Pauline Fraisse Art & Culture, Paris:
Pauline Fraisse Art & Culture offers customized year-round and summer drawing and painting classes & workshops in central Paris for adults, artists, art students and children at beginner to advanced levels. Classes are taught in English and French - with short, intensive, scheduled courses in my comfortable studio and/or outdoors, as well as customized art workshops upon request. Learn how to make your own "travel sketchbooks", how to illustrate stories, how to develop painting and creative skills in a fun and pleasant way. Groups welcome! I offer a 5% discount for 2 places booked, 10% discount for 3 places, 15% discount for 4 places.
• My quiet and comfortable studio is located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, a chic and refined neighborhood on the Left Bank (South Side) of the River Seine (near to the Eiffel Tower, the Invalides, and the famous pedestrian street Rue Cler). It is not far from the River Seine and the famous bridge - Pont Alexandre III.
• It is also conveniently close to the metro stations Ecole Militaire and La Tour-Maubourg (Métro Line 8).
• Classes start at the studio where we work from photographs projected onto a screen. The projector is great for working on technique (perspective, proportions, composition..). It feels almost like working outdoors since you face the landscape and look up in front of you (as opposed to working from a small photo on the table).
• If the weather is suitable, we continue sketching outdoors (I lend folding stools to the students), either on Rue Cler, or at the Champ de Mars (Eiffel Tower), or at the Invalides. This is a good way to explore Paris! Discover places that one wouldn't necessarily have gone to using a guidebook or following regular tours.
• I can still take students to other locations during private classes taking place at other dates and times.
Mediums include drawing with pens/ pencil/ ink, sketching with pencil, watercolor painting, acrylic painting and mixed media; oil painting, and more.
• The art classes are always in small groups.
• 3-hour customized courses for adults, at the studio & outdoors (if the weather is suitable), twice a week (on Tuesdays and Fridays). 1 to 4 participants/class.
• 90 minute class for children (ages 5 and over) at the studio on Wednesdays. 1 to 4 participants/class.
• 1 hour course for small children (ages 3-4) at the studio on Wednesdays. 1 to 4 participants/class.
• Private / semi-private art classes available on request. Group prices are available too.
• Corporate / Team Building Workshops on request.
• Painting day-trip for friends or family to Giverny (the location in northern France of the famous gardens and home of impressionist painter Claude Monet)
Customized Art Classes for Kids & Teenagers:
• For groups of 1 to 4 young children or teens ages 4-17 years old, the courses are determined according to age and artistic taste.
• Subjects and themes include architecture, figures, imaginary characters, animals, Paris or other cities, real and imaginary landscape, and more.
• The art courses aim at developing creativity, accuracy of drawing, and pleasure of using your imagination.
• Location drawing (or "travel sketchbooking", as it is usually called in France) is very popular with French people. It is a way to visit places in a fun, new and personal way, while developing art skills.
• Our classes aim at teaching drawing and painting techniques (perspective, color, values, composition, etc.) while developing creativity and a greater sense of observation.
• Learning to realize a travel sketchbook, one gets the best souvenir from the trip, but also learns how to enjoy everyday life differently, how to nourish oneself from observation and detail, and to express one's feelings in a personal and creative way!
Ten Reasons for Travel Sketchbooking:
- To see one's daily life in a different way.
- To prepare for a trip.
- To renew one's drawing techniques.
- To improve one's quick sketching.
- To create a unique encounter with the population and environment of the places one goes to.
- To explore an artistic domain where one can vary approaches, and let one's creativity flow.
- To spend a good weekend, good holidays.
- To share with other location drawing lovers, exchange and travel around a common center of interest.
- To bring back a unique souvenir, share one's experience, and contribute to the ethnographic documentation on a country, a region or a lifestyle.
- To enjoy oneself, and have an activity to offer one's children, partner, or friends, to share while travelling together.
• Pauline Fraisse is a Parisian artist who has been teaching live drawing and Travel sketchbook through workshops, private courses and corporate training since 2010.
• Her students include beginners, non-professional and professional artists, who wish to practice quick sketching, refresh their eye, and enjoy drawing in a different way.
• A writer and a painter, she enjoys travel sketchbooks because they combine words and images, observation and creativity, and because they show various visions of places and people.
• After a curriculum in Literature and a round-the-world trip, Pauline trained in drawing and painting. She continued her training in China for three years, completing travel sketchbooks about Yunnan, Tibet and South-East Asia (Autour du Yunnan, Reflets d’Ailleurs publishers, 2009).
• Her work was exhibited by the French Museum of Postal Services (Musée de la Poste) during its six months exhibition on travel sketchbooks in 2010.
• "Pauline has been the best drawing instructor I have had in my 30 years of drawing. She is great at taking every student at their skill level and working with them. Pauline is very clear with her instructions and takes us to great places to draw. Of course we often stop at a cafe for coffee. She made my experience in Paris unforgettable and I am hoping to return next fall to take more instruction from her. Thank you."
• "From the age of 10 years old, my daughter has spent 4 years having weekly art classes with Pauline - a gauge of quality in itself ! The classes are always with very small groups ensuring optimum conditions in which to work.
Pauline is not only very talented, but kind and patient with her younger pupils and allowing them to develop their own personal ideas (of which my daughter has many!), whilst also pointing them in the right direction from a technical and artistic point of view. I highly recommend Pauline's art classes!"
• "In the freezing weather in early January, and I spent an afternoon that I will never forget! As soon as the beginning of the workshop, Pauline gave us very useful basics for our drawings (value ranges, notions of perspective, figures…), she explained how we were going to feed and construct our drawings (themes to choose, text…).
After a few warming up exercises aimed at putting us at ease with our drawings, we started our report. Pauline was available to each of us, adapting to the different needs, and above all, giving her students much confidence.
I have now followed several of her workshops in Paris. I also took part in a one week workshop in Marrakech. One week of drawing happiness, on the streets as much as during the evening classes, where we were reviewing specific themes.
Last but not least, Pauline’s organization was perfect, which allowed us to be perfectly relaxed and to only think about drawing! I can never thank Pauline enough; Thanks to her I have been drawing and I still draw, and I will not stop!"
• "When I asked each of our children about what they enjoyed most on the 7 weeks in Europe, Hannah thought before saying "sketching, in the studio and especially in the Louvre". You topped Disneyland Pauline, well done!
Thank you for your helpful, gentle guidance. It has been inspirational and the source of happy memories. Some time I will email you a few images of how we have progressed!"
- Diana, Adelaide, Hannah
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 7th Arrondissement, Paris, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.