Homeschooling Education/ Homeschools in D.C. area: Online high schools, Christian homeschool programs, tutoring programs for kids, online K-12 schools in DC to get an accredited high school diploma at home in Washington DC area..
Based in Washington DC, The George Washington University Online High School (GWUOHS) is an independent online private school for academically talented students in Grades 6 –12 who seek a rigorous yet flexible college preparatory program. The school is a partnership between the nationally renowned George Washington University and K¹², the leading provider of online education for grades K–12 in the U.S. and around the world.
Our engaging, interactive curriculum has received numerous awards, and is designed by some of the finest minds in education. Our teachers are selected based on deep expertise in their disciplines and are trained to teach online and provide individual attention to each of our students.
The George Washington University Online High School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
• Study online at home in the Washington D.C. area! Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) is an accredited provider of NCAA-approved online programs for homeschoolers nationwide in Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
• We offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes, college entrance assistance, and summer classes. Students are also welcome to take single classes. Access to our online courses is available 24/7.
• As a parent of a K-12 student, you want your child to have courses that challenge, teachers who inspire,and learning opportunities that ensure a successful future.
• For a fraction of the cost of a top private school, ALA offers a top-rated curriculum, certified teachers, a mentoring program, and college placement services.
• ALA is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages success through individualized instruction.
• Our program recognizes that each child is an individual, so we offer comprehensive, customizable courses that suit their learning styles, interests, and educational goals.
• Each student will develop the skills necessary for achievement in higher education, and establish a life-long love for learning.
• Each senior who completes the program will receive a homeschool diploma from ALA and an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC).