Language and Music For Life:
Language and Music for Life (LMFL) is committed to providing training in classical music, jazz, and foreign languages to students of all ages through our unique 2-week or 3-week summer music and language courses, with a lower age limit of 5 years old and no upper age limit (adults included). Our Summer Courses 2018 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a co-educational day and boarding school in Llandovery, a market town in Carmarthenshire in south-west Wales, UK. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.Email: Contact us belowSummer Courses 2018 held in South-West Wales:
Llandovery College is accessible from all parts of the UK through excellent road, rail and air links.
The closest international airport is Cardiff International Airport, which is just 45 miles away, and offers direct flights from and to many major cities in the UK and Europe.
There are many direct trains from London, Paddington to Carmarthen (approximately 40 minutes from Llandovery), though generally you will need to change at Swansea.
Travel times from London are approximately 5 hours. Direct buses are available from Carmarthen to Llandovery.
Primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical education, the course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, as well as to skilled amateurs.
• Instrumental Training: 10 hours of one-to-one tuition in Violin, Viola, Cello, Classical Piano, Piano Jazz, Oboe, Flute/Piccolo, Saxophone, Clarinet, Brass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Harp, or Organ.
• Vocal Training: Classical Vocal Tuition (one to one), Gospel / Jazz / Pop Vocal Tuition (one to one), Classical Vocal Workshop.
• Additional Music Courses include: Orchestra Conducting, Music Composition, Music Theory, Chamber Music, Choir, Trinity Exam Preparation
Quality tuition in Spanish, French, German, and English in very small groups (5-6 maximum) or in one to one tuition. Although the preferred language of communication is English, it is possible to learn and practice several second languages.
Further Summer Courses:
• Intensive One-Week Language & Music Pre-Course - We offer a one-week crash Course in English or French + music tuition (chamber music & chamber choir) for students who are registering for our Musical Summer Course. This course is held before the main summer course.
• We will also run a music summer camp in Florence, Italy in 2018 for adults & teenagers (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians.