IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland:
Earn an accredited bachelor's degree in hospitality from a leading Swiss hospitality school! Situated in Lucerne (only an hour's drive from Zurich), IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland provides a wide range of internationally-recognized courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level to students from around the world. We offer a range of Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) degree courses that aim to equip students for the demands of senior management in the tourism, hospitality and corporate event industries. All of our courses are taught through English. Our pathway programs allow students to progress from a Certificate to a Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honours in just two and a half years. Email: Contact us belowBachelor of Arts with Honours Degree Courses - 7 pathways:
These courses are designed for those who have prior qualifications at Higher Diploma level. Validated by Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) in the UK, each 22-week programme is equivalent to the final year of university study. Students, who successfully complete this programme, will receive two degrees - from IMI University Centre, Switzerland and from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
The objective of these programmes is to equip students for the demands of senior management in the tourism, hospitality and corporate event industries. Each programme allows a measure of specialisation in Hospitality, Restaurant, Tourism, Event or European Culinary Management or in some cases, a combination of two fields of study. There are 4 intakes per year: January, March, July and October.
There is a choice of seven contemporary pathways:
- International Hotel Management
- International Tourism Management
- International Hotel and Tourism Management
- International Tourism and Events Management
- International Hotel and Events Management
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Restaurant Management
Core subjects include international food and beverage concept development, international strategy and marketing, international tourism development, MICE management, strategies for evaluating management decisions, and career planning and development. Students receive individualised attention and the curriculum focuses on the strategic business development of hospitality and tourism organisations.
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor Degree Courses:
- IMI Higher Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management or equivalent. Transfers are considered from recognised Hotel/Tourism Management schools or universities.
- Proficiency in English: 525 TOEFL (paper-based), 71 TOEFL (computer-based), 5.5 IELTS, or equivalent. Applicants who do not have the required English level may join the 4-week Intensive English Certificate (IEC) or the 10 week University English Preparatory Course (UEPC).