Reach Cambridge - Academic Camps:
Reach Cambridge offers UK and international high school students, ages 14-18, the opportunity to gain an invaluable academic experience through a 2 or 3-week spring or summer program in one of the top educational facilities in the world. We provide unique and academically-rigorous residential courses for students. Located just 50 miles north of London, students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Uniquely, Reach Cambridge combines classes, lectures and workshops – often led by Cambridge academics – with a varied programme of exciting activities and excursions across Britain.
• We offer an in-depth course of study in the students chosen subject supplemented by excursions to places of cultural interest; in the past these have included London, Stratford-upon-Avon, Brighton and Oxford!
• In addition to this rich academic and cultural experience, our supervisory staff ensure that students are entertained with a wide range of activities; sports and arts sessions, film nights and talent shows. In their free time, students are free to explore the beautiful and tranquil environment of Cambridge.
Our academically rigorous summer programs offer highly-trained supervisors and teaching staff drawn from the University.
We guarantee a summer school program that is run by professionals who truly care about your child's safety, education and enjoyment. Course features include:
• Accommodation in a Cambridge University college or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’ and half-board meals, including the chance to eat in the prestigious College Dining Halls.
• Students choose one of a variety of courses. Each course is specially designed to complement high school studies, whilst also offering a glimpse of University-style learning.
• Lecture Series: ‘International Social Responsibility’ by world-class Cambridge University academics.
• Workshop Series: ‘University Life’ with Cambridge students.
• Activities: Sport in the College’s extensive grounds, creative/artistic classes, drama, social activities and free time to explore Cambridge.
• Local Excursions: There are numerous local Excursions to sites around Cambridge, such as the museums on offer.
• Excursions to places of cultural interest: You have loads of fun, with brilliant activities and trips to the most famous places in the UK, in the past these have included London, Oxford, Brighton and Shakespeare’s birthplace Stratford-upon-Avon.
• Theatre: Theatre trips are also be offered. Past trips have included plays at the Globe Theatre in London, and the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reach Cambridge combines all of these features in the prestigious and safe surroundings of Cambridge.
• Spring (April 2018) Programs
Medical Sciences & Chemistry; Politics; Physics & Engineering; Law; Economics & Business Management; Computer Science & Maths; Psychology; Biotechnology; English Literature
• Summer Programs (2-3 weeks)
Biotechnology; Business Management & Economics; Computer Science & Maths; Drama & Performance; Engineering; English as a Second Language; English Literature; English & Performing Arts; ENG4U Grade 12 English (Canadian Credit Course); Journalism & Media; Law; Mathematics; Medicine & Life Sciences; Physics & Astronomy; Physics & Engineering; Politics & International Relations; Psychology; SAT Preparation.
• Summer Program Add-Ons:
Community Outreach; Creative Writing; Introduction to Architecture; Pre-Hospital and Emergency Medicine; Single Room Guarantee; University Advance; Young Leaders Program.
• "The Reach Cambridge staff made it easy for us to make new friends, they sincerely care for every student here."
Reach Cambridge Student
• "I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend my holidays. I have learnt so much not only about Law, but also about myself."
Rachel, Law Student
• "The Reach Cambridge programme provides a unique learning experience with small classes, great excursions and a taste of University life. It is one of the greatest summer programmes available."
Reach Cambridge Student
• "Reach Cambridge was one of the best experiences of my life. I hope to come back someday."
Sirine, SAT Preparation Student
• "Overall, the course was awesome and I really enjoyed it. We have three great teachers. Each teacher has a unique teaching style and we get to experience different types of classes."
Reach Cambridge Student
• "Every lesson was filled with activities that allowed us to experience first-hand what life as a medical student would be like."
Gabriel, Life Sciences & Medicine Student
• "I had exceptionally high expectations for the Reach Cambridge Course, and I happy to report they were all reached and surpassed. The University is absolutely beautiful, the staff is incredible, and the experience was perfectly unique.'
Reach Cambridge Student
• "This is the best summer program I have ever seen. The range of experiences could never be achieved in a classroom. The students were able to experience, first hand, history, culture and fun in a supervised situation."
Reach Cambridge Teacher
All students reside in one of the colleges that make up the University of Cambridge, or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
Students are accommodated in all-girl or all-boy dormitories of single or shared rooms, and rooms are generally arranged in a corridor style with around 8-12 students on each corridor.
Students are grouped on their corridors with others of the same gender and a similar age, but a diverse mixture of courses and nationalities, allowing them to make friends from across the world!
A Reach Cambridge supervisor is resident on each corridor in case of emergencies and to give support to the students 24 hours a day.
Students stay in single, twin or triple rooms, with shared bathroom facilities and the chance to eat in the college dining halls.
All the rooms are modern, well-heated, bright and airy, and every room has a wardrobe, a desk and plenty of drawer space.
You may opt for our Single Room Guarantee if you wish to be sure of getting a single room and having your own space.
Specific Contact Pages: - Spring Courses
- Journalism and Media
- English Literature
- English Course
- Business Management & Economics
- Drama & Performance
- Computer Science & Maths
- Maths Camp
- Physics & Astronomy
- Physics / Engineering
- Life Sciences/ Medicine
- Psychology Camp
- SAT Preparation
- English & Performing Arts
- Law Course
- Politics and International Relations
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.