Early Childhood Education jobs USA State list IL Newest Jobs Early Childhood Education job search Illinois
Early Childhood Education Jobs in Illinois by City
Chicago (2 postings) Teachers -...; Foster Parent...
Hillside (2 postings) Educator - Bilingual...; Health...
Arlington Heights (1 posting) Montessori Teacher &...
Clarendon Hills (1 posting) Lead...
Homewood (1 posting) Vice President, Early...
Oak Park (1 posting) Assistant Site Director/...
4 days ago
Vice President, Early Learning Programs
Homewood - Illinois
As a member of Illinois Action for Children's Executive Team, this Vice President oversees the organization's Early Learning...
Account for job gate united states jobs xml import display, and linking to relevant urls.
over 3 months ago
Chicago - Illinois
Child Care/Nannying, Non-Profit
Position: Foster Parent - Chicago Village - At SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, we are committed to providing safe, stable, and loving...
At SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, we build Villages that unite brothers and sisters in foster care, surround them...
Skills Needed: Skills and Qualification:
SOS Illinois is looking for mission driven and nurturing individuals, domestic partners, or married couples interested in being a part of the solution, who are:
1. Experienced with children, either as parent or by working with children in another environment.
2. Experience supporting the needs of behaviorally complex children with a history of mental, emotional, or physical trauma is preferred, but not required (training is provided).
3. Able to discipline fairly and willing to learn behavior- management skills.
4. The skill set to manage a household and a budget.
5. Self-sufficient thinkers with a collaborative spirit and positive outlook on life.
6. Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record.
7. DCFS (Department of Children and Family Services) background and medical clearance.
8. Ability to work in an alcohol, tobacco and drug-free environment.
9. Must be at least 25 years of age.
10. Must have a high school diploma equivalent, or higher.
11. If applicable, must ad to the policy of bringing only one biological or adopted child (under the age of 18) into the Village home.
12. Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 2 years of service.
Beyond the criteria and experience, successful SOS Illinois Foster Parents excel by possessing the following qualities:
Adaptability: Becoming an SOS Illinois Foster Parent is a lifestyle change. Having the ability to swiftly settle into your new home and environment is essential to being as responsive and supportive to your children as possible—from day one—no matter the challenge or change.
Patience: All of our children have endured some sort of trauma. SOS Illinois Foster Parents have the patience and fortitude that helps heal the emotional, mental, and sometimes physical wounds of abused and neglect.
Positivity: SOS Illinois Foster Parents are treasured optimists who can find the silver lining in a less positive situation.
Resourcefulness: SOS Illinois provides our Foster Parents with a community of resources. We are looking for Foster Parents who will utilize those resources, are capable of thinking on their feet, and will seek help when needed.
Most importantly, SOS Illinois Foster Parents are ready to make a full-time commitment to providing a loving, safe, and secure home for the children in their care.
ADA STATEMENT: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Position responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
over 3 months ago
Montessori Teacher & Assistant Teacher
Arlington Heights - Illinois
Position: Montessori Teacher and Assistant Teacher - We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Montessori teacher in a 3 - 6 - year -...
A small, highly ranked Montessori School in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Skills Needed: Hours are full time 5 days a week throughout the school year and Summer.
Teacher Assistant candidates must:
Have experience working with children from 3-6 years. Montessori experience is a plus.
Be open to direction in support of the children's motives and Classroom Director.
Be open to learning about the Montessori classroom.
Be open to collaboration with co-workers.
Be motivated to engage the principals of the Montessori philosophy.
Teacher Assistant Duties Include:
Supporting the lead teacher and following her direction.
Supporting the children in the classroom with work, projects and art.
Maintaining the classroom in appearance: including daily light cleaning and tidying.
Preparing the classroom for mealtime and naptime: including setting up lunch tables,
Participating in outdoor play with children throughout the day.
Teacher Assistant pay is competitive and based on the applicant’s experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Montessori experience is a plus, experience working with the children
Hold a Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
over 3 months ago
Health Advocate/Bilingual in Spanish and Arabic
Hillside - Illinois
Position: Family and Health Advocate (Bilingual in Spanish and Arabic) - Under the direction of the Family and Health Coordinator, the...
Easterseals is a non-profit organization serving Chicago and Rockford Region. Easterseals works diligently to encourage...
Skills Needed: Education/Certification:
• If hired after 11/7/16: Bachelor’s degree or higher in social work, human services, family services, or counseling; or, bachelor’s degree in another field with one of the following to be earned within 18 months of hire: Illinois Gateways to Opportunity Family Specialist Level 5 credential; or Family Development Credential.
• Bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese.
• Head Start Performance Standard.
• MS Office.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Auto insurance, safe vehicle.
• Reliable vehicle.
• Ability to read and write in Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese preferred
• Able to work well with all levels of the organization, partner sites, other agencies and funding source personnel.
• Demonstrates the ability to conceptualize and articulate program outcomes.
• Able to manage multiple projects.
• Well organized, highly detail oriented and accuracy driven.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.