Australian International College of Language, Gold Coast, Queensland:
• Study for the Cambridge FCE (B2 First) or CAE exam in Australia with The Australian International College of Language (AICOL), a government-accredited English school located in Queensland in north-eastern Australia. Email: Contact us below
• Established in 1993, we are the oldest English language school in the city of Gold Coast (Australia’s sixth largest city located an hour’s flight north of Sydney). Our school is situated in Southport, an attractive suburb of Gold Coast, facing the Broadwater and the Pacific Ocean.
• We welcome global students year-round to our accredited English language courses year-round, as well as summer and winter study tour camps for international students of all ages and abilities.
AICOL Cambridge Exam Preparation Courses:
The minimum age for both the FCE and the CAE is 16 years. Both courses are 12 weeks in duration.
Why do a Cambridge Certificate course?
• Cambridge Certificate courses are designed for international students who want to set themselves a personal goal and achieve an internationally recognised Certificate in English language ability.
• The FCE / B2 First exam is recognised in most countries as the benchmark test for demonstrating a student’s English language level. There is a strong emphasis on new vocabulary and grammar and their use in various contexts.
• Once you pass the Cambridge FCE test, it is recognised by industry and in English speaking and international universities for your lifetime.
What is a Cambridge FCE / B2 First?
B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English: First and the First Certificate in English (FCE), is an English language examination provided by Cambridge Assessment English, a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge in the UK.
The B2 First / Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) is a Certificate qualification for students who need to demonstrate that they can use written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level
in everyday life, in the workplace or at college or university.
B2 First shows that learners have the language skills needed to communicate confidently in an English-speaking environment. It is equivalent to Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Level B2 indicates that the student:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Why do the Cambridge FCE at AICOL?
• AICOL is a long-established and well-respected English language college which does not compromise on the quality of its teaching standards.
• AICOL’s teachers are all highly qualified and experienced in delivering lessons at the level required by Cambridge.
• As a Cambridge IELTS pre-test centre AICOL has many years’ experience in working within the Cambridge examination framework.
• AICOL provides the total package for students. We understand that English study is not just about face-to-face classroom learning, but necessitates a whole-of-life approach including good living arrangements and an active social life where the English learned in the classroom can be put into practise.
• AICOL’s flexible format allows you to start any Monday throughout the year.
• If you wish to take the exam, please see our preferred course intake dates to maximise your chances of passing the test.
Your learning outcomes are directly linked to the official Cambridge test skills, and are as follows:
• Improve your reading skills to better understand written texts on general topics.
• Produce a range of texts, including letters, emails, articles, reviews, reports and essays.
• Improve your listening skills across a range of situations from short monologues to multi-person conversations between native speakers.
• Learn to speak with greater control and accuracy, and develop your pronunciation and intonation.
• Learn to use more complex sentences. In higher levels, you will learn to better manipulate grammar structures and vocabulary.
• The approximate exit level equivalency for Cambridge FCE is IELTS 5.0
• The FCE course comprises 20 hours of intensive face-to-face English classes plus 3 hours of supervised General Independent Study (GIS)
• The standard Cambridge FCE Grammar text is used.
Please contact us for the exact dates for CAE exams in 2024.