticed tremendous growth in both Spanish language comprehension and other skills. Ms Joselyn is a wonderful teacher. We are changing to 5 days a week and we are so excited for his continued learning and fun experiences at Crossing Borders!
• "Our family has LOVED being a part of this school. Our son is in the Spanish Immersion program. Our daughter will be starting the same next month and the process was easy. They went out of their way to be sure that both our kids could attend his school year together despite the waiting list due to all the new interest.
Thank you Ms. Coralie and Mrs. Zeina! We look forward to a great year and more to come. What’s also great are the other kids and parents. Everyone we’ve met are just warm and great to chat with."
• "My daughter Anya has been going to Spanish Immersion Preschool for over a year now and she loves it! she has a terrific teacher; Ms. Maria Rodriguez, that Anya has bonded with from the very first day. Not only does Anya understand and communicate in Spanish now, she is also learning how to write letters and words in Spanish."
• “My 3 year old twin girls have been attending Crossing Borders since they were 18 months old. Everyone has been absolutely amazing!! The staff is caring and engaged and goes above and beyond. We love Crossing Borders!“
• "Our son attended Crossing Borders Spanish Immersion preschool for 2 years at Rice Village. We were so pleased that we have begged them to open another location in Kingwood, where we now live, for our daughter; and that's just what they're doing! Yeah! Each of our son's teachers were sweet and caring and all native Spanish speakers. His Spanish grew by leaps and bounds. I would highly recommend Crossing Borders."
• “We absolutely love Ms Lily! She has really helped Brogan break out of his shell. When he started with her, he was barely talking and would sit and listen, but now he's quite the chatter box. He loves to count and sing his ABCs and show me everything he's learned at school.”
• "Alex sings songs in Spanish all the time. She is always counting things, points out colors, but the most amazing thing she does is says full complete sentences. Most of the time I don't even know what she is saying but when I see her talking fluently in Spanish to the teacher I confirm that she is doing just right. Thank you Crossing Borders!"
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2353 Rice Blvd, Houston, Texas 77005, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.