Reach Cambridge - Academic Camps in UK & Online:
Reach Cambridge offers UK and international high school students, ages 14 to 18, the opportunity to gain an invaluable academic experience through a 2 or 4-week summer boarding program in one of the top educational facilities in the world. Located just 60 miles north of London, students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, Reach Hall. Contact us to learn about our unique and academically-rigorous residential courses, & our online tutoring for 13 to 24 year olds.
• Our challenging & vibrant spring and summer courses for secondary school students of ages 14-18 years old are designed to provide unique introductions to your favourite academic subjects at University level.
• As well as an unrivalled academic environment, students experience British culture in the stimulating and distinguished surroundings of the University City of Cambridge in the south-east of England.
• Uniquely, Reach Cambridge combines classes, lectures and workshops – often led by top academics from leading institutions including Cambridge, Oxford and London universities – with a varied programme of exciting activities and excursions across Britain.
• We offer an in-depth course of study in the students chosen subject supplemented by excursions to places of cultural interest; in the past these have included London, Stratford-upon-Avon, Brighton and Oxford!
• In addition to this rich academic and cultural experience, our supervisory staff ensure that students are entertained with a wide range of activities; sports and arts sessions, film nights and talent shows. In their free time, students are free to explore the beautiful and tranquil environment of Cambridge.
• Ease of Access: For students already living in the UK, Cambridge has great transport links to London and the rest of the country (Parents thinking of travelling with their child / to visit our school to meet us in person are welcome. Covid-19 protocols will be in place).
• Our academically rigorous summer programs offer highly-trained supervisors and teaching staff drawn from top UK Universities.
• We guarantee a summer school program that is run by professionals who truly care about your child's safety, education and enjoyment. Course features include:
• Students choose one of a variety of courses. Each course is specially designed to complement high school studies, whilst also offering a glimpse of University-style learning.
• Evening Lecture & Workshop Series: Led by world-class academics and professionals, including an introduction to ‘University Life’ with current Cambridge students.
• Activities: A wide variety of fun, inclusive sports in the College’s extensive grounds, creative/artistic classes, drama, social activities and free time to explore Cambridge.
• Accommodation in a Cambridge University college or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’ and half-board meals, including the chance to eat in the prestigious College Dining Halls.
• Local Excursions: There are numerous local Excursions to sites around Cambridge, such as the museums on offer.
• Excursions to places of cultural interest: You have loads of fun, with brilliant activities and trips to the most famous places in the UK, in the past these have included London, Oxford, Brighton and Shakespeare’s birthplace Stratford-upon-Avon.
• Theatre: Theatre trips are also offered. Past trips have included plays at the Globe Theatre in London, and the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reach Cambridge combines all of these features in the prestigious and safe surroundings of Cambridge.
• Summer Programs 2021 (2 & 4 week programs in July and August)
Architecture; Biotechnology; Business Management & Economics; Computer Science; Engineering; English Language (ESOL) & Leadership for International Students; English Literature & Creative Writing; Global Leadership; Journalism & Media; Law; Liberal Arts; Mathematics; Medicine & Life Sciences; Physics & Astronomy; Politics & International Relations; Psychology; STEM (science, technology, engineering & mathematics); SAT Preparation.
• Summer Program Taster Courses: Community Outreach; Creative Writing; History; Introduction to Architecture; Introduction to Robotics, Introduction to Coding, Music Composition; Pre-Hospital and Emergency Medicine; Young Leaders Program. Single Room Guarantee also available.
• Online Pre-University Courses Year-Round via Zoom
- 100% Live Tuition, Flexible Learning, Certificate & Graduation.
- Weekday, weekend and evening tuition available.
- Courses available in 10, 20 or 40 hour bundles.
- Private one-to-one expert tutoring for students globally via live Zoom video.
- Group learning also available.
Online Subjects: Architecture, Biotechnology, Business Management, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Economics, Engineering, Journalism & Media, English Language (ESOL) & Leadership, English Literature, Law, Mathematics, Medicine & Life Sciences, Physics, Politics & International Relations, Psychology, SAT Preparation, Sustainability, STEM;
with Optional Enrichment Classes (Leadership Skills, Study Skills).
If you cannot find your ideal / preferred subject, you can design your own course! Speak to our experienced advisers to find out more.
• "The Reach Cambridge staff made it easy for us to make new friends, they sincerely care for every student here."
Reach Cambridge Student
• "I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend my holidays. I have learnt so much not only about Law, but also about myself."
Rachel, Law Student
• "Reach Cambridge is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I loved everything about my experience here. The people that I met, the things that I learnt, were incredible, and I wouldn’t change it for the world."
Liliana, Biotechnology Student
• "The Reach Cambridge programme provides a unique learning experience with small classes, great excursions and a taste of University life. It is one of the greatest summer programmes available."
Reach Cambridge Student
• "Reach Cambridge was one of the best experiences of my life. I hope to come back someday."
Sirine, SAT Preparation Student
• "Overall, the course was awesome and I really enjoyed it. We have three great teachers. Each teacher has a unique teaching style and we get to experience different types of classes."
Reach Cambridge Student
• "Every lesson was filled with activities that allowed us to experience first-hand what life as a medical student would be like."
Gabriel, Life Sciences & Medicine Student
• "I had exceptionally high expectations for the Reach Cambridge Course, and I happy to report they were all reached and surpassed. The University is absolutely beautiful, the staff is incredible, and the experience was perfectly unique.'
Reach Cambridge Student
• "This is the best summer program I have ever seen. The range of experiences could never be achieved in a classroom. The students were able to experience, first hand, history, culture and fun in a supervised situation."
Reach Cambridge Teacher
All students reside in one of the colleges that make up the University of Cambridge, or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
Students are accommodated in all-girl or all-boy dormitories of single or shared rooms, and rooms are generally arranged in a corridor style with around 8-12 students on each corridor.
Students are grouped on their corridors with others of the same gender and a similar age, but a diverse mixture of courses and nationalities, allowing them to make friends from across the world!
A Reach Cambridge supervisor is resident on each corridor in case of emergencies and to give support to the students 24 hours a day.
Students stay in single or shared rooms, with shared bathroom facilities and the chance to eat in the college dining halls.
You may opt for our Single Room Guarantee if you wish to be sure of getting a single room and having your own space.
Specific Contact Pages: - Biotechnology
- Business Management & Economics
- Computer Science
- English & Leadership
- Maths Camp
- Life Sciences/ Medicine
- Physics & Astronomy
- Journalism and Media
- English Literature
- Psychology Camp
- SAT Preparation
- Law Course
- Politics and International Relations
- Physics / Engineering
- Performing Arts
- Spring Courses
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.