St Brelade's College, Jersey:
St Brelade’s College in Jersey is a family-run language school, established in 1978 and we pride ourselves on providing a personal service. As a result we see many of our students returning year on year, making the most of the programmes we offer and the beautiful island of Jersey. We provide our students with a range of courses throughout the year, including holiday, intensive or business courses, private lessons or residential programmes. We offer separate courses for adults and young learners and welcome individuals or groups.
• The college is located on the British island of Jersey, in the Channel Islands, approximately 20 miles off the French coast and 80 miles south of England, therefore we benefit from a slightly milder climate.
• Students can reach Jersey by boat from St Malo or by plane from Paris, Zurich, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Berlin. There are also at least three flights a day from every major airport in London.
• We believe that there is no substitute for small classes and qualified teachers.
• Nearly all our teachers, outside July and August have been teaching at St Brelade’s College for more than five years and have been selected from our teacher training courses, which we run every year to prepare teachers for Trinity College Certificate and Diploma examinations.
• Founded in 1978, St Brelade’s College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK.
• The main emphasis of our teaching is on communication. Like most modern language schools, we employ a variety of methods and teaching materials to help students increase their conversational fluency.
• Our classes are small enough for our teachers to adapt their methods and materials to the needs of each group.
• Short courses of 2, 3 & 4 weeks, and longer courses of up to 48 weeks are available
• Intensive English courses, English refresher courses
• One-to-one individual tuition / Private English lessons
• Business intensive English course
• Summer intensive English courses, summer holiday courses
• Cambridge examination preparation for the First Certificate (FCE) & Cambridge Advanced Exam (CAE)
• IELTS and TOEFL test preparation courses
• Combination courses with one-to-one lessons (combine a general English course with more specialised study in the subject of your choice e.g English for business, English for law, medical English.)
• 50+ English programme for mature students & seniors
• English plus Golf
Courses for Young Learners:
• We run separate courses for juniors and teenagers (ages 10-17) throughout the year. Teenage students receive tuition in the morning and a choice of excursions and sports in the afternoon.
• Surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, football and tennis are among the most popular sports included in our course fees.
• Young learners can either stay in homestay, offering them the chance to practise their English with a local family on a daily basis or they can stay in our summer residence, which we run in Jersey.
• Many adult students and young learners choose to stay in host family accommodation, where they receive breakfast, dinner and a packed lunch to eat at the school.
• The host family is also responsible for transfers on arrival and departure, while the college provides free daily transport to and from school. All the host families receive regular visits from our accommodation officer and are expected to provide a decent standard of comfort and hospitality.
Adult & Teenage Residences:
• St Brelade's College provides both adult and teenage residences, available at various times throughout the year.
• Our adult residence is located 5 minutes walk from the main college in St Aubin, close to plenty of restaurants, pubs & a supermarket. A continental breakfast is provided, and students can use the communal kitchen to prepare other meals.
• Our teenage residences run during school holidays throughout the year. Students are provided with full board and are supervised by our residence managers.
Surplombant le pittoresque port de plaisance de saint Aubin, l’école bénéficie d’une excellente situation géographique. Il vous suffit d’un trajet de 15 minutes en voiture le long d’une superbe baie pour être à St Hélier, ville principale de Jersey.
Le collège accueille des étudiants, jeunes et adultes, tout au long de l’année et offre des cours en petits groupes, une famille d’accueil ou un hébergement en hôtel ainsi qu’un programme hebdomadaire de visites et d’activités sportives et sociales.
En dehors de la période des vacances d’été, nous n’accueillons pas plus de cinquante étudiants adultes assistant à des cours de courte durée, en groupe ou en cours particulier. Nous tenons également des cours de plus longue durée préparant aux examens de Cambridge.
Das St Brelade’s College wurde 1978 in Jersey gegründet und richtet sich an alle Interessen- und Altersgruppen. Es bietet das ganze Jahr über Intensivkurse, Auffrischungskurse, Examenskurse und Kurse in Wirtschaftsenglisch an. Zudem hält die Schule Ferienkurse ab, die speziell für jugendliche Sprachschüler konzipiert sind.
Die Schule bietet neben dem Unterricht in kleinen Gruppen auch die Unterkunft in Gastfamilien oder in Hotels und ein wöchentlich wechselndes Programm an Freizeitaktivitäten und Veranstaltungen an.
• "I really enjoyed the whole time. It was interesting to meet all the new people and the teachers did a very good job. I also enjoy the trips. To learn and practice English in such pleasant company was a great thing. Thanks for the good time."
Barbara, Germany, adult intensive English course
• "I really enjoyed studying at St Brelades college. I met very nice people not only at the college but in Jersey too. It´s a beautiful place for studying and also for spending your time on holiday. If I could, I would go back right now."
Marketa, Czech Republic, Intensive and combined adult English course
• "Jersey is such a beautiful island. I studied on the 50+ programme for two weeks at the St Brelade's College. I really enjoyed the course and the school excursions too.
I thought the teachers were excellent. I also made some friends and we've been contacting each other by email. I would like to study at this school again if I have the chance."
Aki, Japan, 50+ English programme
• "I had a good experience at the college. The teachers, other students and activity guides helped me improve my English. Two weeks at St Brelade's College was a good idea for me."
Hoarau, France, 2 weeks elementary adult course
• "We are so happy that we decided to come here. I have been to many other language schools in different countries and I can say, this is absolutely the best I have ever been to! It's all so well organized.
I have never had such a nice and wonderful host family too. They are so kind and friendly and always helping us, when we have questions. And I am sure: Christine is the best cook without a restaurant in Jersey - it feels like in a 5 Star Hotel!"
Anita, Switzerland, 2 week standard English course & Junior holiday course for daughters
• "Morning classes dramatically improved our English. We did activities, games and others things. It was very entertaining and at the same time we moved forward. I saw the results this year on my grades."
Arethuse, 15, France, 2 week summer holiday course
• "I really enjoyed Jersey! Lessons were very interesting, and they really helped my English. St Brelade College is the proof of how you can have fun while you're learning. However, the best thing was being able to interact with boys and girls from other countries."
Sara, 14, Italy, 3 week summer holiday course
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Mont Les Vaux, St Aubin, Saint Helier, Jersey , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.