Accademia Riaci, Florence:
Are you interested in a career as a professional art conservator or restoration artist? Located in the heart of Florence, Accademia Riaci is an international art and design school that provides courses in a range of popular career fields, including restoration of paintings. Taught by experienced tutors who are experts in the field, our restoration of paintings courses include academic year and semester programs, a professional one-year master course, as well as short courses and intensive summer courses. Our courses are offered in Italian with English or Spanish interpretation. On completion of a one-year or two-year program, you will be awarded a Diploma.Email: Contact us belowRestoration of Paintings Courses in Florence:
• One-Year / Semester Ceramics Programs:
Taught in Italian with English or Spanish interpreters
This comprehensive program is designed to equip you with the specific education and training you need for a successful career as a conservator of material artifacts that are of historic, artistic, or other cultural significance.
The extensive curriculum emphasizes the importance of respecting and understanding:
- the cultural and aesthetic significance of artifacts requiring restoration
- the technical & scientific means of identifying the materials employed in the fabrication & restoration of artifacts
- their properties, the modes and mechanisms of the deterioration of art and restoration materials
- the techniques and procedures employed in restoration documentation
- the importance of interdisciplinary study that fosters your creative learning in different restoration specialties and allied fields
You will undertake laboratory work, research projects, and seminars in special areas of restoration such as climatology or the problems relating to ethnographic and archaeological artifacts. You will gain intensive restoration experience through advanced fieldwork.
This program also aims to prepare you for continued professional growth and development throughout your career and provides an appreciation of the possibility to contribute to continuing evolution of restoration profession.
• Restoration of Paintings Master Course:
Academic Year & Semester study options available. Taught in Italian with English or Spanish interpreters
In this comprehensive course, you will receive simultaneous instruction in the specialties of paintings, paper, and object conservation, as well as in their various subspecialties including ethnographic and archaeological materials.
Through a combination of lectures, studio work, and laboratory classes, you concentrate on:
- The assessment and documentation of the physical condition
- The nature and extent of deterioration of the artifact
- The identification of traditional and modern materials and fabrication techniques
- The measures, which can be taken to prevent damage to the artifact during display, storage, and shipping
- The wide variety of materials and techniques employed in the conservation of artifacts
- The physical, aesthetic, and pragmatic factors that govern the selection of conservation treatment
- Scientific methodology to conservation and preservation problems
- The application of physical and chemical principles
Our faculty includes nationally and internationally-recognized conservators and other specialists with extensive experience in conservation education.
Other Restoration of Paintings Courses:
- Short Restoration of Paintings Course: Study for 1 / 2 / 4 / 8 / 12 / 24 weeks
- Restoration of Paintings Summer Courses: Study for 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 12 weeks