The BSN Language Centre, The Hague:
Located in The Hague, in the west of The Netherlands, The BSN Language Centre is the unique and dedicated language teaching wing of The British School in The Netherlands. We currently offer CELTA English teacher training courses twice per year, as well as an introductory TEFL training course in the summer.
The BSN Language Centre provides a first-class international teacher training education to students of all nationalities, delivering the best from British education values and traditions.
The BSN Language Centre is an approved provider of the Cambridge CELTA, and is one of only three accredited centres in The Netherlands which offer the CELTA teacher training course.
What is Cambridge CELTA?
• CELTA stands for Certificate in English language teaching to speakers of other languages.
• CELTA is the most highly-regarded and widely-recognised qualification for new English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers. Employers around the world ask for CELTA. It's the practical English language teaching qualification that gives you the essential knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and classroom confidence to qualify as a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL).
• Thousands of people each year choose CELTA to open up a whole world of exciting English language teaching opportunities. It is awarded by Cambridge English which is part of the University of Cambridge.
• CELTA is great for recent graduates, people who are changing career, or teachers who want to gain a formal qualification.
• The CELTA is designed for people who have little or no previous experience of teaching English. In addition, it is a very useful course for English language teachers who have been teaching for some years in different contexts, or with few or no formal qualifications.
• The main focus of the course is on the basic techniques of English language teaching and their practical application in the classroom. You get hands-on teaching practice and observation of experienced teachers, applying your learning in the classroom with English language learners.
• The CELTA course gives you the essential skills and knowledge you need to teach English to adults and older teenagers.
The course staffing and facilities at The BSN Language Centre are approved and recognised by Cambridge English Language Assessment.
English Teacher Training Programmes:
The main focus of the course is on the basic techniques of English language teaching and their practical application in the classroom.
- Part-time, face-to-face CELTA course offered twice per year in September and March
-1 week introductory TEFL course in the summer
Students teach English for a total of 6 hours, working with classes at two different levels of ability. Assessment is based on your overall performance at the end of the course.
• "I chose the CELTA certificate because it is one of the most well-respected EFL/ESL teaching qualifications, and it allows me to teach anywhere. I specifically selected the BSN Language Centre because the tutors have a wealth of experience. While studying here, I immediately recognised the collaborative atmosphere among the teachers, which I sought for my own work environment."
• "I chose the British School because I studied here last year. I find the course interesting and dynamic, I’m really enjoying it. The teacher is always busy with us. She gives activities, she gives extra exercises. I like it!"
• "I chose the British School because it was recommended by my friend. She told me she had been happy with the whole course and they have a lot of resources, media and good teachers. Also it is important it’s fees aren’t specially expensive compared with other offers in The Hague."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Vrouw Avenweg 640, The Hague, Netherlands|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.