Caregiver Jobs in California by City
Garden Grove (2 postings) Program Aide / Caregiver; Certified Nursing...
Concord (1 posting) Home Care Aide
San Leandro (1 posting) Personal Attendant
Santa Ana (1 posting) County Caregivers
over one month ago
San Leandro - California
Position Description: - The purpose of the Personal Attendant (PA) position is to provide personal care and direct care support to...
Imagine a world where your ability to work, teach and educate someone isn’t ruled by a bell schedule. Where you can add...
Skills Needed: Qualifications and Requirements:View this Job
1. Education and Experience:
a. High School Diploma or equivalent. One year experience providing care in a human service field. Prefer experience with seniors or persons with developmental disabilities. On year work experience in related field. OR;
a. Valid California driver’s license
b. Clean driving record (DMV printout required)
c. Current vehicle registration and use of a vehicle in good running condition during shift hours.
d. Valid automobile insurance for that vehicle and all passengers.
a. Tuberculosis clearance Screen
b. Current CPR and First Aid certification
c. Pass a criminal background check though fingerprint clearance.
d. Pass pre-Employment Drug Screen and random drug test as required.
e. The willingness and ability to perform all the essential functions of the job.
f. The ability to work collaboratively with consumers and co-workers.
g. An employment record of punctuality, good work attendance and reliability.
h. You must provide an I-9, Social Security Card or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
i. Employment will be contingent upon passing drug and/or alcohol screen.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the consumer(s) in: personal care, such as grooming, feeding, toileting, meal preparation, and other personal care services outlined in the Consumer orientation Checklist training.
2. Support and guide the consumer in the choices they make regarding mobility, community access, learning new skills, scheduling and requested job duties.
3. Assist or facilitate: medical appointments, communication, equipment repair, accessing recreational activities, prescribed exercises, and schedule generic travel arrangements.
4. Assist with planning and/or finding activities that lead to community involvement and the development of a circle of support. Provide companionship, guidance and supervision during such activities. Assist clients with basic housekeeping tasks, laundry and grocery shopping.
5. Perform documentation according to policies and procedures stated in the training manual. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: daily progress notes, medication assistance and medical log forms. Reports and change in the client’s mental, physical or emotional condition to supervisor.
6. Ensure consumer health and safety during assigned hours of responsibility. Ensures that client takes self-administered medication.
7. Assist in the overall maintenance of the consumer’s home and general upkeep of adaptive equipment as assigned. Report any damages to the property or needed repairs for safety purposes immediately to the supervisor. Abide by all home rules, property agreements and equipment warranties.
8. Perform all duties as specified by the consumer, the supervisor and as detailed in the ISP and the consumer orientation checklist.
Other Related job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attend Interdisciplinary Team Meetings, Agency Team Meetings and all other meetings and training sessions as directed by the administration.
2. Cooperate with other in home services, such as home health providers, physical therapists, home maintenance persons, natural supports, etc.
3. Report suspected abuse or any unusual incident as indicated in the LEBLANC Training Manual. This may include, but is not limited to the following: any decline in consumer’s health, medication abuse, or refusal, ability to successfully live in the community safely, willingness to receive services, or request for a new Personal Attendant (PA).
4. Complete and submit time Sheets, In Home Support Services paperwork, mileage and other compensation reports in a timely manner.
5. Perform all duties in a safe manner. Utilize Universal Precautions at all times. Use proper body mechanics when lifting. Never lift, push or pull over 50 pounds without assistance.
6. Report workplace safety issues, consumer injuries, consumer threats to staff or self, potential liabilities and worker injuries immediately to supervisor.
7. Complete LEBLANC training curriculum and other trainings as prescribed by administration.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
9. Abide by all agency policies and procedures as indicated in the Employee Handbook, Memorandums issued by company managers and Employee Training Manual.
While achieving the above job results, the following objectives must always be met:
Maintains LEBLANC Support Services, Inc. stability and reputation by:
Complying with all applicable state and federal regulations and applying a professional and diplomatic behavior at all times.
Maintains Operations by:
Following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes; performing other job related duties as assigned.
Contributes to LEBLANC Support Services, Inc. team effort by:
Practicing strong interpersonal communication skills; accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of personal health-care practices and principles
2. Knowledge of the principles of home management;
3. Knowledge of the elements of nutrition and meal planning;
4. Knowledge of first aid skills including CPR and home safety;
5. Knowledge of the aging process, developmental disabilities and accompanying behavior changes.
6. Knowledge of the emotional problems accompanying illness;
7. Knowledge of vulnerable adult reporting laws.
8. Skill in using appropriate lifting and transfer methods with clients;
9. Ability to accept and adapt to varying life styles and home environments.
10. Ability to follow oral and written directions.
11. Ability to retain confidentiality of home conditions and situations;
12. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
13. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients;
14. Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain calm and objective.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Hoyer lift, walkers, wheelchairs, gait belt, adaptive equipment and general household machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear. Employee must be able to read and write. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to operate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee will reach with arms and hands. Occasionally the employee is required to climb, bend, stoop and/or crawl.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, color distinction, night vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to safely drive and operate a passenger vehicle.
