London Art Portfolio:
Located in Wapping in Tower Hamlets, East London, London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses, foundation courses in art and design, and specialist short courses throughout the year for UK and international students as well as professionals seeking a career change. We also offer customised one-to-one student / teacher tutorials, as well as day, evening and weekend study options. We provide quality, intensive training in fields including fine art and painting, sculpture, fashion and textile design, photography, graphic design, animation, illustration, 3D design, digital arts, and architecture. 50% of our students take 1-to-1 Tutoring classes for optimal training & guidance.
Art, Design and Architecture Portfolio Preparation & Career Training:
Portfolio Preparation Courses for Students & Professionals:
London Art Portfolio offers a range of courses aimed at British and international applicants to MA, BA (Hons) Degree and Foundation courses in Art, Design Architecture in the UK and around the world.
LAP has a high success rate in placing British and international students onto the right course at the right level at any stage in your career in any of the following fields:
• Fine Art
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Design
• 3D Design / Architecture
Our courses cover:
• Tailored Action Plans
• Art & Design Preparation courses
• Degree dissertation
• Studio artwork
• UCAS online application
• Career and specialist course choices
• Interview preparation & techniques
We have in-depth working experience of International Education systems and policy so we know what the international applicant is looking for.
LAP programmes are excellent for 'Change of Career' applicants also. We offer Personal Development and Career Mentoring to advise on future career paths to choose from. We try to help with internship and work experience contacts too!
Art tuition is limited to 10 students per group to maintain quality tutoring in order to meet everyone’s needs. This allows students to build up their confidence in a more intimate environment, feeling free to ask questions and learn.
Students are very welcome to use free studio space and desk space in the afternoons. We provide an ideal environment to meet new people and make new creative friends as well as an opportunity to draw on location in some of London’s finest Museums, architecture and gardens.
- Vy, 2013 student
‘I've not only reached my goals of getting into Central Saint Martins, but I've broadened my artistic skills and creativity..The atmosphere at LAP is like no other, and it’s a place that I feel like home… You will be encouraged and pushed to achieve your artistic dreams,’
• 24 Week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course:
Our 24 week portfolio preparation course programme is split into four 6 week blocks with a short break in between each block. Each tutored session is 3 hours each day from 9am-12noon on Monday-Thursday.
The course is suitable for all levels; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are all welcome.
This course prepares you for the start of your University Degree studies. Upon completion of the 24 week programme you are super ready for the next stage of your education, thus making the next step in your career a success too. Course options include:
- 24 Week Fine Art Portfolio course
- 24 Week Fashion Design Portfolio course
- 24 Week Textile Design Portfolio course
- 24 Week Architecture Portfolio course
- 24 Week Graphic Design Portfolio course
• 18 Week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course:
Held in the autumn and spring term, students on this course covers all the fundamental skills and idea development in art and design.
Split into three 6 week blocks, this course provides a great opportunity for beginners, gap year students, people looking for a career change, and students striving for personal and professional development.
At the end of the course, the prepared portfolio will then be used to win a place as an intern at a top fashion house, gallery or design group, or to present for any of the following applications:
- Pre-degree applications at foundations level (if this is necessary)
- Direct BA Degree applications
- Post-Graduate Masters applications
- A professional career portfolio
- Opportunity for internships at a top artist studio, design studio or fashion house
Students are offered the use of free studio and space desk space in the afternoons. A great way to improve your English language skills in art and design too!
Graduates can be sure to have covered all of the requirements thoroughly, and to be ready for their future chosen degree applications or professional career. This course also includes an introduction to 3D Software and Adobe Programmes - including Rhino 3D and Photoshop.
• Short / Intensive Portfolio Preparation Courses - Study for 1, 4, 6, or 12 weeks.
Our intensive 12 week, 6 week and 4 week programmes prepare you for university and college applications deadlines - at all levels: MA, BA (Hons) Degree and Foundation courses in Art, Design and Architecture, including support with your application statement.
These intensive courses are also ideal for career changers and mature applicants.
Students are very welcome to use free studio space and desk space in the afternoons.
• 12 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course
In this intensive course, you will have the opportunity to learn new specialist techniques, learn how to use certain tools and materials, and develop your skills to a deeper understanding.
• 6 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course
Suitable for beginners to advanced level, this course is perfect for those who need to develop their art or design work so that they can build a portfolio for a Foundation Course or Higher Education application.
It is also ideal for students who want professional development, or an entire change of career.
• 4 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course
In this intensive course, you will be introduced to drawing, and the museums and art galleries of London. You will learn how to use a range of processes, techniques, and materials, and focus on idea development and concept building.
Designed for beginners to advanced students, you can choose to combine this course with one to one tutorial support. You can also choose to extend this course to 8 weeks.
• 1 week Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course
Suitable for beginners to advanced level, this is a week of enrichment to add to your portfolio. You can choose from two options: Drawing Week or Model Making Week.
This course is designed to help you decide which area of art and design to choose for your future Foundation or UCAS applications. Some students follow up their one-week personal development with One-One tutorials to extend and explore their skills and techniques further.
• 1-2 Week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
Professional Digital Preparation Courses:
• 1-1 Digital Portfolio Preparation Tutorials
• 1 week (5 day) Digital Portfolio Preparation Course
• 4 Week Digital Portfolio Preparation Course (Day & Evening classes available)
• 6 Week Digital Portfolio Preparation Course
One-to-one Portfolio Preparation Tutorials:
Individual tutorials are suitable for complete beginners to advanced level. One-to-One tuition is flexible and ideal for maximum personal attention.
Sessions take place at Julia’s studios at 185 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2UF next to Tower Bridge! We provide:
• Physical Portfolio Preparation
• Digital Portfolio Preparation
• Under 18 One to One Tutorials
• One to One UCAS Application Support
• One to One One Online Tutoring
Sometimes we have sessions in a museum or gallery; Historic place; Famous gardens and parks, or at at special events & exhibitions such as the Chelsea Flower Show, London Architecture Festival, Henley Regatta, Chinese New Year, City of London Festival or choose one of your own.
We offer our one-to-one art portfolio tuition in sessions of two hours minimum. Customised action plans are drawn up to meet your specific needs.
One-to-One Online Tutoring for Adults & Teenagers
Our online tutoring provides a fun and easy way to learn at times that best suit you and with no travel costs. Each of our private online tutorials is delivered in 2-hour minimum sessions.
Suitable for beginners to advanced students, the content of our online portfolio preparation classes can be customized to meet your specific needs.
Foundation Course in Art and Design:
Duration: 24 weeks
Our intensive Foundation Course in Art and Design allows you to explore a wide range of art and design subjects as part of your preparation for BA application.
Students explore various art and design disciplines, experiment with a range of materials, methods and approaches, and build a successful portfolio of work for UK, EU and international degree applications at leading arts universities and colleges.
The full time Foundation Course delivers a weekly 15-hour Teaching Programme, spread over 24 weeks, plus 12 hours free studio access. Students choose from one of the following specialist pathways:
- Fine Art
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Graphic Design
- Architecture and 3D Spatial Design
Essential Skill Set Modules:
- Advanced Drawing and Painting
- Design Development and Realisation
- Advanced ‘hands on’ Model Making
- Advanced 3D Modelling Software
- Draping on the Mannequin
- Fashion Illustration
- Advanced Adobe Suite and Digital Portfolio Start Up
- Portfolio Presentation and layout
- Critical and Contextual Studies
Short Courses in Art & Design:
For beginners, pre-foundation students, graduate and Masters applicants, and practising artists.
Our short courses can offer you the flexibility to attend art classes in the evenings, over half term or weekends to block build and create your own art school course programme.
Art & Design Evening Classes:
• iPad Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Fundamentals of Drawing (6 weeks)
• Life Drawing Class (6 weeks)
• Life in Colour (6 weeks)
• Drawing into Painting: The Picture as a Stage (6 or 10 weeks)
• Painting Evening Class (6 or 10 weeks)
• Perspective Drawing (6 weeks)
• Fashion: Traditional Draping (6 weeks)
• Model Making (6 weeks)
• 3D Modelling in Rhino CAD (6 weeks)
• Illustration Introduction (6 weeks)
• Storyboard for Animation Short Courses (6 weeks)
Half Term Courses (1 week classes in February, April, June & October)
• Half Term Drawing and Painting Class
• Perspective Drawing Half Term Class
• Half Term Life Drawing Class
• Fashion: Traditional Draping
Weekend Art Classes:
• Fine Art Friday Classes
• Saturday Art School
Art and design courses for companies / employees are also available at our studios or at a location of your choice. Ideal for team-building, they can be customised to meet your needs.
Art & Design Summer Courses for Adults
Held in June, July & August
• 10 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 6 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 4 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 2 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 1 Week Summer Portfolio Course
• 1 Week Drawing Enrichment Course
• 1 Week Summer Course
• 1 Week Model Making Course
Art & Design Summer Courses for Teenagers (Under 18)
4 or 6-week courses held in June, July & August
Prepare for IB, A-Level or GCSE art projects before you go back to school!
• 4 or 6 Week Fine Art Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Fashion Design and Draping Womenswear Course
• 4 or 6 Week Textile Design Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Architecture Portfolio Course
• 4 or 6 Week Graphic Design Portfolio Course
We also offer holiday art classes at Christmas, Spring Half Term, and during the Easter holidays.
Student Reviews / Testimonials:
• “Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable."
• "My experience at LAP has been more than positive, I would say great! I sincerely thank Julia, our tutor, who, with her professionalism and motivation, has guided me in creating a beautiful Portfolio of Fashion Design.
Julia gave me the support and direction throughout the course with her expert advice, both practical and technical, and with her great passion has given me many ideas in order to create a unique piece of work that opened my mind to new ideas and inspiration.
At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and I was accepted! It was a great victory and I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!
• "At first I was uncertain of my own abilities and I lacked confidence. That is why I decided to seek the expertise of Julia at London Art Portfolio.
She made me feel comfortable from the very beginning and starting from our first one-to-one tutorial I began to develop my drawing skills. She made sure that throughout our time together we explored different mediums, techniques and approaches."
For further information on our design and art portfolio preparation courses in London, please email us below.
Specific Contact Pages: - Fashion Portfolio Course
- Graphic Design Portfolio Course
- Fine Art Portfolio Course
- Architecture Portfolio Course
- Textiles Portfolio Course
- Photography Portfolio Course
- Digital Portfolio Prep
- Foundation Course in Art & Design
- Evening Classes
- Reviews / Testimonials
- Further Reviews
- Foundation Course in Graphic Design
- Foundation Course in Fashion Design
- Foundation Course in Fine Art
|Address: Quay 430, 18 Cape Yard, Kennet Street, Wapping, London, England E1W 2JU, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.