IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland:
Established in 1991, IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland is a leading hotel management school in Lucerne, in north-central Switzerland. With all programs taught in English, we provide a range of internationally-recognised certificate, diploma and degree courses in the fields of hotel management, international hospitality, tourism, culinary arts, events management, and hospitality entrepreneurship. Lucerne is located in the centre of Europe, approximately an hour's drive from Zurich, which has the closest international airport with connections to cities all over the world.
IMI is a highly specialized hospitality and tourism management institution which educates and trains young, talented individuals from around the globe to take up professional positions in the world’s largest industry. It is one of Switzerlands oldest Hotel Management Schools and is also among the very few Hotel Schools which is 100% Swiss owned. IMI offers internationally recognized qualifications, excellent career prospects, quality training in both theoretical and practical aspects of tourism and hospitality management in association with a top UK hospitality programme. You can go from Certificate to BA honours in only 2.5 years, or choose from one of our prestigious MBAs.
We have deliberately remained small, with a maximum of 220 students per semester. This way our students can be assured of a highly personalised and individual approach to their learning. A qualification from IMI is a stamp of excellence on any CV and will ensure that you are top of the pile for those first important interviews. Our graduates can be found in Senior Management positions all around the Globe. Their success shows that to reach the top it pays to start at the top.
International Student Body:
In any one semester there are around 35 different nationalities represented at IMI. We strictly regulate the mix of the student body to ensure that no one country or culture dominates and that every student gets a truly international experience. IMI also limits the number of students enrolled each semester to 250.
- Our UK academic partner, Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) validates all of our courses ranging from the Certificate to the Masters in Business Administration (MBA) programs. This means that students studying these courses at IMI will receive a stand-alone award from Manchester Metropolitan University with full international recognition, as well a separate award from IMI.
- The Swiss Private School Register: This register certifies high standards of educational services and thereby demonstrates the integrity and credibility of the registered private schools to the public, to authorities and to students.
- BAC (British Accreditation Council) accreditation is regarded by students, agents and governments throughout the world as a very reliable guide to educational quality within the private sector.
- IMI is certified by EDUQUA for all its programmes. EDUQUA is the leading quality label in Switzerland for higher education and accredits over 880 schools, institutes and academies throughout the country.
- IMI is certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which is the world's largest developer and publisher of international standards. IMI was one of the first Swiss Colleges to meet ISO's exacting standards of 9001:2000 showing that its commitment to continual improvement in quality.
- IMI has been awarded the top level of QQQ from Swiss Tourism. There are ONLY 3 Hotel Management Schools which have been accredited with this label of superior quality.
- National Memberships: Swiss Federation of Private Schools; Luzerne Tourism; Schweiz Tourismus.
- International Memberships: AEHT - Association Européenne des Ecoles d'Hôtellerie et de Tourisme (European Association of Hotel and Tourism Schools); PATA - Pacific Asia Travel Association; Institute of Hospitality.
Postgraduate Degree & Diploma Courses
- MBA in International Hospitality Management
- IMI Luzern MBA: Specializations in Sustainable Hotel and Tourism Management, Social Media Marketing, Swiss Hotel Management Operations, or Luxury Brands and Services Management.
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel and Events Management
Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) Degree Courses:
International Hotel Management; International Tourism Management; International Hotel and Tourism Management; International Tourism and Events Management; International Hotel and Events Management; Hospitality Entrepreneurship & Restaurant Management.
IMI Higher Diploma Courses:
International Hotel Management; International Tourism Management; International Hotel and Tourism Management; International Tourism and Events Management; International Hotel and Events Management; Restaurant Management; Hospitality Entrepreneurship.
Further Undergraduate Hospitality Courses:
- Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management
- Certificate in International Hotel and Tourism Management
English Language Courses:
- University English Preparatory Programme (UEPP) - Offered at 4 levels for students who need to improve their English level to the entry standard before commencing their IMI programme.
- Pre-Sessional English Course (PSEC) - Offered at 3 levels for students who already meet the required standard of English for their chosen course but would like to refresh their language skills. Students on the PSEC courses join the last four weeks of an equivalent UEPP course.
All courses are taught through English. However, students may also learn an additional language (French, German or Spanish). Having a knowledge of a second language enhances one's employability.
Further Undergraduate & Graduate Programs:
- MA in International Event Management
- MA in Tourism Planning & Management
- MA in Global Strategic Management
- Undergraduate course in Global Business Management
Our internship office will help you to find suitable and challenging positions, both in Switzerland and abroad, through our excellent network of contacts in the industry. You are entitled to take a paid practical training after every semester although only one is compulsory. Internships are tailored to your individual needs to allow you to develop and hone the skills learnt in the classroom.
The fact that we promise to find job opportunities for all our graduates makes us exceptional among hotel schools. Our excellent industry contacts and on-campus recruitment mean that during your time at IMI you will attend inspirational presentations and interview with major hotel chains and industry leaders. During your first few weeks at IMI, you will meet with our Head of Internships, Careers and Alumni to start your personal development programme. We aim to ensure that you make the right course and internship choices to complement your personal strengths and aspirations.
Lucerne is ideally located in the center of Europe in the German-speaking region of Switzerland. One of the main tourist hubs as well as a University town, Lucerne is a vibrant lakeside city. It offers history, culture, modern facilities & opportunities for artistic and sporting activities like sailing, surfing, skiing, nordic walking, (mountain-) biking, canooeing, horse riding all within 1 hours reach from the IMI campus). It is one of the most beautiful and scenic regions of Switzerland.
Lucerne has established a reputation as a worldwide tourism hub. Every day thousands of tourists stroll around the beautiful city, sipping coffee after extensive shopping or after a nice walk along Lake Luzern's shoreline. Lucerne is served by excellent road and rail links, and just 180km from Geneva and 65km from Berne. The IMI campus enjoys an enviable location on the shores of Lake Luzern yet is only ten minutes away by car or public transport from the thriving city of Lucerne.
While studying at IMI, students are accommodated in single or twin rooms on campus, with a breathtaking view of either Lake Lucerne, or the Alps. IMI also has fully equipped and spacious accommodation in the centre of Luzern. This option is suitable for students or visitors who wish to rent for the short to midterm only. Rooms are offered with reasonable rents with flexible periods of stay. Rental price includes all costs, shared kitchen and wireless Internet.
"..I have completed the MBA course and my time at IMI, and I can honestly say it was everything I had hoped for and more. The professors at IMI are truly inspirational, and want only the best for each student. The experience level of the professors here is top notch, with most having PHD’s and extensive hospitality experience. It is not often that you will find a prior GM of a hotel with a PHD as your professor as I had here at IMI. You quickly adapt to new cultures (as there are over 30 different nationalities) and learn how to work in a diverse environment. The school is small and has a family feel..
I learned more in these 6 months (academically and personally) than I learned in my 4 years at a top hospitality university in the USA...The MBA program has fully prepared me to be a leader in the industry and I feel extremely confident stepping back into the workforce. I HIGHLY recommend IMI as the Hospitality University of choice." - Leslie, USA
"During my Post Graduate Diploma studies, I interviewed on campus with Walt Disney World. Currently I am working as a Regional Accounts Manager in Atlanta, GA. I manage 11 stores and about 70 employees, I am really excited about my future!" - Muhammad
"At IMI I was given the opportunity to connect with students from various parts of the world and a very good faculty who guided me and gave me the support needed for my personal and career growth. Their continuous support helped me achieve the role of General Manager" - Neil
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Seeacherweg 1, Kastanienbaum, Lucerne, Switzerland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.