London Art Portfolio:
Are you searching for a quality Fashion Portfolio Preparation course? London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly nationally and internationally. Highly experienced in preparing portfolios for all specialist areas of art & design, she provides courses and training in fashion and textile design, fine art, painting, sculpture, fashion photography, animation and illustration.Email: Contact us below
Centrally located just south of Tower Bridge, close to London Bridge tube station in Southwark, London Art Portfolio prepares students for different levels of art and design development through ongoing portfolio support and direction, dissertation research and support. Julia also helps students with ongoing coursework and UCAS applications for degree, and post-graduate courses.
Fashion Portfolio Preparation Courses:
Study for 24, 18, 12, 6, or 4 weeks or take one-to-one tutoring.
A fashion & fashion design portfolio needs to demonstrate innovation, something different, through idea development, mood board design, fashion illustration, and a strong personal sense of design and style.
As a fashion designer you must have sound contextual knowledge of fashion, and costume, historical and contemporary.
You need good research skills investigating culture, traditions and artefacts and be willing to visit museums and galleries, such as the V&A Museum and the British Museum in London and fashion shows.
London Art Portfolio tutoring covers areas including:
Fashion Design; Fashion Photography; Fashion Illustration; Fashion Promotion & Marketing; Fashion Visual Merchandising; Fashion Design Innovation; Fashion Mood Boards; Fashion Accessories
With London Art Portfolio you will be able to:
• Build your portfolio exploring creative drawing skills, in a range of materials and mediums.
• Discover the figure, fabric, materials and colour
• To be aware of innovative digital technologies in print and new fabrics.
• Experiment with mood board layout, surface and presentation.
• Learn how to apply these skills to create mixed media sculptural fashion forms.
• Learn how and when to apply digital design fundamentals depending on what level you are.
• Co-ordinate for seasonal collections.
• Develop a sense for fashion accessorising & detail, such as embroidery, textiles, weave & print.
• Learn fashion illustration techniques and digital photography
Fashion Careers Options include:
Fashion and textile designer; Fashion Promotion; Fashion stylist; Fashion & Marketing; Fashion Photographer; Fashion Communication & Photomedia
"As a whole, the London Art Portfolio course was an extremely good experience for me. The atmosphere was very creative, free and friendly...When I first started the London Art Portfolio course, I had just finished high school and had very little idea of my future studies.
Working with Julia helped me secure a place on a Foundation Course at London College of Communication, and later on a place on BA Womenswear at Central Saint Martins.
I would recommend London Art Portfolio to anyone looking to build up a portfolio and wishing to develop their creativity!"
- Nina, Central Saint Martins (CSM)