Hua Hsia Chinese School, North London:
Hua Hsia Chinese School offers year-round & summer Mandarin Chinese language courses for children & adults of all levels. Our Chinese language schools are situated in Southgate in Enfield (next to East Barnet), and in Hampstead in the borough of Camden in North Central London (3 minutes from Finchley Road tube station). Both schools are easily accessible by public transport. Hua Hsia Chinese School is organising our annual Chinese Culture Easter Camp in Hampstead (3/4 to 6/4) and Southgate (9/4 to 13/4).
• Mandarin Chinese - A Developing Worldwide Language
Chinese is definitely the language for you or your child today. With the largest population and the fastest growing economy, knowledge of Mandarin Chinese will be an invaluable asset to you or your children’s career. Mandarin Chinese is currently being taught in many primary and secondary schools as a compulsory course and a GCSE, so now is the time to get learning!
• Qualified & Experienced Teachers
We have a team of dedicated and highly skilled teachers who speak Mandarin as a first language.
• Outstanding Exam Results
Our students have obtained excellent results from their Chinese GCSE Exams, we have had a 100% success rate with our students maintaining A* grades in the past few years.
• International Environment
The school is a vibrant and diverse community; we have bright and well-motivated students, taught by highly qualified, committed staff. In partnership with parents, we try to provide every student with academic, cultural and spiritual resources.
• Putting Students First
Hua Hsia is a place where our students matter, a supportive, nurturing environment that aims to encourage every student. We aim to achieve the highest standards in everything we do. We believe that Chinese language and culture can be fun and easy to learn.
• We know it is tough to learn Chinese with thousands of characters and five different tones. Our unique and innovative teaching method cleverly combines computing power and multimedia technology to make learning Mandarin Chinese an enjoyable, easy, and effective learning experience.
• We aim to help beginners develop their communicative competence in the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, while gaining an appreciation of the Chinese culture.
• Our computer-aided courseware gives students access to audio, visual, and textual information about Mandarin Chinese all at once. Chinese typing is systematically integrated into our e-learning program to facilitate the acquisition and retention of new vocabulary. It helps to improve word recognition, listening and pronunciation.
• Most parents say their children enjoy learning Chinese and are willing to study on their own initiative after using our computer-aided courseware.
• We are an Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills) registered and accredited school, so you can be assured of the quality of our teaching and course materials.
• NRCSE Gold Award: Hua Hsia Chinese School achieved the Gold Award in the ‘Quality Framework for Supplementary Schools’ by the National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education.
• We are a registered Asset Languages Centre. This ensures our qualifications are accredited and our students’ achievements are recognised.
We are proud of achieving these high standards and continue to improve our quality of teaching. We provide a safe and positive learning environment for our students.
• Nursery Chinese Classes (For kids aged 3-5 years)
• Foundation Chinese Classes (aged 4-5)
• Year 1 Chinese Classes (aged 5-6)
• Year 2 & 3 Chinese Classes (aged 6-8)
• Year 4 Chinese Classes (aged 8-10)
• Year 5 & 6 Chinese Classes (aged 10-11)
• Pre-GCSE Chinese Classes (aged 11-12)
• 5-day Chinese Easter Camps
• Chinese Summer Camps (Age 3+/ weekdays)
• GCSE & Cambridge Pre-University Classes
• Special Abacus Chinese Math Classes
• Chinese Cultural Workshops
• Adult Chinese Classes (Beginner to Advanced)
• Private Chinese classes for adults & children
• SUKA Mandarin Programme (for Singaporean citizens and children of Singaporeans)
• “I would like to say a big Thank You to Hua Hsia Chinese School for teaching my daughter Persephone YouLin from the age of 2 in the Nursery class to taking her GCSE last summer, and achieving her A* in Chinese.
As a non-Chinese speaking family, all tribute goes to her and the school, in particular, Katja and all her teachers throughout the 12 years she’s been at the school. She’s had great fun at the school participating in all the many activities arranged by the school and the Friends of Hua Hsia over the years. I’m glad to say Persephone has decided to carry on with her Chinese studies this year. Thank you and Well Done Hua Hsia!”
• “When I was told about the grade my daughter Monica has gained in her AS Chinese exam, I was elated. Although the teacher Senji has predicted she will get grade A, I was not entirely convinced for the Chinese examination is not easy, especially for children who are brought up in non-Chinese speaking environments. I would like to thank Senji for her patience in teaching Monica and also believing in her.
Monica has been with the school since Nursery until now where she is studying for her Chinese A Level. She has enjoyed the lessons in the past and still enjoys learning Chinese...The teachers in Hua Hsia Chinese School are dedicated and committed in teaching the children to learn the beautiful but rather difficult language.
The children here learn to read and write Chinese, at the same time being taught about the Chinese culture. I am grateful to Katja and all the teachers for their dedication, commitment and hard work. Keep up the good work!”
• ”We are all delighted with Anna’s A grade in her Chinese GCSE. Learning Chinese with Hua Hsia Chinese School has been such a positive experience for Anna.
She has loved going for her weekly lessons and the staff always made such an effort to help her in her studies, particularly during the GCSE years. We don’t speak Chinese so it was always reassuring to know that she was in good hands!”
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Holy Trinity CE Primary School, Trinity Walk, Hampstead, London, England NW3 5SQ, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.