IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland:
IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland is a leading hotel management school in Lucerne, in Switzerland in the centre of Europe. We offer a range of internationally-recognised and accredited certificate, diploma and degree courses in the fields of hospitality, tourism, culinary arts and events management. The language of instruction is English.Email: Contact us belowIMI Higher Diplomas & Diploma HE (Higher Education) Courses:
Course Duration: 22 weeks. There are 4 intakes per year: January, March, July and October.
These courses are designed for students wi
th an interest in rapidly achieving junior management positions and who already have relevant qualifications and / or experience. Each of these programmes are equivalent to the third year of university. They allow a measure of single or combined specialization in either international hotel management, tourism management or events management. Students who successfully complete this programme, will receive two awards - from IMI University Centre, Switzerland and from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
The course options are as follows:
- International Hotel Management
- International Tourism Management
- International Hotel and Tourism Management
- International Tourism and Events Management
- International Hotel and Events Management
- Restaurant Management
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship
All of our higher diploma courses share a common core of higher-level management subjects, with an emphasis on business development, including human resource management, enterprise development and appraisal, and corporate financial planning. Specialisation is possible in tourism and transport, purchasing, food and beverage management and food costing, tourism consumer behaviour, merchandising and control. In addition, our courses also offer opportunities for learning and developing foreign language skills, as well as higher management skills, for example, data analysis and negotiation.
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- IMI Diploma or equivalent qualification
- High school certificate or equivalent eg GCSE O/A Levels
- Proficiency in English: 500 TOEFL (paper-based), 61 TOEFL (computer-based), 5.0 IELTS, or equivalent. Applicants who do not have the required English level may join the 4-week Intensive English Certificate (IEC) or the 10-week University English Preparatory Course (UEPC).