Australian International College of Language, Gold Coast, Queensland:
AICOL English school is going strong and looking forward to a great year again in 2024! Delivering full-time, face-to-face classes in Queensland to students from around the world, the Australian International College of Language (AICOL) is a government-accredited English language school located on the Gold Coast in north-east Australia. Our range of short-term & long-term courses include General English courses for adults & children, 12-week Cambridge FCE (B2 First) and CAE (C1 Advanced) exam preparation, IELTS test preparation courses, English for Academic Purposes, English Study Tours, English for High School Prep, English for Parent & Child, English Winter & Summer camps for children, teenagers, parents.
Year-Round & Summer English Language Courses:
Our wide range of English courses include the following CRICOS registered courses for student visas:
- General English courses
- English for Young Learners
- English for High School Preparation
- English for Academic Purposes
- English and Professional Sport
- Cambridge FCE (B2 First) and CAE (C1 Advanced) exam preparation courses.
General English Course - Accredited course for beginner to upper-intermediate level:
Short-term & long-term courses available, 1 to 48 weeks
This course offers a range of exciting and innovative levels for people who need English for professional development or social purposes.
General English is available at four levels of proficiency from Elementary to Upper-Intermediate. Emphasis is placed on the development of speaking skills.
The range of Special Options at AICOL varies from time to time but includes: Business English, Australian Studies, Pronunciation, as well as preparation for a variety of international language tests - IELTS, TOEIC, FCE and TOEFL.
Course Length: Study English in Australia from 1-48 weeks (as required).
AICOL Cambridge Exam Preparation Courses:
The minimum age for both the FCE and the CAE is 16 years. Both courses are 12 weeks in duration.
Why do a Cambridge Certificate course?
• Cambridge Certificate courses are designed for international students who want to set themselves a personal goal and achieve an internationally recognised Certificate in English language ability.
What is the Cambridge FCE / B2 First exam?
B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English: First and the First Certificate in English (FCE), is an English language examination provided by Cambridge Assessment English, a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge in the UK.
The B2 First / Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) is a Certificate qualification for students who need to demonstrate that they can use written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level in everyday life, in the workplace or at college or university.
B2 First shows that learners have the language skills needed to communicate confidently in an English-speaking environment. It is equivalent to Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Why do a Cambridge CAE / C1 Advanced course?
• Cambridge Certificate courses are designed for students who want to set themselves a personal goal and achieve an internationally recognised Certificate in English language ability.
• C1 Advanced was designed to allow non-native English learners to gain certification for advanced levels of English suitable for use in universities and academic settings, and in professional life, and was developed to encourage languages skills for use in real-life situations.
• The C1 Advanced certificate (previously called the The Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) exam is recognised in many countries as the benchmark test for demonstrating a student’s English language level. There is a strong emphasis on new vocabulary and grammar and their use in various contexts.
• Once you pass the Cambridge C1 Advanced test, it is recognised by industry and universities for your lifetime.
IELTS English Language Test Preparation Courses:
IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) is an international standardised test of English language proficiency. It measures your ability to communicate in English across all four language skills - Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
AICOL has a long and well-regarded history of achievements in IELTS test preparation. Our senior teachers are IELTS examiners.
IELTS test preparation is a component of our General English (Academic Purposes) Course. AICOL Gold Coast English school is an IELTS pre-test centre.
Students are prepared to sit the IELTS test through completion of past papers, and through concentrating on improving their weaknesses, whether they be in reading, writing, listening or speaking.
Academic English for University & Other Third-level Studies (Accredited course)
This course has an entry requirement of Upper-Intermediate level proficiency in English and aims to prepare students for tertiary studies in Australia at diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Students undergo a highly intensive programme of study, which includes: Academic Writing, Presentation and Seminar Skills, Note-taking, Library and Research Skills, Study Skills and Computer Competency.
The programme also prepares students for the IELTS international test - the English language examination required for entry to university and to TAFE.
Course Length: Study English in Australia from 1-48 weeks (as required by student needs).
HIGH SCHOOL PREPARATION for International Students:
Intensive English Language Course for High School Preparation (12-16 Years)
Duration: Up to 48 weeks.
Price: AUD$470 per week for 2024, plus $15 a week for resources and $25 per week for sports activities.
Our English for High School Preparation course is designed for students who are entering Years 7 to 11 in Queensland secondary schools. AICOL is a pathway English school for Queensland State schools. Education Queensland International (EQI) can issue package offers for prospective students wishing to study HSP at AICOL prior to their entry to a State school.
AICOL also has excellent relationships with private high schools and delivers HSP to many students wishing to attend several reputable private schools on the Gold Coast.
It familiarises students with the English language skills required for subjects covered in high school and helps them integrate in Australian school life. For these reasons, the structured ESL content in the High School Preparation course includes:
- Australian culture and life skills
- Physical Education
- Human Society
- Creative Arts
Up to 5 hours per week is dedicated to facilitating students’ learning of mathematics and science vocabulary. Students will be able to practise and receive the support they need to build up their confidence. The vocabulary content is selected from Year 5 to 11 mathematics and science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) topics.
