Art schools in France: Art classes in Paris, culinary arts colleges / cooking schools, fashion design courses, fine arts schools. Find study abroad programs, fashion design schools in France, UK, Italy, Milan, Florence, Rome, Spain, Barcelona, Europe. Écoles d'art de France, écoles de design.
• Discover the world of culinary arts with renowned chefs! Situated in Argenteuil near Paris, Ducasse Education is a leading culinary and pastry school, established by the world-famous chef Alain Ducasse.
• Ducasse Education provides intensive year-round and summer programs for French students, international students, beginner chefs, practicing cooks and continuing education for professional chefs.
• Taught in English or French, the intensive programs combine theory with a high rate of hands-on practice. In our professional culinary programs, students have the opportunity to take part in an internship in a French restaurant selected by Ducasse Education.
• Our programs cover all of the essential functional culinary skills. In addition, they provide in-depth knowledge of products, seasonal availability, nutritional value, preparation methods, health & safety aspects, and applicable technologies.
• Ducasse Education was founded by Alain Ducasse - the legendary award-winning chef, whose restaurants had a combined total of 21 Michelin stars in 2014.
• Culinary students and chefs have benefited from the highest level of instruction at Ducasse Education.
• We also have a training center in Yssingeaux, in the Haute-Loire department in south-central France.
Student Testimonial: "The small class size allowed for close interaction with chef instructors. We used the best products, and made interesting recipes. I found each day to be a unique and rewarding challenge." - Christian, USA
• Culinary Arts Diploma: 5-month skills-building + 3-month internship (taught in English & French)
• Superior Culinary Arts Diploma: 3-month skills-building + 3-month internship (taught in English)
• Bachelor Degree in Culinary Arts: 3-year program (in English & French, with two 5-month internships)
Pastry Arts Programs: • Bachelor Degree in French Pastry Arts (3 years)
• Pastry Arts / Superior Pastry Arts Program
• French Chocolate & Confectionery Arts
• French Bakery Arts
• French Pastry Campus (Summer & Spring)
• At The Candle Academy, we provide top-quality, intensive candle making courses in the South of France. Our school is situated in the perfume capital of the world, Grasse, 30 minutes from Nice International Airport, 16km north of Cannes on the French Riviera.
• Learn from one of the world's top candle designers - Gary Simmons. Whether you want to start your own business, or learn candle making as a hobby, we have a course to suit your needs.
• Our candle making centre provides a calm and relaxing atmosphere for one-on-one training in all aspects of candle designing to manufacturing to marketing. In addition to our hands-on courses, we provide extensive courses online.
• In addition to our French school, we also have a U.S. studio in Stuart, Florida - in Martin County on Florida's Atlantic Coast (80 miles north of Fort Lauderdale and 107 miles north of Miami).
• Candle techniques can take years to learn, yet if taught properly can be learned through formulas (which are highly guarded in the candle making industry today). Everything that is taught by Gary is an accumulation of being active in this marketplace for 20 years, covering every aspect.
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and thats exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"I never imagined that candlemaking could be so exciting and challenging. The course is full of information."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
3.Gastro Academy at the French House Party, Carcassonne
Courses / Programs
• The Gastro Academy at The French House Party is a high-calibre residential French cookery school near the beautiful and historic city of Carcassonne, in the Languedoc-Roussillon area of South West France.
• Carcassonne is only 50 miles from Toulouse which has an international airport. Ryanair also fly directly to Carcassonne from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, and Paris Beauvais international airport.
• Gastro Academy provides all-inclusive cooking holidays for individuals and groups from around the world.
• Cookery classes, taught in English and French, are suitable for anyone passionate about food (from beginners to experienced cooks).
• Our culinary vacations combine superb accommodation, top-quality food, and award-winning Michelin-star French chefs as course tutors.
• We offer scheduled French cooking vacations through Spring, Summer and Autumn, and also tailor-make cookery holidays for groups of 6 or more food & wine enthusiasts, culinary students, hospitality professionals and seniors.
• Recommended in the book “The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life”, French House Party offers superior residential learning courses at an 8-bedroomed house with swimming pool, tennis court and boules pitch.
Testimonial: "Twenty-one hours of French cooking lessons over the course of six days, given by two famous French chefs and voila: I am confident in having mastered the art of French cooking."
- Charlene Peters, examiner.com
Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy is a leading culinary institute with a state-of-the-art school in the South of France, and offers a range of culinary arts certificate & diploma programs to international students from around the world.
Our culinary programs are taught in English at a one star Michelin Level.
Located in Agde, a lively town in a beautiful Mediterranean seaside area in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, our courses include cooking and pastry hands-on classes, practical work experience (internships) and French language courses.
Students receive a French Gourmet Certificate or Diploma on completion of their program.
Our ultimate goal is that our students improve both their skills and knowledge of the food, beverage and gastronomy of the region and France, and the French language, but will also enjoy visiting the region, with its historic cities, varying and beautiful landscapes, and the most productive wine region in the world.
All of our teachers boast years of experience at prestigious, high-end Gastronomic Hotel-Restaurants.
Former students have come from the U.S., Canada, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Spain, Norway & many more. Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy also has a school in Miami, Florida.
