• Join us at Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) for an educational and cultural summer experience to remember!
• Established in 1885, AUB is a leading provider of high-quality creative arts education to UK & international students, recognised as one of the UK’s leading arts universities.
• AUB offers 3-week and 2-week specialist summer courses (UK & international students of ages 14 to 18+) in a range of fields including Animation, Fashion, Make-up, Film Making, Architecture, Portfolio Preparation for Art, Design & Media, and more. We also provide a residential programme.
• Our new course "Creative Thinking & Skills Development" is for students 18 years of age and over.
• Achieve a AUB Certificate of Attendance. Ideal for CV’s and university applications.
• Experience world-class facilities (including a large art and design library), and be supported by highly-acclaimed teaching staff while making a network of new friends from around the globe.
• Situated on the picturesque South coast, Bournemouth is renowned for its beaches and it’s cosmopolitan vibe. It’s also less than a 2 hour train ride to London.
Student Review: “AUB’s summer courses are a brilliant way to try new subjects in a new place - loved every second” - Anna, Italy
• Situated close to Tower Bridge in Wapping in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London, on the north bank of the River Thames, London Art Portfolio (LAP) offers art and design portfolio preparation specialist courses, foundation courses in art & design, and bespoke one-to-one tutorials in summer and throughout the year.
• Courses and workshops are available during the day and in the evening and we provide support and training to UK and international students of all levels - from complete beginners to professional artists and designers.
• LAP was established by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly, nationally and internationally.
• We have a number of studios where we deliver training in the following fields: painting, sculpture, fashion and textile design, fashion photography, animation and illustration.
• We are popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for online and portfolio development support.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
• Julia has a 100% success rate for student placement onto University courses at the best London Universities and Foundation courses.
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time! The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable."
Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) offers unique 2-week or 3-week summer music and language courses in Llandovery in south-west Wales, UK.
LMFL provides quality one-to-one training in a wide range of instruments & voice tuition to highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+, teenagers & adults). In addition, we offer English and foreign language classes in private lessons or small groups.
Designed primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical knowledge enabling them to derive maximum benefit from high quality tuition, the course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, skilled amateurs and "tourist musicians".
The main course is 2 weeks long or 3 weeks with the optional intensive pre-course.
Our Summer Courses 2020 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a day and boarding school in Carmarthenshire, approximately 5 hours by train from London and 1.5 hours from Swansea.
Llandovery College is easily accessible by excellent road & rail links. Cardiff International Airport is just 45 miles away.
During the course, students can take world-recognized Trinity College London exams.
Trinity College London provides exams & qualifications in over 60 countries globally, and LMFL provides our students with the opportunity to take Trinity College London music qualifications.
We also offer a music summer camp in Florence, Italy for adults & youth (aged 18+) at advanced level or professional musicians.
UK Film School provides a residential, 5-day summer Filmmaking Course for students ages 16-19 on the campus of Brook House College, an international boarding school in Market Harborough, Leicestershire, 1 hour east of Birmingham.
Over the course of a week, students have the opportunity to make a film from start to finish using broadcast quality equipment and under the guidance of film and TV professionals.
Students will experience all aspects of filmmaking - including script development, casting, location scouting, cinematography, sound recording, and more.
Our 1-week Filmmaking summer program includes all activities, boarding and meals.
West George College is a small, friendly, private college situated 5 minutes from the city centre of Glasgow, Scotland and a short walk to Glasgow's stylish West End. We offer summer English courses for students from EU countries. These courses are ideal for college / University students who need to improve their English for entry to a UK institution, or simply to better their job prospects, or simply for a fun and educational summer break!
Glasgow is a thriving, cosmopolitan city with an interesting history, traditions and culture. West George College has experienced, educated and TEFL certified tutors who will guide you through the intensive ESOL course and make your stay in Glasgow as fun as possible.
We are in partnership with EDI and Pearsons Academic English accreditation.
Learn English in South West London this summer with Amity English School!
Situated in Wimbledon, in the Borough of Merton, just 15 minutes from Central London, Amity English School, a department of Amity College, provides beginner to advanced level English classes in summer and year-round to students from around the world.
Our summer programs include morning, afternoon and evening study options with a maximum of 10 students per class - so plenty of personal attention is guaranteed.
In addition to summer classes (June-August), we also provide specialized Winter English classes (November-January). These language programmes combine learning with a great holiday.
Our school is located in lovely Wimbledon, less than 5 minutes walk from Wimbledon Train Station. Wimbledon and the surrounding area has many restaurants, pubs, bars and historical places.