Students can commence on any Monday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas/New Year two-week break). The course commences each year on the first day after the New Year public holiday. Thus for 2024, it will be Tuesday 2nd January.
English Study Tour Programmes:
Enjoy the results of AICOL's many years of experience in organising study tours for international students. We have a first class international reputation for care, happy students and excellent results.
Study tour classes are located in our main campus building and students are able to mix with our international students.
AICOL offers its own in-school homestay placement service and our Homestay Coordinator is always available to students and tour leaders. AICOL offers a wide range of study tour programmes or we can design a programme to meet specific requests.
We offer Summer English Camps and Winter English Camps, as well as study tours throughout the year. Study tour programmes can consist of classic English classes - part time or full time, specific sporting activities, visits to local schools or universities, adventure activities, farmstay, as well as specific requests.
AICOL offers TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) courses for non-native English speakers:
- AICOL Teacher Development
- Certificate IV in TESOL
English Language Courses for Parent & Child:
AICOL offers a very popular parent and child programme throughout the year. Parents are able to join our General English classes, and their children join our young learner classes. Recently, we have received parents and children from Japan, Russia, and France.
We are able to place the parent and child with the same homestay family, who brings them to school each day and takes them home after school.
Young children learn English very quickly, and it is a marvellous gift for parents to give their child, that they may learn a foreign language early in life.
We are also able to arrange visits to local primary and high schools for parents who are seeking to place their children into the Australian school system.
- English Language for school preparation
- English Language for university entry
- English Language summer camp for individual children and adults (for up to 10 weeks from June through July / August 2022)
- English Language winter camp for individual children and adults
- Autumn Camp - September/October
- Spring Camp – March/April 2022
- Parents and kids English in different classes in the same building
- Accommodation arranged - apartments or homestay
- Airport transfers
- Activities program available.
Testimonial from Parent:
• "My 8-Year-old son and I took a course. The children's English course is a lesson to incorporate activities so that children don't get tired of them. My class was a lesson to each English level filled with academic intellectual curiosity. One of the most fascinating things to learn in the same campus in parent-child, brother, and family. A very great school, including a lecturer who also supports IELTS preparation and more.
The principal and the staff and the staff are very good and really recommended school. Thank you very much for your help."
Yuko Kimura, Japan
English Language Course for Young Learners (Accredited course for ages 6-12 Years)
This popular course allows young students to arrive on a student visa with or without a parent. If required the student can be placed with one of our reliable and caring homestay families.
Homestay Programme with Local Australian Host Families:
Live locally with an Australian host family and totally immerse yourself in the language and culture. You will speak English daily with your host family and reinforce what you learn in class.
Homestay allows a student to immerse quickly into Australian society and culture. Homestay provides an excellent opportunity for conversation practise.
English Language & Professional Sport Programmes (Accredited course)
A CRICOS registered programme for students who wish to spend more time pursuing their professional sporting career while also learning English.
Gold Coast "English Summer Camp" (Australian Winter) Program:
- June, July, August - Developed for young learners (children and teenagers) ages 6 to 17 years, their parents and grandparents.
This fun educational summer program is for individual students with AICOL staff on all activities.
Gold Coast "Winter Camp" (Australian Summer) Program:
- January, February - Full time English language classes for children or adults followed by optional activities for individual students and for group study tours.
The program for individuals is subject to a minimum of 2 students wishing to participate. Examples of planned activity options include:
- Visit Australia Fair
- Visit famous Surfers Paradise
- Surfing lesson
- Sea World
- Movie World
- Wax Museum
- Shopping at Harbour Town
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Mini Golf
- Ripley’s Believe-it-or-Not
- Free time to plan your own activity - surfing, tennis, shopping etc.
Further English Camp options:
• Autumn Camp - September/October
• Spring Camp – March/April
Student Reviews / Testimonials:
• "Thank you for teaching me these three weeks. I've been learning a lot from you and also enjoying all the lessons we've been through. You're such a great teacher, all of the comments that you made on politic, economy, religion, culture were so amazing that I will always keep them in my mind. It's my pleasure to join your class, and worked with these lovely and kindly classmates. I love your style of teaching.
You divided us into small groups everyday, so I had good opportunities to practice speaking English with different countries and personalities of people, we shared our ideas together and I always got great responses to any of the questions and problems; especially the business English impressed me the most.
We argued on each other's point of view; meanwhile I developed my critical thinking skills as well.....It's really a shame to stay in Australia for such a short period, but it's definitely the best memory that I've ever experienced."
- Jessica, Taiwan
• "I am very grateful for your assistance with my IELTS test. The test results has been sent to me yesterday when I arrived home. I’ve got a overall 7.5 in the IELTS, which includes Listening(8.5), Reading(7.5), Writing(6.5), Speaking(7.0). It is a pretty good mark of a two-week preparation.
I really appreciate your taking the time to give me so much idividual attention, and your honesty, care and passion has left an impact on me that I will never wear out. The time that I stayed in your class was short but I experienced a completely different teaching method which will always be a good memory for me.
Now I am preparing the new semester coming in the following week. I am sure there will chances for me to continue my study in Australia. Thank you."
- Lynette, Academic English Student
|Address: 66 Marine Parade, Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland , Australia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.