London Art Portfolio:
Located in Wapping in Tower Hamlets, East London, London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses, foundation courses in art and design, and specialist short courses throughout the year for UK and international students as well as professionals seeking a career change. We also offer customised one-to-one student / teacher tutorials, as well as day, evening and weekend study options. We provide quality, intensive training in fields including fine art and painting, sculpture, fashion and textile design, photography, graphic design, animation, illustration, 3D design, digital arts, and architecture. 50% of our students take 1-to-1 Tutoring classes for optimal training & guidance.
• London Art Portfolio "welcomes beginners", and can offer support and training for professional artists and designers too.
• We help you to prepare a successful art & design portfolio for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• We are popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for online and portfolio development support.
• We enjoy great success in placing British and International students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in their career. 100% success rate for all committed students who apply for Foundation, Diploma, Bachelor Degree & Masters level courses.
• Successful placements include London University of Arts Colleges: Central Saint Martins, Goldsmiths, LCC, London College of Fashion, Chelsea & Camberwell; University of Creative Arts London and USA applications.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
• LAP was founded by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly, nationally and internationally.
• Julia Dennis is highly experienced in preparing portfolios for all specialist areas of art & design, and has 100% success rate for student placement onto University courses at the best London Universities and Foundation courses.
• During her career, Julia has placed almost 1,000 students onto HE courses in art and design, many progressing into highly successful careers.
• Julia has lectured on degree courses, and has been a Course Leader of a Foundation Course and a National Diploma in Fine Art and Design. She also helps students with ongoing coursework and UCAS applications for degree, and post-graduate courses.
• Previously, Julia was teaching in sculpture part time at Leeds University and in mixed media fine art at various London Universities and in Sussex.
• In Europe, Julia has taught in the UK and Italy and designed a project for an International EU funded project with FE & HE partners in Finland, Sweden and Belgium.
* MA in Fine Art: Brighton University, Brighton Arts School
* MA in International Educational Development: University of Sussex
* PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate in Art & Design Education): Brighton University
* BA (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design: Hull School of Art
Julia is fluent in Italian, and has a fair understanding of French and Spanish.
• Fine Art: painting, sculpture & mixed media installation
• Fashion and textile design, fashion photography
• Graphic Design: magazine and book design, logo design, exhibition design, animation and illustration
• 3D: architecture & product design
• Architecture: innovative design, drawing, maquette making
• Photography: fine art, fashion, documentary, street
• Professional Digital Portfolio Preparation
• Personal Development
• Career Change courses & training in art and design
• Career Mentoring to advise on future career paths to choose from
Group & Private Study Options:
• 24 or 18 Week Portfolio Preparation Course
• Short / Intensive Portfolio Preparation Courses - Study for 4, 6, 8 or 12 weeks
• 1 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation - an Introductory / Enrichment Course
• 1-2 week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
• One-to-one Portfolio Preparation Tutoring - For Adults & Teenagers
• 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design
• One-to-one Online Tutoring for Adults & Teenagers
For beginner artists, pre-foundation students, graduate and Masters applicants. Courses include:
Evening Art & Design Classes:
• iPad Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Fundamentals of Drawing (6 weeks)
• Life Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Life in Colour (6 weeks)
• Drawing into Painting: The Picture as a Stage (6 or 10 weeks)
• Painting Evening Class (6 or 10 weeks)
• Perspective Drawing (6 weeks)
• Fashion: Traditional Draping (6 weeks)
• Model Making (6 weeks)
• 3D Modelling in Rhino CAD (6 weeks)
• Illustration Introduction (6 weeks)
• Storyboard for Animation Short Courses (6 weeks)
• Half Term Courses (1 week classes in February, April, June & October)
• Fine Art Friday Classes
• Saturday Art School
• Corporate Workshops
Art & Design Summer Courses for Adults:
Held in June, July & August
• 10 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 6 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 4 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 2 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 1 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 1 Week Drawing Enrichment Course
• 1 Week Summer Course
• 1 Week Model Making Course
Art & Design Summer Courses for Teenagers (Under 18)
• 4 or 6 Week Fine Art Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fashion Design and Draping Womenswear Course
• 4 or 6 Week Textile Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Architecture Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Graphic Design Portfolio Course
We also offer Holiday art classes at Christmas, Spring Half Term & Easter.
Easily-Accessible Location close to Tower Bridge:
London Art Portfolio's Central London area studios are based at Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London E1W 2JU (in the Borough of Tower Hamlets in East London, on the north bank of the River Thames, close to Tower Bridge!). Tower Hill tube station (on the Circle and District Lines) is within walking distance.
• "LAP has definitely fulfilled my expectations! Without my tutor Julia I wouldn’t be able to apply for my Fashion Design Degree or be offered two amazing internships, one with Peter Pilotto, the other with Iris van Herpen, and have a successful fashion portfolio.
I feel so lucky that I found London Art Portfolio and had the opportunity to study there. I learnt so many things that I wouldn’t have learnt and I received all the support I needed.
My tutor was devoted to me and helped so much even outside of my course! I had a really good guidance and I am so satisfied."
Iris, Greece - Instituto Marangoni, BA Degree in Fashion Design
• “From my 1:1 tuition at LAP, I've not only reached my goals of getting into Central Saint Martins, but I've broadened my artistic skills and creativity. I was able to develop my drawing skill, through the use of mixed media, including collaging and Photoshop, which I was not exposed to at A level art...
Before coming to LAP, I was only exposed to the fine art direction, however, after a few weeks at LAP, I was introduced to graphic design and fashion; and immediately found my new interest for fashion...
I received a lot of help with my personal statement and guidance throughout applying to art school, I was given advice on different courses and which university to apply to, to meet my own personal interests."
Vy, British / Vietnamese - Central Saint Martins
• "...Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out."
Aleksandra, Poland - University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins
• "I am happy to recommend Julia Dennis and London Art Portfolio. Julia has a wonderful ability to connect with her students and create a fun and relaxed environment to work in. Throughout my 6 weeks on the course, I felt very happy with my abilities thanks to her positive reinforcement and excellent advice.
I feel that Julia has given me the confidence to succeed with my application and helped me learn a completely new style and approach to my projects."
Lisa, Germany - Birmingham City University, BA Degree in Animation
• "My daughter had lost her inspiration and felt she needed a helping hand to put together a winning portfolio to be able to secure a place at University level.
I'm so happy we found Julia, she is extremely experienced and you can feel her inspirational energy as soon as you enter the room. My daughter got her confidence back and made immediate progress, allowing her to prepare her portfolio in a constructive, winning manner.
Thanks to Julia, I'm so grateful for giving my daughter that extra little push, whereby she secured a place at Brighton Arts School BA Painting Degree."
• “Julia’s approach was to inspire and guide but not take over allowing my daughter to prepare her portfolio in a constructive, winning manner.”
Parent of Student, BA Degree Fine Art Painting, Brighton School of Art, University of Brighton
Specific Contact Pages: - Fashion Portfolio Course
- Graphic Design Portfolio Course
- Fine Art Portfolio Course
- Architecture Portfolio Course
- Textiles Portfolio Course
- Photography Portfolio Course
- Digital Portfolio Prep
- Foundation Course in Art & Design
- Evening Classes
- Reviews / Testimonials
- Further Reviews
- Foundation Course in Graphic Design
- Foundation Course in Fashion Design
- Foundation Course in Fine Art
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London, England E1W 2JU, UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.