Keystone International Schools, Istanbul:
Are you searching for an established international primary / elementary school in Istanbul? Offering elementary grades 1 to 4 at our schools in Kucuk Camlica in the central Uskudar district and in Dragos in the Kartal district, Keystone International Schools (KIS) was founded with the aim of providing a warm, English-speaking
, holistic educational environment. KIS adopts the Ontario Curriculum from Canada
, which is very highly regarded around the world, and provides a set of clear goals for each grade level combined with project-based learning activities. KIS primary school students also have the attractive opportunity to learn French as a foreign language.Email: Contact us below
• Keystone International Schools is specifically for international children of expat families
. Parents of children who are Turkish nationals are welcome to contact us here about our sister international school, Kilittaşı Schools in Istanbul, which offers bilingual education programs specifically for children of dual citizenship
(Turkish & other) whose family lives in Turkey or who are moving back to Turkey.
KIS Elementary / Primary School (Grades 1, 2, 3 & 4)
Taught entirely through English
• Keystone International Schools understand the importance of creating a holistic environment for children to learn, explore and discover in the world around them. The goals of elementary education is to encourage and support students to
- express themselves through the arts
- use the listening, viewing, speaking, reading, and writing modes of language, as well as scientific and mathematical concepts and symbols to think, learn, and communicate effectively
- use the strategies and thinking processes needed to solve a wide variety of problems, including those requiring language, mathematics and science
- use a variety of technologies, demonstrate an understanding of tech applications, and apply technology for problem solving
- access social, cultural, economic, and environmental interdependence in a local & global context
- continue to learn and to pursue an active, healthy lifestyle
• In the primary grades, the teachers brings lessons alive through absorbing activities and vivid characterizations that heighten the child's interest and curiosity, and engage the child intellectually and emotionally.
• Elementary students engage in group discussion and reading as well as learn about the world around them in Social Studies and Science. They enhance their listening and speaking skills through working on group projects. Math skills are engaged and challenged with word problems, and they come to understand that Mathematics really is part of their everyday lives.
• Throughout elementary school, KIS students develop a love for knowledge and learning, and gain confidence to face the new challenges awaiting them in Middle School years.