International House Johannesburg - Language Lab:
Do you want to start a new career as an English language teacher? Or do you want to improve your career prospects in your current role? Situated in Braamfontein, a central suburb of Johannesburg, International House Johannesburg - Language Lab provides the internationally-recognised Cambridge University-affiliated CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) and DELTA (Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) English teaching certificates to those who want to teach English as a foreign language.
English Language Teacher Training Courses:
4-Week CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Course:
• This is a 4-week/ 120 hour course that provides candidates with a sound basis in the fundamentals of language teaching practice, with hands on classroom teaching experience and the observation of qualified teachers.
• Awarded by the University of Cambridge, this is a full-time initial qualification and introductory teacher training course designed for candidates with little or no previous English teaching experience.
• It is also suitable for teachers who have teaching experience, but who have had little or no formal teacher training.
• Recognised by EFL (English as a Foreign Language) organisations worldwide, the CELTA certificate is the most highly respected of its kind in the world.
• The CELTA is awarded to candidates who have completed the course and met the assessment criteria for all written and practical assignments.
• As the course is full-time and very intensive, it is impossible to have any other commitments during the period of the course. Candidates will find they have to work most evenings and at weekends on course-related work.
By the end of the CELTA course, candidates should show that they are able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge about language skills and how they may be acquired
• Demonstrate language knowledge and awareness and appropriate teaching strategies
• Assess learners’ needs and plan and teach English lessons which take account of learners’ backgrounds, learning preferences and current needs
• Plan and prepare lessons designed to develop their learners’ overall language competence
• Demonstrate an appropriate range of English language teaching skills at this level and show professional awareness and responsibility
• Supervised lesson planning
• Tutorial support and consultation
• Six hours directed observation of live lessons taught by experienced ELT teacher training professionals
• Six hours assessed TEFL teaching practice
• Peer observation of TEFL teaching practice
• A minimum of 80 hours of unsupervised work outside of timetabled course hours is also required
• candidates must be present for at least 80% of each component of the course in order to pass, although 100% attendance is expected, and time off is granted in exceptional circumstances only.
DELTA (Cambridge Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) Course:
• DELTA is a flexible modular qualification designed for experienced English language teachers to progress further in their careers.
• Ideal for those wanting to update their teaching knowledge and improve their practice, DELTA can be taken at any stage in a teacher’s career.
DELTA consists of three independent modules:
- Module One: Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching
- Module Two: Developing Professional Practice
- Module Three: Option 1: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism OR Option 2: English Language Teaching Management
International House Johannesburg – Language Lab is a registered Cambridge ESOL centre for Module 1 and Module 3.
We have an experienced tutor on-site who may be available to supervise DELTA Module 2 upon request.
Specific Contact Pages: - DELTA Course
|Address: 54 De Korte Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2022 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.