Private schools Houston TX: Private high schools, elementary schools, middle schools, preschools in Houston TX, child care services, day care centers, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools, Christian schools in Harris County & Greater Houston metro area..
1.Crossing Borders International Preschool, Houston - Programs in 2021
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality language immersion programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years old).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 18 months – 5 years old, while French & Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care (The schedule flexibility is available for toddlers 18 months to 2 years old).
2.Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• A leading provider of accredited homeschool education, Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) offers comprehensive, NCAA-approved online courses with flexible scheduling to homeschooling students in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
• Developed for students in Texas and throughout the U.S., ALA uses the state-of-the-art Acellus Curriculum, and a homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, as well as an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We also offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes, college entrance assistance, and summer classes. Students are also welcome to take single classes. Access to our online courses is available 24/7.
• ALA welcomes students with special needs, and they will have the opportunity to receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy through our school.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online Homeschool Programs: - For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
Curriculum features include:
• Anytime online access
• Rigorous core, elective & career courses
• Complete online learning experience
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• College preparation assistance
• Interactive digital content
• Customizable, personal curriculum
• Homeschool diploma awarded on successful completion of the program
Conveniently located in downtown Houston TX, The Harris School offers a specialized curriculum for at-risk children from Preschool through Grade 8 who are typically average to above average intellectually, are not functioning at their full potential due to underlying social or emotional difficulties, and have needs that are not being met in a traditional school setting.
Our comprehensive Preschool - 8th Grade curriculum focuses on the emotional world of the child and its impact on their behaviors. Our program is designed for children who are experiencing anxiety or depression, have suffered trauma, or those diagnosed with ADHD, PDD, SID, ODD, Bipolar Disorder, Tourette Syndrome or Asperger’s Disorder.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional learning environment for students and their families by using an integrated academic and therapeutic program designed to enhance self-awareness, problem solving skills and social-emotional well-being.
Excellent Minds Academy is a non-profit private school in League City TX, within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. The school caters to students with learning disorders and disabilities from elementary school 2nd Grade through 12th Grade. At Excellent Minds Academy, we are committed to educating our students in a supportive and comfortable learning environment.
Each student is assessed individually so their education is tailored to their needs. Our online curriculum gives each student the opportunity to progress at their own pace. We aim to help our students academically as well as socially. By joining our program, students will become more confident and self-assured.
Located in north-west Houston TX, just 10 minutes from the city center, The Journey School of Houston provides inclusive education to meet the needs of the whole child.
We offer therapeutic programs to students from age 5 through to 8th Grade. Our personalized curriculum supports individual growth in order for each child to succeed and live with intention.
Many of the students we serve are gifted, talented, twice-exceptional with anxiety, ADHD, ADD, OCD, Asperger's, social-emotional delays or have been through a trauma which interferes in life and school.
We offer a therapeutic setting in which students can develop adaptive social practices and unique problem solving approaches, students can discover their true potential and joy.
Founded in 1968, Alexander-Smith Academy (ASA) is a private, college-preparatory high school in Houston in Harris County, Texas. In addition to college-preparatory courses, ASA offers curriculums in Advanced Placement courses, as well as Honors courses. We are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Texas Education Agency.
At ASA, we believe our primary goal is to nurture young minds, providing the tools and tests necessary to help students develop intellectual maturity. We are dedicated to individual educational instruction and classes at all levels are taught in a structured, individualized environment. Classes are small enough (5-7 students per class) for students to get the personal attention they need.
Located in the Houston Heights area just north of Downtown Houston TX, The New School in the Heights is a private, special needs school for K-8th Grade children with ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Sensory Integration, selective mutism, reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and other diagnoses where children struggle with social-emotional issues.
Although we are not exclusively a private school for gifted children, many of our students are gifted and talented as G/T children tend to struggle with emotions they have not yet learned to manage. Our goal for all students is to return to mainstream education.
Our mission is to provide an alternative educational experience for children with good or superior intelligence whose social-emotional delays interfere with success in school and life. New School in the Heights is accredited by TAAPS (Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools).
Parliament Tutors offers private tutoring in all subjects, and standardized tests across every grade level throughout the 17 school districts and colleges in Houston, TX. No matter the subject area, tutoring can provide tremendous benefit to a student. Tutoring enables an individual student to jump into an interactive learning system where they are the center of attention, and are able to ask a question at any time. With a tutor, you are the entire classroom, and your individual success is the class’ only objective.
Founded in 2000, The Woodlands Preparatory School is a non-sectarian college preparatory day school enrolling a total of 225 girls and boys in Kindergarten through 12 Grade. We are located in Spring, approximately 20 miles north of Downtown Houston in Harris County, serving communities including Houston, Katy, Pasadena, Pearland and Kemah.
We are an IB-PYP candidate and I-20 approved private school, well known for pushing the academic envelope beyond other standards. Therefore, students have the advantage and aptitude to excel in higher learning institutions upon graduation from The Woodlands Preparatory School.
The Woodlands Preparatory Schools holds memberships in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the College Board, Texas IB Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, Mu Alpha Theta, and the National Honor Society.
Located in Houston in Harris County, TX, Awty International School is a private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school offering programs from preschool through to 12th grade. We are unique among Houston's private schools in that our multi-national student body and strong language programs provide a multi-cultural experience not available elsewhere. Each student takes a second language, English, French or Spanish. We also offer native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic & Dutch.
We offer students two academic programs: A traditional American college preparatory curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate or the French Baccalaureate. Students in both International Baccalaureate and French Baccalaureate programs must meet the requirements for an American high school diploma which includes credits in fine arts, computer science and American history.
Awty International School is accredited by the Council for International Schools (C.I.S). With 50 nationalities in our student body, our students learn from each other about countries around the world. There simply is no other school in Houston which offers these unique opportunities.
College Preparatory Curriculum for Children in Preschool through 12th Grade:
- Leading to the International Baccalaureate or French Baccalaureate:
- International Section
- French Section
- Primary, Middle and Upper Schools
- All students take a second language - English, French or Spanish
- Native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and Dutch
- Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, foreign Language, computer science, P.E. and fine arts