Keystone International Schools, Istanbul:
Are you searching for an international middle school in Istanbul for your child? Situated in Kucuk Camlica in the central Uskudar district on the Asian side of the city, Keystone International Schools provides quality middle school programs for children (girls and boys) of expat families in a warm, holistic educational environment. English
is the language of instruction in our private K-12 school (offering Pre-K, Elementary, Middle & High School programs, while children learn French as a second language from the age of 4, and continue studying French throughout our intermediate (middle) and high school years.Email: Contact us below
Keystone International Schools is specifically for international students of expat families
. However, parents of children who are Turkish nationals are welcome to contact us here about our sister international school, Kilittaşı Schools in Istanbul, which offers bilingual education programs specifically for children of dual citizenship
(Turkish & other) whose family lives in Turkey or who are moving back to Turkey.
Middle School / Intermediate School (Grades 5, 6, 7 & 8)
Taught entirely through English
• Ontario Curriculum:
KIS adopts the Ontario Curriculum from Canada, which is very highly regarded around the world, and provides a set of clear goals for each grade level combined with project-based learning activities. We run our school based on the standards and requirements imposed by the regulatory bodies in Canada. PISA results show that Canada consistently outranks Australia, the UK, and the USA.
• With the purpose of bridging the gap between primary school years and high school, Keystone International Schools intermediate school classes are small in size, enabling students to receive a greater amount of one-on-one attention.
• The intermediate school curriculum is designed specifically to meet the unique emotional and social needs of young adolescents / teens; encouraging them to broaden their awareness and interests through positive kinds of expression such as the study and writing of poetry, literature and biographies.
• KIS middle school students are encouraged and challenged to question, hypothesize and experiment through hands-on science experiments as well as theorize about the world and life around them. Exciting and motivating activity lessons such as drama, music, art and gym help our students to experience the dynamic interplay of knowledge of self and the world they live in.
• Opportunities to display responsibility and effective group leadership are encouraged. Keystone students importantly gain a sense of heightened intellect and emotional stability before moving up into high school.
• Middle school students also have the opportunity to study French or German as an elective foreign language.
Our central campus in Kucuk Camlica is situated in the Uskudar district, bordered to the north by Beykoz, to the south by Kadikoy, to the southeast by Atasehir, to the east by Umraniye, and to the west by the Bosphorus.