Private schools Houston TX: Private high schools, elementary schools, middle schools, preschools in Houston TX, child care services, day care centers, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools, Christian schools in Harris County & Greater Houston metro area..
1.Crossing Borders International Preschool, Houston
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality bilingual preschool programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 1-5, while French and Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers who are devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care.
Parent Review: "Simply said, we love Crossing Borders. Started with 2 days a week, for my almost 2 year old son, and immediately noticed tremendous growth in both Spanish language comprehension and other skills. Ms Joselyn is a wonderful teacher. We are changing to 5 days a week. - Stephanie
Bilingual Preschool Programs for toddlers to kindergarten kids ages 18 months - 5 years:
• Spanish Immersion Preschool (ages 1-5)
• Spanish Kindergarten Program for 5 year olds
• Mandarin Chinese Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• French Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• English Immersion (18-months to 5 years)
• English for Toddlers
• English Preschool (for kids ages 2-3)
• After-School Child Care / Enrichment Program
• Spanish Summer Camps
• English Summer Camps
Parents can choose to send their child for 2, 3, or 5 days a week.
• A leading provider of accredited homeschool education, Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) offers comprehensive, NCAA-approved online courses with flexible scheduling to homeschooling students in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
• Developed for students in Texas and throughout the U.S., ALA uses the state-of-the-art Odysseyware Curriculum, and a homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, as well as an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We also offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes, college entrance assistance, and summer classes. Students are also welcome to take single classes. Access to our online courses is available 24/7.
• ALA welcomes students with special needs, and they will have the opportunity to receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy through our school.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online Homeschool Programs: - For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
Curriculum features include:
• Anytime online access
• Rigorous core, elective & career courses
• Complete online learning experience
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• College preparation assistance
• Interactive digital content
• Customizable, personal curriculum
• Homeschool diploma awarded on successful completion of the program
Kinsmen Lutheran School in Houston in Harris County, TX, prides itself on teaching excellent Christian morals and values through it's preschool and kindergarten programs. We use a Christian-based curriculum that focuses on core fundamental studies. Kinsmen Lutheran School is a licensed childcare provider by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Our class ratios are exceptional. Our kindergarten class has a 10-1 ratio, while our 1st grade class boasts a 12-1 ratio. We take monthly field trips, Wednesday Chapel, music, sign language and Spanish classes. Kinsmen is dedicated to building children’s self-esteem, promoting self-reliance, providing Christian nurturing and enriching your child’s experiences in an educational environment.
Children have opportunities to experience learning centers, music and movement, arts & crafts, language development and stimulation, science and the study of God’s word. Manipulative play, a fenced playground, indoor gym, dramatic play, sand and water play and sharing time, as well as Chapel time and field trips are offered for preschoolers.
Kinsmen is a congregation of the ELCA (The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America).
Parliament Tutors offers private tutoring in all subjects, and standardized tests across every grade level throughout the 17 school districts and colleges in Houston, TX. No matter the subject area, tutoring can provide tremendous benefit to a student. Tutoring enables an individual student to jump into an interactive learning system where they are the center of attention, and are able to ask a question at any time. With a tutor, you are the entire classroom, and your individual success is the class’ only objective.
The Growing Tree Academy is a privately-owned licensed daycare and preschool in Houston, Harris County, TX, where children from 6 weeks to 4 years (Pre-K) come to learn, play and socialize. Spanish is taught to all students and live webcam monitoring is given to parents so they can view their child throughout the day.
We provide highly qualified and caring teachers and staff, with all teachers qualified in their age group. The Growing Tree Academy provides a loving environment that provides children with a strong foundation to begin their lives. We are open Monday - Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Located just 8 miles west of downtown Houston, and servicing the entire Houston & Harris County areas, Trinity Classical School is a college-preparatory Christian school that offers hybrid on-campus and in-home classes for children from Pre-K through 6th Grade. On-campus classes meet two days per week (Monday and Wednesday), with at-home learning occurring on the alternate days. We use the Classical curriculum and a University-style approach, and aim to instill excellence of character by integrating Christ-centered, biblical principles as a part of each subject.
The school's curriculum is formed around a group of classes called the "Classical Core," which includes Language Arts, History, Science, and Math. The Classical Core is a full-day program that meets two days per week. We use proven content and methods for teaching that align with a child's natural developmental stages.
Students attend class with professional teachers on Monday and Wednesday, and then receive detailed at-home assignments to complete under the guidance of parents. This allows parents to participate in the instruction of their children and also gradually prepares students for a university environment.
7.Little Angels Playhouse Child Development Centers / Day Care, Houston
Courses / Programs
Since 1994, the founder of Little Angels Playhouse has been providing excellence in educational early childhood development and has created one of the leading daycare centers in The Woodlands / Spring / 1488 Magnolia Texas areas, about 20 miles north of Houston, TX. At Little Angels Playhouse, we offer full-time and part-time programs, drop in care, mom's day out programs, Spanish immersion programs, dance classes and little picassos classes. There is also after hours care available at our centers.
In our three centers in Spring, Woodlands and 1488 Magnolia, Ms. Morales and her staff encourage the children's mental and emotional development as well as meeting their physical needs. With her devotion and passion to training and development of staff, Mrs. Morales has created an exceptional haven where children and families can feel safe and welcome.
Young Einsteins Math & Science Academy in Spring, Harris County, TX serves children ages 2.5 - 6 years in a full-day academic program. Our mission is to raise the quality of childcare in the Spring / Woodlands area by providing each child and their family with a safe and encouraging environment that nurtures creativity, individuality, independence, and creates a solid academic foundation.
Our philosophy includes learning through discovery and inquiry. We strive to provide children in the Spring/Woodlands area a sense of responsibility and independence through academic principles blended with experiential learning to ensure appropriate cognitive and social development. Individuality is recognized and used as a basis on which to encourage each child to reach their full potential in all areas of life.
We have fully certified EC-4 teachers that value learning through inquiry and discovery. Utilizing a progressive approach to education, our teachers teach your little ones in phonics, math, reading, writing, and science. Our main goal is to build lasting relationships with parents and the children we serve.
Located in the Houston Heights area just north of Downtown Houston TX, The New School in the Heights is a private, special needs school for K-8th Grade children with ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Sensory Integration, selective mutism, reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and other diagnoses where children struggle with social-emotional issues.
Although we are not exclusively a private school for gifted children, many of our students are gifted and talented as G/T children tend to struggle with emotions they have not yet learned to manage. Our goal for all students is to return to mainstream education.
Our mission is to provide an alternative educational experience for children with good or superior intelligence whose social-emotional delays interfere with success in school and life. New School in the Heights is accredited by TAAPS (Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools).
Conveniently located in downtown Houston TX, The Harris School offers a specialized curriculum for at-risk children from Preschool through Grade 8 who are typically average to above average intellectually, are not functioning at their full potential due to underlying social or emotional difficulties, and have needs that are not being met in a traditional school setting.
Our comprehensive Preschool - 8th Grade curriculum focuses on the emotional world of the child and its impact on their behaviors. Our program is designed for children who are experiencing anxiety or depression, have suffered trauma, or those diagnosed with ADHD, PDD, SID, ODD, Bipolar Disorder, Tourette Syndrome or Asperger’s Disorder.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional learning environment for students and their families by using an integrated academic and therapeutic program designed to enhance self-awareness, problem solving skills and social-emotional well-being.