International House Johannesburg - Language Lab:
Do you want to start a new career as an English language teacher? Or do you want to improve your career prospects in your current role? Situated in Braamfontein, a central suburb of Johannesburg, International House Johannesburg - Language Lab provides the internationally-recognised Cambridge University-affiliated CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) and DELTA (Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) English teaching certificates to those who want to teach English as a foreign language.
• IH Johannesburg is part of the London-based International House World Organisation (IHWO). IHWO helped to create the standards for teacher training in language education, and continues to do so.
• Since 1994, International House has been committed to continuing teacher development. We have been at the cutting edge of course design in teacher training programmes and, as a result, our teachers are well known for their creativity and professionalism.
• All IH Johannesburg teachers have the CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) awarded by Cambridge University.
• Many are also DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) qualified. Most of our teachers have taught overseas and have experience with students from many different cultural backgrounds.
Our English teachers are:
- Committed, enthusiastic and motivated
- Highly qualified in English Language Teaching
- Experienced in teaching in many different parts of the world
4-Week CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Course:
• Recognised by EFL (English as a Foreign Language) organisations worldwide, the CELTA certificate is the most highly respected of its kind in the world.
• It is an introductory teacher training course designed for candidates with little or no previous teaching experience. It is also suitable for teachers who have teaching experience, but who have had little or no formal teacher training.
• This is a 4-week / 120 hour course that provides candidates with a sound basis in the fundamentals of language teaching practice, with hands on classroom teaching experience and the observation of qualified teachers.
• IH Johannesburg’s teacher training department runs the CELTA English teaching programme and ensures entry into a good teaching position in countries such as China, Brazil, Spain and Korea.
• CELTA Course Applicant Profile: Students should have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to follow the CELTA course and complete the class assignments and to teach English at a range of levels. They should normally have a standard of education that would allow them entry to College / Higher Education in their country.
DELTA (Cambridge Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) Course:
• DELTA is a flexible modular qualification designed for experienced English language teachers to progress further in their careers. DELTA consists of three independent modules.
• Ideal for those wanting to update their teaching knowledge and improve their practice, DELTA can be taken at any stage in a teacher’s career.
• "CELTA was definitely one of the most fulfilling experiences I've ever had. The combination of theory and practice made me fully equipped to teach English straight after the course.
It's amazing how much you can learn in such a short period of time. It was lots of hard work, but mostly lots of fun!"
• "CELTA changed my life! I had taught language before but I always felt a bit unsure of what I was doing – not since CELTA! The course was interesting, challenging (in a good way) and the trainers were very experienced and professional.
I really learned a lot from it and I wouldn't change my experience for the world! I would recommend the course to anyone, especially to someone who is in any way interested in language and/or teaching. The world will be at your feet!"
Specific Contact Pages: - DELTA Course
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 54 De Korte Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.