Testimonial: "Since I went to France over 3 years ago...I have accomplished everything I expected from myself. Thank you for opening the school and giving me the opportunity to learn and embrace the south of France in such a fun way!"
Paris American Academy (PAA) is an accredited private institution of higher learning offering bachelor degree, semester abroad and summer programs in Fashion, Fine Arts and Interior Design to students from around the world searching for quality career education in these fields.
Established in 1965 by Richard Roy, PAA is located less than a kilometer from Notre-Dame Cathedral in the famous Latin Quarter of Paris, France. All of our programs are taught in English.
During their studies, students can benefit from a French language course integrated into their program.
We also offer a four-week English language course for international students and native French students at elementary to advanced levels of English. The course is designed to prepare them for further studies in English-speaking institutions.
The Paris American Academy is registered by the Académie de Paris, as a private institution of higher learning under the 12 July 1875 jurisdiction.
Our semester abroad programs are available either during the fall or spring semester, and university credits can be earned on the semester programs for transfer to colleges and universities on both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Founded in 1979, MJM Graphic Design provides a wide range of 3-year arts and design courses to students from around the globe.
MJM has schools in Paris (10th Arrondissement), Rennes, Strasbourg and Nantes.
Over the years, the initial conviction has only become stronger and today, MJM Graphic Design enjoys a solid and prestigious reputation of excellence,
Today, former students of our schools officiate within the creative departments of leading designer brands, as members of the 3D animation teams for Shrek or a Monster in Paris, they invent new designs for leading international brands, remodel the most beautiful interiors and give oomph to advertising campaigns.
Based in the Lot and Dordogne regions of South West France, Chateaux Painting Holidays provide 8-day residential art and painting courses that take place in an authentic rural French setting - either a beautiful French renaissance chateau, or a UNESCO world heritage medieval abbey. In addition to our 8-day Residential course, we also provide 1-Day short courses.
Our 8-day courses feature small groups (12 max) of painters from all around the world. The course welcomes all ages, all levels and all abilities, combining painting with real learning in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The courses are absolutely suitable for absolute beginners, and appropriate for advanced level tuition.
International Fashion Academy (IFA) Paris is a leading fashion school located in the historical garment district in the 10th arrondissement in the center of Paris, France. Established in 1982, we offer 3-year Bachelor Degrees in Fashion Design & Technology and Fashion Marketing, and a 1-year intensive postgraduate certificate course in Contemporary Fashion Design.
We also offer graduate programs in the fields of Fashion Business and Luxury Brand Management. All of our fashion programs are taught entirely in the English language.
IFA Paris opened our school in Shanghai, China in 2002, and students on our Bachelor in Fashion Design & Technology degree program are strongly encouraged to study abroad in Shanghai for part of their course. Students on our Bachelor in Fashion Marketing degree spend 10 academic weeks in Shanghai during their second year.
In addition, students can attend POLIMODA which is the top fashion design and marketing school in Italy, as part of the MBA / Masters Program in Luxury Brand Management and as part of the MBA / Masters Program in Fashion Business.
In 2014, IFA Paris will offer 9 scholarships at postgraduate level and 5 scholarships at undergraduate level for programs in our Paris and Shanghai schools. Contact us today for further information on how to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
Pauline Fraisse Art & Culture offers year-round and summer drawing and painting classes & workshops in Paris for adults, artists, art students and children at beginner to advanced levels. Our customised classes are taught in English and French to students from around the world.
Mediums include drawing with colored pens & pencil/ ink, sketching with pencil, watercolor painting, acrylic painting, mixed media & oil painting.
We teach you how to make your own "travel sketchbooks", how to illustrate stories, how to develop painting and creative skills in a fun and pleasant way.
Subjects and themes include traditional French architecture, modern architecture, modern life, real life, still life, motion, imagination.
Our studio is located in the 11th arrondissement of Paris, a trendy and artistic neighborhood on the Right Bank (North Side) of the River Seine, close to the metro stations Parmentier (Métro Line 3), Goncourt (Line 11) and Oberkampf (serving Line 5 and Line 9).
Some classes take place at the studio, while most are outdoor workshops taking place in different areas of the city each time.
It is a good way to explore Paris, discovering places that one wouldn't necessarily have gone to using a guidebook or following regular tours.
Student Testimonial: "Pauline is lovely and fresh and efficient. I learnt so much from her, in such a short time, and in such a fun and interesting way. I felt inspired for weeks in a row by what I learnt from her."
Art Classes / Workshops in Paris:
- For beginner to advanced level students - 4-hour workshops in Paris, throughout the year
- 3-hour workshops in-class and throughout Paris
- Private classes at the Louvre (unavailable in July & August)
- Regular 1-day "Drawing and Writing around Paris" workshops
- Corporate / Team Building workshops
- Private classes / Customized lessons for adults, professional artists, art students, families..
- Customized Classes for groups of 1-3 children
- Painting day-trips in Giverny (home of Claude Monet in northern France)
French Cooking Classes / Holiday Cooking Experiences:
- Three-Day and Five-Day Classes (Normandy)
- One-Day Classes (Paris)
- Cooking Classes for Kids (Normandy & Paris)
- Seafood and More
- Truffle Class
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Paris Market Tours
- Special Interest Class