Summer English Courses:
- Beginner to Advanced levels
- Morning, Afternoon & Evening study options available
• General English (Basic, Standard, Semi-Intensive or Intensive option)
• One-To-One / Private English Lessons
• IELTS Exam Preparation
• Cambridge Exam Preparation (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE & BEC)
• Business English
• English Conversation & Pronunciation
• English for Academic Purposes
• English Grammar Classes
• Winter English Courses
The Llangenny Flute Summer School, in southern Powys, Wales, is a 14 day residential Flute program for students ages 16+ years with daily masterclasses and chamber music, plus a concert for participants. The emphasis of the Summer School is to create a balance between learning and fun! Each day there will be a morning warm-up session covering various aspects of technique, followed by masterclass sessions, as well as a variety of classes including orchestral and ensemble playing. During the week there will be an afternoon of "Problem Solving" away from the flute, run by the Outdoor Education Centre (you will need waterproof outdoor clothing and suitable footwear).
Running from the 16th to 21st July, the Llangenny Flute Summer School is entering its fifth year, led by Sarah Newbold, flute, and Zoe Smith, piano. Sarah is well respected as a teacher, performer and orchestral musician. She has taught on summer schools previously where she met Zoë, who has extensive knowledge of the flute repertoire. On Monday evening Sarah and Zoe will give a recital and on Friday evening there will a concert given by the students.
8.Encore Music Projects International Summer School
Courses / Programs
Founded in 2013 by pianist Olena Shvetsova and her cellist husband Richard May, Encore Music Projects International Summer School provides a summer music course for children and young adults in the exclusive setting of a UK Specialist Music School.
Our residential summer music school is held at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset in South West England. Designed for intermediate and advanced students, the 2-week music course is for piano, strings, composition, voice, and chamber ensembles.
You will receive expert tuition from our team of world class musicians. Lessons will focus on the development of technique, stage performance and presentation, musical styles and interpretation, competition and audition preparation.
The emphasis will be on making music together, with daily one-to-one lessons, chamber music, piano/vocal masterclasses/workshops, String Chamber Orchestra and Community Choir.
In the evenings there will be several public teacher concerts. There will be time for recreation, including free use of the school’s covered swimming pool, organised activities and games, and a free day to explore the fabulous sights around Wells.
For those parents who may be considering sending their children to Wells Cathedral School for their education, the course offers a unique chance to experience the atmosphere of the school.
The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) is a college of the University of London and the only Higher Education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. In 2008, SOAS jumped 15 places up to ninth best university nationwide in The Good University Guide, and we were rated fourth in London. We also moved three places up to eighth in The Guardian newspaper's league tables of top UK universities.
Now for the 10th year running, SOAS is proud to offer an exciting summer school of world music. Our course programme is unique, varied and truly multi-cultural. If you are passionate about music and cultures, there is something for everyone; this summer we offer a more varied programme than ever: Intensive and inspiring courses, practical workshops, taster sessions and master classes for students of all backgrounds, beginners to advanced, amateur and professional. Take your pick!
SOAS World Music Summer School. Courses include Afro-Brazilian Percussion; Balinese Gamelan; Afro-Cuban Bata Drumming; Arabic Maqam Ensemble; Chinese Guqin Music, Cuban Music Big Band; Didgeridoo; Eastern European & Balkan Music; Japanese Shakuhachi, Kora; Middle Eastern Percussion, Mongolian Overtone Singing; Mouth Harps; Russian Folk Songs; Klezmer Music; Senegalese Sabar Drumming; World Music Choir; Music in the Classroom
Formerly known as the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, The Royal Conservatoire is Scotland's national centre of professional vocational training in performance arts. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, we provide a range of Short Summer Courses including performing and production arts classes and courses for adults and arts professionals, as well as children and young adults.
We provide learning and training opportunities in the same five disciplines as our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees: Dance, Drama, Music, Production, and Screen. We welcome learners at all levels of experience and are committed to reducing barriers to participation in the arts.
Our summer schools are specialist courses designed and delivered by the Royal Conservatoire’s tutors, lecturers and professors who teach our undergraduate and postgraduate students. We are leading the way as one of Europe’s top conservatoires, offering a rare breadth of artistic disciplines.
Everything we do, as in our RSAMD days, is driven by our desire for excellence. Students flourish thanks to the extraordinary blend of intensive tuition, a rigorous performance schedule, working with professional counterparts in industry, and the space to create with others across the disciplines if they wish. Both students and staff are prolific in creating truly innovative new work.