London Art Portfolio:
Located close to Tower Bridge in Wapping in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London, London Art Portfolio (LAP) offers art and design portfolio preparation specialist courses and bespoke one-to-one tutorials in summer and throughout the year. Portfolio preparation courses and workshops are available during the day and in the evening and we provide support and training to UK and international students of all levels - from complete beginners to professional artists and designers. LAP was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly, nationally and internationally. Tower Hill tube station (on the Circle and District Lines) is within walking distance from our school.
Summer & Year-Round Portfolio Preparation Courses:
Art & Design Portfolio Courses / Career Change Courses / Private Tutorials in:
• Fine Art: painting, sculpture & mixed media
• Fashion: design, promotion, marketing, photography
• Textile Design: surface, pattern & construction
• Graphic Design: illustration, print, logo, media, package & eco design
• 3D: architecture & product design
• Photography: fine art, fashion, documentary, street
• Career change courses & training in art and design
• Professional development
Tutorials & Courses for International & Local Students:
• One-to-one art & design portfolio preparation tutorials
• Day portfolio preparation courses: 1, 4, 6 or 12 week courses
• 24 or 18-week portfolio preparation course
• 24-week Foundation Course in Art & Design
• Evening Art classes (courses in Painting, Drawing, Fashion Draping, 3D Rhino Technology, and more)
Art & Design Summer Courses for Adults:
Courses held in June, July & August
• 1 Week Drawing Enrichment Course
• 1 Week Summer Course
• 1 Week Model Making Course
• 1 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 2 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 4 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 6 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 10 Week Summer Portfolio Course
Art & Design Summer Courses for Teenagers (Under 18)
Courses held in June, July & August
• 4 or 6 Week Architecture Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Graphic Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Textile Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fine Art Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fashion Design and Draping Womenswear Course
Our courses cover:
- Bespoke action plans
- Art & Design Preparation courses
- Degree dissertation
- Studio artwork
- UCAS online application
- Career and specialist course choices
- Interview preparation & techniques
Students are very welcome to use free studio space and desk space in the afternoons.
"I loved every minute of my time at London Art Portfolio, hope to be back soon."
- Laura, USA
“Following an intensive course with LAP for my personal and professional portfolio development, Julia helped me to bring my design approach to the next level and at the same time to improve my expertise as a graphic designer.
Furthermore, and beyond the course working with Julia has been a highly inspiring and enriching experience which truly added to my time in London.
Julia has been both to me, a great mentor but also a friend. Her expertise and advise were of great value to me and by sharing her experiences Julia lightened the spark to apply for my Master's degree.
Though I applied frankly last minute, I got my interview right away and will start with my (pre-) master in September. I am grateful for the time I got to spent and work with Julia and enjoyed every minute in the studio working with her.
I absolutely recommend LAP and if I ever move back to London I will pass by. For her future, personal life and career I wish Julia all the best.”
- Patricia, Graphic Designer
"Julia is very creative, patient and very supportive to her students, she gives a hint or a push when needed then leaves it to the student.
Julia has a positive,enthusiastic professional manner as well as a friendly relationship when working on a one on one basis with her students.
Julia aids her students to extend their skills and knowledge so they start to feel more confident in their own ability."
- Diane (Mother of Kate Rucker)
You can book one or more of the courses above. For further information, please email us via the form below.
Specific Contact Pages: - Fashion Portfolio Prep
|Address: Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London, England E1W 2JU, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.