Australian International College of Language, Gold Coast, Queensland:
AICOL English school is going strong and looking forward to a great year again in 2024! Delivering full-time, face-to-face classes in Queensland to students from around the world, the Australian International College of Language (AICOL) is a government-accredited English language school located on the Gold Coast in north-east Australia. Our range of short-term & long-term courses include General English courses for adults & children, 12-week Cambridge FCE (B2 First) and CAE (C1 Advanced) exam preparation, IELTS test preparation courses, English for Academic Purposes, English Study Tours, English for High School Prep, English for Parent & Child, English Winter & Summer camps for children, teenagers, parents.
• Established in 1993, we are the oldest English language school in Gold Coast. Our school is located in Southport, a suburb of the city of Gold Coast (Australia’s sixth largest city located an hour’s flight north of Sydney), facing the Broadwater and the Pacific Ocean in Queensland in north-eastern Australia.
• Australian International College of Language offers accredited English language courses year-round, as well as summer and winter study tour camps for international students from around the world of all ages and abilities.
• Indeed, on some occasions we have had whole generations (grandparents, parents, and children all from the one family) studying with us at the same time.
• Our maximum number of students per class is 15, with an average of 12. All rooms have natural lighting and are air-conditioned.
• With a total of 18 classrooms, 4 student kitchens, 3 common areas, and an open feel with natural lighting and air-conditioning, AICOL provides an excellent and comfortable learning environment.
• Our teachers are all qualified ESL teachers, with many years of experience.
• Our Principals Jan and Garth Keppie have been owners since establishment in 1993.
• Our wide range of English courses include CRICOS registered courses for student visas (including General English courses, Cambridge FCE (B2 First) and CAE (C1 Advanced) exam preparation courses, English for Young Learners, Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter Camps, English for High School Preparation, English for Academic Purposes, English and Professional Sport).
• We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and on identifying and addressing the particular needs and ambitions of every student. All students are made to feel that AICOL is home-away- from-home.
• Our rules are strict, and we expect every student to follow them. Most of our students are here to prepare for exams or entry to other institutions, and expect and deserve a good learning environment.
• Those students who do not acknowledge and observe the rules designed to preserve this environment will not be welcome. We do care for all our students, and offer them the ideal environment in which to achieve their goals.
• AICOL is excited to announce its new pathway relationship with Education Queensland International (EQI).
• Education Queensland International (EQI) can now issue package offers for prospective students wishing to study a High School Preparation (HSP) program with AICOL prior to their entry to an EQI school. Students can enrol in AICOL’s HSP program to meet the English Language requirements for entry into EQI’s High School programs.
• Students of course still need to meet all EQI entry requirements (Please contact us for a full list with information links, and a list of the 90+ State schools included in the Pathway Package Offer).
• AICOL continues to work closely with its valued private school partners on the Gold Coast to provide the same quality HSP program it has for many years.
• AICOL is also a recognized school by Bildungsurlaub in Germany for approved educational travel.
Our Year-Round & Summer English Language Courses:
• Short-term & long-term courses (1 to 48 weeks)
• General English language courses (Accredited courses for Elementary to Upper Intermediate level)
• 12-week Cambridge FCE (B2 First) and CAE (C1 Advanced) exam preparation courses
• IELTS test preparation courses
• Academic English for university & other third-level studies (accredited course)
• Intensive English language courses for high school preparation (accredited course)
• English for Young Learners (accredited courses)
• English study tour programmes
• English summer camp camps for individual children, teenagers and adults (up to 10 weeks from 21 June to 30 August)
• Autumn Camp - September/October
• Winter Camp – January/February
• Spring Camp – March/April
• Homestay programme with local Australian host families
• English language & professional sport programmes (accredited course)
• Farmstay programme (Group study)
• English language courses for parent and child.
The CRICOS registered courses for student visas include:
• General English course
• Cambridge CAE
• Cambridge FCE
• IELTS test Preparation
• English for Young Learners
• English for High School Preparation
• English for Academic Purposes
• English and Professional Sport
Many students come to AICOL to:
• Prepare for IELTS tests (our test results are excellent)
• Prepare for entry to local high schools or primary schools
• Improve their general English levels for further study
• Improve their general English for travel or other personal reasons.
