Part-Time Jobs in West Milford, New Jersey
General Function: - Under the general direction of the Program Coordinator, the Program Specialist is responsible for furthering the...
Skills Needed: • Must be 21 years of age and have a college degree or equivalent experience.
• 3 years previous experience in camping, recreation, teaching, childcare or physical education as an older camper or staff.
• Documented experience in nature or environmental instruction, outdoor skills instruction, fishing instruction or documented training and experience.
• Current certification in challenge course operation and archery instruction or documented experience and training.
• Training and experience in teaching nature/science or environmental studies, adventure challenge activities, outdoor skills instruction, archery, and fishing to children.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
• Knowledge of natural history, biology, ecology, and related fields.
• Experience with care and maintenance of natural displays and exhibits.
• Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
• Training and experience in teaching program to adults and children.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
• When leading a specialty camp, actively participate during waterfront activities by serving as a lookout, swim instructor, boater, buddy or clipboard counselor or as directed by Waterfront Coordinator.
• Have a watch with/on you at all times to ensure that you begin and end your assigned activity on time; cell phones/electronic devices may NOT be used in lieu of a watch.
• Excellent human relation skills, good organizational and communication skills, maturity, patience and able to demonstrate leadership qualities.
• All staff working ACA accredited camps are required to have 24 hours of pre-camp training as a condition of employment.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the YMCA and its capacity to build strong kids, families and communities. The ability to articulate and model YMCA’s four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibilities are essential.
|The previous jobs posted for West Milford, New Jersey, USA are no longer available. New jobs should hopefully appear here soon. Search Here to find other jobs in West Milford, New Jersey, USA or elsewhere that match your skills.|