Keystone Toronto International High School:
Keystone Toronto International High School in downtown Toronto was established by Keystone International Schools group (founded in Istanbul, Turkey) with the aim of providing the children of expats as well as international students looking to study abroad in Canada with the wonderful opportunity of completing a High School Diploma Program (Grades 9-12) in Ontario, in preparation for a smooth transition into post-secondary education or university in North America.
High School Diploma Program for Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12:
- Prepare for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Continue your high school studies in Toronto with the goal of transitioning smoothly into higher education or university studies in Canada or the USA.
• Keystone Toronto International High School has a Two-semester system offering a more flexible academic schedule.
• Typically, students take 4 credits during the first semester and 4 credits during the second semester. If needed or desires, students can also take up to 2 credits during the Summer semester.
• Small classes ensure that each student is seen, respected, valued and challenged, resulting in a truly unique high school education, designed around the needs and personality of each student.
• Classes are 90 minute blocks. By studying courses in these blocks, and only having to take a maximum of four subjects per semester, Keystone Toronto students are able to concentrate more meaningfully and intensively on fewer courses at one time, resulting in less stress, and more time fully focused on their courses. Students receive individual support from teachers. This type of academic schedule is also more aligned with the college and university system.
• In preparation for college & university, Keystone Toronto International High School teaches students to think about what they learn, to understand, analyze, investigate, formulate, and propose logical solutions to non-routine problems. Students are taught to be resourceful, to connect their learning to real-life issues, to organize tasks, and manage their time to meet deadlines.
• High school students discover new capacities for important critical thinking and for forming independent judgments. Reading classic books and literature, and exploring scientific concepts, and debating ethical issues in science, history, economics and classic works are all part of the Keystone Toronto experience.
• Students engage in a wide variety of mathematical reasoning, and inquire, hypothesize and conduct hands-on science lab experiments, as well as write poetry. Our teachers present current day issues - encouraging students to observe, compare, question, analyze, create and imagine new alternatives.
Choose between Three University Pathway Streams:
• Math & Science Pathway
The Math & Science pathway focuses on combining logic and precision with intuition and imagination. This study pathway offers a broad range of future possible career options for students who will want to continue their higher studies in college or university in fields such as Architecture, Engineering, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Medical Sciences, Environmental Studies, Sustainable Agriculture and more.
• Arts & Humanities Pathway
The Arts & Humanities study stream focuses on acquiring key life and artistic skills related to creativity, self-analysis, discipline, effective communication, practical knowledge and problem-solving strategy. This pathway provides high school students with the widest selection of career fields in college or university - For example, Education, Law, Economics, Political Science, Language Arts, History, Philosophy, Literature and Performing Arts are some of the possible high education programs followed by students of this pathway.
• Business & Management Pathway
The Business & Management stream is developed for those students who aspire to continue their higher studies in Business Administration, Commerce, Trade, Finance, International Business & Technology and related career fields. This university pathway encourages students to explore their subjects from a global perspective, and students are exposed to various industries, examine different organizations, and interact with industry leaders and entrepreneurs throughout the program.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) Graduation Requirements:
18 Compulsory Credits
• 4 credits in English
• 3 credits in Mathematics
• 2 credits in Science
• 1 credit in Canadian Geography
• 1 credit in Canadian History
• 1 credit in Arts
• 1 credit in Business Studies
• 1 credit in French as a second language
• 1 credit in Health & Physical Education
12 Optional Credits
• The Arts
• Business studies
• Canadian and world studies
• Computer studies
• Cooperative education
• French as a second language
• Guidance and career education
• Health and physical education
• Social sciences and the humanities
• Technological education
40 hours of Community Service
Each student who begins the Ontario secondary school program must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement activities.
University / College Preparation:
• The important post-high school planning process, lead by the career counselor, empowers each individual student to assess his/her own career and subject interests and capabilities, and to think independently about the direction of his/her life and studies after high school.
English Language Enrichment Program for International Students:
• There are five ESL courses (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) based on the student's level of proficiency in English. Depending on the international student's previous exposore to the English language, his/her level of English is assessed during an interview, and when needed, supplemented with an English Assessment Test.
|Address: 23 Toronto Street, Toronto, Ontario M5C 2R1, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.