As a vital component of the learning process, we strongly recommend homestay with an Australian family. Homestay provides the best environment within which to:
• Reinforce the English lessons learned at AICOL through practice
• Provide a safe and welcoming place from which to learn about Australia
• Provide a good introduction to Australian customs and way of life
AICOL has its own homestay placement service, whereby students are placed with a family most suited to their particular needs:
• Students first complete a Homestay Application Form
• This form is then matched through our exclusive computer program with one of our homestay families
• The chosen homestay family details are then forwarded to the student
• The student may even commence communicating with the family before they arrive
All homestay families are chosen for their caring and welcoming attitude to international students, and must provide appropriate accommodation for both living and study. They must also hold police clearance cards.
• Australian International College of Language provides an extensive range of activity options for all students. During January / February and June / July / August, we have structured activities each afternoon after school, plus full day activities on the weekend.
• AICOL can also provide specialised activities for serious students, such as professional golf, tennis, or swimming tuition.
• Our computerised Homestay Placement Service also enables AICOL to place students in families which enjoy the same kind of activities. For example, a family living beside a golf course which enjoys golf, or a family which lives by the ocean and loves surfing.
• "I had a lovely 18 week course in preparation of my CAE. Everyone was lovely and I believe my exam preparation was the best as I was the only one that completed everything within the time limit.
All of the staff were nice and especially Garth and Gabriele tried their best to help - not only with academic but also other questions. I would highly recommend the school to everyone that wants to learn English better."
Carmen from Germany, student of our Cambridge CAE test preparation course.
• "I have finished three weeks of English study in your school. My experience has been very good. My daughters have been four weeks and will be for another week. I studied English in six different countries and I must say that your school is the best I've ever been. I am a high school teacher in my country and I value your work.
My daughters have learned a lot. The teachers are very good. Laura is in the class of Brendan. A great teacher. Laura has managed to speak English and work hard every day. Jamice professor Paula is a very energetic person and a great professional. And John my teacher always has a kind word for each of their students and a great knowledge of the different cultures of their students.
Thank you very much to all. I have to thank you also that in recent weeks we find a new apartment where we have been very good."
• "Thank you for teaching me for 5 weeks. Your classes were so fun, and in fact I was always looking forward to joining in your classes. I've learned a lot from your teaching such as student-center classes and giving students a lot of opportunities to speak English.
I also thought that a schedule in your classes was so nice too. Your classes improve every skill, not only listening, speaking, reading, writing but also thlnking about some issues deeply. I want to be a teacher like you...I had a great time during my stay in Australia."
• "It was a pleasure to study English in AICOL! Best regards to all team especially our teachers Jane and Gabriel!
Good attitude, location and last but not least - you can study there with all of your family. Not only teenagers but also younger kids are welcome in AICOL. Well done!"
• "Dear Jan, Thank you for teaching me these three weeks. I've been learning a lot from you and also enjoying all the lessons we've been through. You're such a great teacher, all of the comments that you made on politic, economy, culture were so amazing that I will always keep them in my mind. It's my pleasure to join your class, and worked with these lovely and kindly classmates.
I love your style in teaching better than my teacher in Taiwan. You divided us into small groups everyday, so I had good opportunities to practice speaking English with different countries and personalities of people, we shared our ideas together and I always got great responses to any of the questions and problems; especially the business English impressed me the most, we argued on each other's point of view; meanwhile I developed my critical thinking skills as well.
Every Thursday, when finishing IELTS, I always felt frustrated, but the advantage is it made me realise which English levels I am, and what parts I have to study harder and improve more. It's really a shame to stay in Australia for such a short period, but it's definitely the best memory that I've ever experienced. Hope you won't forget me!"
"One week has already gone by since our return to Japan. I wish to thank you and all the AICOL staff for your warm reception during our two week stay in Gold Coast!
The children had a wonderful experience and I was truly impressed by AICOL and the Gold Coast region. We will definitely return and hopefully with a larger group. Please give Jan and Garth my kindest regards and keep up the good work!"
Sincerely, Regis de Lavison
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 66 Marine Parade, Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland , Australia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.