Articulate Language Camps, Scotland:
Immerse your young child or teenager in a second language environment while experiencing the stunning countryside of Scotland in summer 2020. Located in central Scotland, Articulate Language Camps provides two residential, language learning summer camps with adventure sports and outdoor activities for students aged 6-17. Students can choose from English, French, Spanish, German or Italian immersion courses. Our 'Launch Camp' is a 2 or 4-day programme for children aged 6-11, and our 'International Camp' is an 11-day camp for UK & international students aged 12-17. We also offer Language Learning + Adventure Programmes during the academic school year for 2-7 days (Residential Camps for groups of primary & secondary school students).
• Founded by Kara and Thomas Reichhart, Articulate Language Camps is an exciting, award-winning foreign language school based in the heart of Scotland in the UK.
• We use digital media projects, team building activities and adventure sports to bring language learning to life!
Why Choose Articulate Language Camps?
• Enthusiasm & Commitment
Our enthusiasm, commitment and love for languages is evident in all of our camps. We whole-heartedly believe that language learning is easier when it’s meaningful and fun!
• Unique Teaching Methods
We teach languages outside of a conventional classroom. Articulate uses a project-based approach to teaching, and we love to take learning into the great outdoors.
• Small Class Sizes
We believe in high-quality, personalised tuition and care. All of our camp sessions are small with no more than 22 campers to make sure that everyone feels included, valued and has a very personalised language learning experience.
• A Unique Language Learning Experience!
What makes our International Camp completely unique and different from other camps is that our students actually work together with the young native speakers of the language they are studying. For example, English-speaking campers learning French work on projects with the French campers learning English. This is what makes our summer language school one of the most meaningful, authentic language learning experiences in the UK.
• Our motto is ‘Learn, Laugh, Live’ as our camps give children and young people the chance to learn a foreign language, laugh with friends and as a result, live in a world that is just a little smaller. We believe in connecting young minds and creating international friendships which will last a lifetime.
• Our team of native and qualified teachers love to make language learning fun and meaningful by teaching through immersion that encourages true communication, and working on meaningful projects with our campers.
Residential Language Learning Camps in Scotland:
• In Summer (for individual students & groups) and during the Academic School Year (for primary & secondary school groups).
• Participants learn English, French, Spanish, German, or Italian.
• 2 or 4 day summer camp for children aged 6-11 (British & international students)
• Based at Lapwing Lodge, near Glasgow
• Learn through digital media projects and outdoor sport.
• Includes language learning projects and activities such as raft building, climbing and film-making.
• 11-day residential summer camp for UK & international students aged 12-17
• Based in the Dolphin House, located at the grounds of the Culzean Castle and Country park and within one-hour from Glasgow.
• A whole range of activities available including digital media projects like film-making and animation, and outdoor adventure activities such as kayaking and caving.
Articulate Programmes for Schools / Academic Year Residential Camps:
• For British & international students: We also offer Language Learning + Adventure Programmes for 2-7 days during the academic school year (Boarding camps for groups of primary & secondary school students).
• “My son is still keeping in touch with his friends from abroad. He has grown and grown up from having this experience and I would recommend Articulate Language Camps to other parents.”
- Murray, James' Dad
• "It was the first time that Finlay had been away from us so I was apprehensive, but it is safe to say it was a huge success. You gave the children a fantastic experience, and Finlay has a new-found confidence in herself. She is very keen to learn more French, and is already talking about the next time."
- Mum of Finlay (8)
• “The staff are friendly, cheerful and very organised. I loved the activities like capture the flag, crate building, the water fight and the team-building. I would recommend camp to all my friends.”
- Lily, 17
• “Camp was so much better than I thought. It wasn‘t at all what I expected! The food was great, better than my mum’s!”
- Stuart, 14
• “It was so much fun. It should never end. I had a great time here and it’s not easy to go.”
- Sonia, 14
• “The mentors are really really really nice and I would like to see them again.”
- Abigail, 9
• “It’s the best place in the world and I wish it was my home.”
- Matthew, 7
• Our 2020 International Camp for older children aged 12-17 takes place at The Dolphin House on the grounds of Culzean Castle in South Ayrshire. The bunkhouse, a wooden chalet built in the style of an American summer camp cabin and our activity building are located directly on the Scottish coast. It is a stunning natural setting, including 565 acres of woodland, and our camp’s own private beach.
• We have private minibuses throughout the camp to allow us to quickly and comfortably explore the region.
• Glasgow, Glasgow Prestwick, and Edinburgh are the closest airports to fly to and our team will be pleased to arrange your transfers from/to the airport for a small additional fee. Transfers from/to train stations can be arranged prior to summer camp too.
• Our Launch Camp for younger children aged 6-11 is located at Lapwing Lodges near Glasgow in the middle of the stunning Scottish countryside. Lapwing Lodges, a Scout centre with amazing outdoor adventure facilities, offers an on-site lake, high-ropes course and climbing wall.
• Launch Camp participants are mainly children from the UK, and bedrooms sleep four campers, with shared toilet and shower facilities. There is also an excellent indoor sports hall when the weather is bad and amazing forests and campfire circles on the camp grounds.
• A huge part of coming to camp in Scotland is experiencing the country. That’s why we have two excursions where our foreign campers can discover something new and our British campers can act as experienced tour guides for their new friends.
• We spend one full day in an exciting Scottish city where campers take part in cultural and structured activities as well as having some independence and opportunities to shop for souvenirs and explore the city.
• Last year, we visited Glasgow and experienced the city chambers, international markets and the iconic Buchanan Street for some shopping. Our city excursion is always a great day out and is often a highlight of the camp. This year’s excursions will most definitely also include a visit to a beautiful Scottish island and a new city.
• Afternoon excursions gives campers the chance to see the beautiful Scottish countryside. This year’s excursions will most definitely include a visit to a beautiful Scottish island.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Marathon House, Olympic Park, Drybridge Road, Dundonald, Scotland, Scotland KA2 9BE, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.