Private schools Houston TX: Private high schools, elementary schools, middle schools, preschools in Houston TX, child care services, day care centers, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools, Christian schools in Harris County & Greater Houston metro area..
1.Crossing Borders International Preschool, Houston - Programs in 2024
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality language immersion programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years old).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 18 months – 5 years old, while French & Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care (The schedule flexibility is available for toddlers 18 months to 2 years old).
2.Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• A leading provider of accredited homeschool education, Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) offers comprehensive, NCAA-approved online courses with flexible scheduling to homeschooling students in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
• Developed for students in Texas and throughout the U.S., ALA uses the state-of-the-art Acellus Curriculum, and a homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, as well as an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We also offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes, college entrance assistance, and summer classes. Students are also welcome to take single classes. Access to our online courses is available 24/7.
• ALA welcomes students with special needs, and they will have the opportunity to receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy through our school.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online Homeschool Programs: - For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
Curriculum features include:
• Anytime online access
• Rigorous core, elective & career courses
• Complete online learning experience
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• College preparation assistance
• Interactive digital content
• Customizable, personal curriculum
• Homeschool diploma awarded on successful completion of the program
Founded in 1968, Alexander-Smith Academy (ASA) is a private, college-preparatory high school in Houston in Harris County, Texas. In addition to college-preparatory courses, ASA offers curriculums in Advanced Placement courses, as well as Honors courses. We are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Texas Education Agency.
At ASA, we believe our primary goal is to nurture young minds, providing the tools and tests necessary to help students develop intellectual maturity. We are dedicated to individual educational instruction and classes at all levels are taught in a structured, individualized environment. Classes are small enough (5-7 students per class) for students to get the personal attention they need.
Young Einsteins Math & Science Academy in Spring, Harris County, TX serves children ages 2.5 - 6 years in a full-day academic program. Our mission is to raise the quality of childcare in the Spring / Woodlands area by providing each child and their family with a safe and encouraging environment that nurtures creativity, individuality, independence, and creates a solid academic foundation.
Our philosophy includes learning through discovery and inquiry. We strive to provide children in the Spring/Woodlands area a sense of responsibility and independence through academic principles blended with experiential learning to ensure appropriate cognitive and social development. Individuality is recognized and used as a basis on which to encourage each child to reach their full potential in all areas of life.
We have fully certified EC-4 teachers that value learning through inquiry and discovery. Utilizing a progressive approach to education, our teachers teach your little ones in phonics, math, reading, writing, and science. Our main goal is to build lasting relationships with parents and the children we serve.
Located in north-west Houston TX, just 10 minutes from the city center, The Journey School of Houston provides inclusive education to meet the needs of the whole child.
We offer therapeutic programs to students from age 5 through to 8th Grade. Our personalized curriculum supports individual growth in order for each child to succeed and live with intention.
Many of the students we serve are gifted, talented, twice-exceptional with anxiety, ADHD, ADD, OCD, Asperger's, social-emotional delays or have been through a trauma which interferes in life and school.
We offer a therapeutic setting in which students can develop adaptive social practices and unique problem solving approaches, students can discover their true potential and joy.
Founded in 2000, The Woodlands Preparatory School is a non-sectarian college preparatory day school enrolling a total of 225 girls and boys in Kindergarten through 12 Grade. We are located in Spring, approximately 20 miles north of Downtown Houston in Harris County, serving communities including Houston, Katy, Pasadena, Pearland and Kemah.
We are an IB-PYP candidate and I-20 approved private school, well known for pushing the academic envelope beyond other standards. Therefore, students have the advantage and aptitude to excel in higher learning institutions upon graduation from The Woodlands Preparatory School.
The Woodlands Preparatory Schools holds memberships in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the College Board, Texas IB Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, Mu Alpha Theta, and the National Honor Society.
The Growing Tree Academy is a privately-owned licensed daycare and preschool in Houston, Harris County, TX, where children from 6 weeks to 4 years (Pre-K) come to learn, play and socialize. Spanish is taught to all students and live webcam monitoring is given to parents so they can view their child throughout the day.
We provide highly qualified and caring teachers and staff, with all teachers qualified in their age group. The Growing Tree Academy provides a loving environment that provides children with a strong foundation to begin their lives. We are open Monday - Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm.
The Kinkaid School is a non-sectarian, college preparatory day school located in Houston in Harris County, Texas, enrolling a total of 1,280 boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through to 12th. Kinkaid's students range in age from four years to eighteen years. The school has three divisions: Lower School (Prekindergarten, Kindergarten, and grades 1-4); Middle School (grades 5-8); and Upper School (grades 9-12).
Each school division has its own faculty, classrooms, and separate identity, and each has a specific educational plan for nurturing its students. The divisions are unified through educational ideals that characterize Kinkaid and determine its policies.
9.Little Angels Playhouse Child Development Centers / Day Care, Houston
Courses / Programs
Since 1994, the founder of Little Angels Playhouse has been providing excellence in educational early childhood development and has created one of the leading daycare centers in The Woodlands / Spring / 1488 Magnolia Texas areas, about 20 miles north of Houston, TX. At Little Angels Playhouse, we offer full-time and part-time programs, drop in care, mom's day out programs, Spanish immersion programs, dance classes and little picassos classes. There is also after hours care available at our centers.
In our three centers in Spring, Woodlands and 1488 Magnolia, Ms. Morales and her staff encourage the children's mental and emotional development as well as meeting their physical needs. With her devotion and passion to training and development of staff, Mrs. Morales has created an exceptional haven where children and families can feel safe and welcome.
Kinsmen Lutheran School in Houston in Harris County, TX, prides itself on teaching excellent Christian morals and values through it's preschool and kindergarten programs. We use a Christian-based curriculum that focuses on core fundamental studies. Kinsmen Lutheran School is a licensed childcare provider by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Our class ratios are exceptional. Our kindergarten class has a 10-1 ratio, while our 1st grade class boasts a 12-1 ratio. We take monthly field trips, Wednesday Chapel, music, sign language and Spanish classes. Kinsmen is dedicated to building children’s self-esteem, promoting self-reliance, providing Christian nurturing and enriching your child’s experiences in an educational environment.
Children have opportunities to experience learning centers, music and movement, arts & crafts, language development and stimulation, science and the study of God’s word. Manipulative play, a fenced playground, indoor gym, dramatic play, sand and water play and sharing time, as well as Chapel time and field trips are offered for preschoolers.
Kinsmen is a congregation of the ELCA (The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America).
To opt-out of any of the three cookie categories below for your current browser, untick its Checkbox below (if ticked), and Save/Update your setting.
Opting out of banner ads being displayed: To support our work & the existence of this website, we display Non-personalized ads from Google in the EU/EEA, and are targeted using contextual information from the opened web page only (Non-personalized ads are not based on a User's past behavior or demographic). While the non-personalized ads are compliant with GDPR requirements, we still enable you to "Opt out" at any time of the non-personalized banner ads display (static images, text -based, rich media ads, mobile full -screen ads that appear between page loads) during your use of this site.Uncheck the Advertising cookies Tickbox, and then click the Update Settings button (for your current browser) in the Green area below.
These necessary cookies allow delivery of the content (and ensure that the content is displayed correctly on pages on your type of device or browser). These browser cookies also make necessary security checks for site stability to help ensure it is normal human browsing behavior and to protect this site from unwanted robot activity.
Functionality cookies allow our website to remember your site preferences & choices including, for example - Username, region and interface language. These site cookies help to ensure registration & login functionality as they enable the tracking of each logged-in User to help boost your User Experience on each page & form.