PLEASE NOTE: We Believe that the best way for anyone to fully understand our passion for client services is for them to work with clients. Tfore majority of our staff members serve multiple roles which may include office duties and one to one client services with multiple clients.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a combination of both the office and the client’s homes. When out of the office, the employee may be subject to adverse weather such as hot and wet and/or humid in the summers and cold and wet in the other seasons. The noise level can range from moderately quiet in the office to loud and noisy in the field.
The employee occasionally may be exposed to contagious diseases and parasites and/or potentially violent individuals or domestic animals.
Applicants for appointment to this position will be required to submit a formal application and may be subject to rating of education and experience, oral interview and/or reference check. Job related tests may be required of any applicant.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work what may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Personal Attendant JobPosted by LeBlanc Consulting
over 3 months ago
Santa Ana - California
Child Care/Nannying, Healthcare
Position: Orange County Caregivers Needed! - BHH Respite Services is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of...
BHH Respite Services provides a variety of non-medical services that allow Special Needs Individuals to be more...
Skills Needed: Requirements to be a CAREGiver:View this Job
Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
Complete a criminal background check and drug screen
Possess a valid driver's license, valid auto insurance, and vehicle
County Caregivers JobPosted by BHH Respite Services
over 3 months ago
Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA
Garden Grove - California
Position: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Full time C.N.A. position available at an outpatient, subacute community based adult service...
We are a sub-acute health care facility for intellectually disabled and medically frail adults, known as an Adult Day...
Skills Needed: Caregiving, Adult Diaper Changing, Adult Feeding, Blood Pressure, Take TemperatureView this Job
Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA JobPosted by Helping Hands for Better Living ADHC/CBAS
over one month ago
Health Nurse Aide
Honolulu - Hawaii - USA
Position: Home Health Nurse Aide - Nurse Aide - Arcadia Home Health Services - Location: Honolulu, Hawaii - The first accredited...
Skills Needed: The Successful Applicant must have:View this Job
First Aid & CPR certifications
Certificate of Completion from Hawaii State Approved Nurse Aide Program
Valid State of Hawaii Driver’s license preferred and a Drivers Abstract Record indicating no moving violations (Arcadia will run the abstract when the position is offered and accepted)
Schedule flexibility and the ability to work other times as needed and to attend mandatory training
Health Nurse Aide JobPosted by The Arcadia Family of Companies
4 weeks ago
Care Assistant Position/s
England - UK
Position: UK Care Assistant Position Available Accommodation - Position: UK Full Time Care Assistant Positions Available Accommodation...View this Job
Care Assistant Position/s JobPosted by Ancer Recruitment
1 week ago
Dublin - Ireland
Position: Registered Nurse - Ireland - EPSN Workforce Poland for our Client based in Dublin (2 minutes from the Dublin airport), group...View this Job
Registered Nurse JobPosted by EPSN Workforce Poland
2 days ago
Santa Barbara - California
Job Description - SUMMARY - Efficiently prepare patient operatories, charts, and chair side assist in professional manner. Provide quality...View this Job
Dental Assistant JobCompany:
2 days ago
Emergency Medical Technician EMT
Hayward - California
Job Description - Strategically located in Hayward, United Ambulance provides Basic Life Support services for several counties in the Bay...View this Job
Emergency Medical Technician EMT JobCompany:
2 days ago
LVN / Intake Supervisor
San Mateo - California
Job Description - 1st Choice, Home Health Care and Hospice Inc. is looking for a LVN/ Intake Supervisor to join our Home Health and Hospice...View this Job
LVN / Intake Supervisor JobCompany:
1 day ago
Registered Nurses Correctional Facility
Crescent City - California
Job Description - Registered Nurse RN - Job Description: - Registered Nurses promote and restore patients' health by completing the...View this Job
Registered Nurses Correctional Facility JobCompany:
1 day ago
Peritoneal Registered Nurse PD RN
San Bernardino - California
Registered Nurse - Peritoneal As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN), you educate your patients on how to do their own...View this Job
Peritoneal Registered Nurse PD RN JobCompany:
Case Manager RN PerDiem
Los Alamitos - California
Position: Case Manager RN PerDiem Days - The dedicated staff, highly - skilled physicians and surgeons, and advanced technology combine to...View this Job
Case Manager RN PerDiem JobCompany:
2 days ago
Nurse Education Manager
Sacramento - California
Job Description - The Clinical Nurse Educator (RN)/Clinical Manager who will be given the opportunity to take responsibility for designing,...View this Job
Nurse Education Manager JobCompany:
2 days ago
Medicine Physician Assistant
San Bernardino - California
Position: Family Medicine Physician Assistant - Job Description - Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant needed for large...View this Job
Medicine Physician Assistant JobCompany:
2 days ago
RN's - ER, ICU, and Tele
Position: Travel RN's - ER, ICU, and Tele - Excellent Pay and Benefits! - Location: Southern California - Job Description -...View this Job
RN's - ER, ICU, and Tele JobCompany: