Spring Street International School:
Spring Street International School, located in Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, Washington, is a private, non-profit, coeducational, college preparatory day school offering grades 6 - 12. Spring Street International School opened in the fall of 1995 to provide a rigorous academic program, tuned to the individual skill levels and interests of students. As an independent school, the school, its teachers and administrators, are accountable directly to its students and parents. It is free to select its own goals, curricula, teachers and students in the pursuit of excellence in education.
Spring Street International School is a specialized center of learning, blending rigorous academics, a family-oriented setting and experiential education. Started in 1995 in response to fervent community interest, Spring Street International has blossomed into a vital asset to its community as an educational choice tuned to individual development and growth.
Middle School (Grades 6, 7 & 8):
Middle School Students normally follow the programs outlined below:
- Language Arts – separated by skill level into Language Arts I and Language Arts II
- History – students will participate in a three year rotation of Ancient Civilizations, Western Civilizations, and US History and Washington State History
- Mathematics: 6, Pre-Algebra, Algebra
- Art or Music
- Latin/Beginning Spanish/ Spanish I
High School (Grades 9 - 12):
In order to graduate from Spring Street International School, students must earn the required number of credits in each area during their high school years. In some cases, these required classes may be taken during the 8th grade year. In rare cases, a 7th grade student may take the Algebra I class for HS credit. One credit is equivalent to a year-long course.
Subject Area Credits Required (minimum):
- English 4 (one class must be taken each year at the High School level)
- Mathematics 3 or 4* (must include Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. Pre-Calculus is strongly recommended for college-bound students)
- Science 3 or 4* (2 of which must be a laboratory science).
*Students must complete a minimum of 7 credits in the Mathematics and Science categories. At least 3 credits must be in one of the two categories (e.g. 3 math/4 science classes)
- Social Studies 4 (must include US History or Government, World History or Geography, and ½ credit in Washington State History; WA History requirement is normally completed in middle school.
- Foreign Language 3 (at least 2 of which must be in the same language)
- Physical Education 2
- The Arts 1
- Occupational Education 1
- Electives 1
- Senior Project: No credit, but must be approved and completed
Total required 24 (minimum)
High School Students may opt to take certain AP classes at Friday Harbor High School if they are not offered at Spring Street School. Students may also petition the faculty to pursue Independent Study in certain fields. Faculty review, approval and oversight are required. Courses for credit may also be taken at Skagit College through the Running Start Program.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 505 Spring Street, Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, Washington , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.