Top interior design school in Singapore, Asia for local and international students: Reviews of interior design courses in Singapore: Interior design certificate & advanced interior design diploma program to study abroad in Singapore taught in English for American, UK, Indian, Australian, international students.
Inspiration Design International School, Singapore: Student Reviews & Testimonials of Inspiration Design International School (also branded as IDIS), Singapore's premier private education provider for interior design knowledge, high-quality teaching and professional skills development:
Email:Contact us below
• "Studying in one of the established Interior Design schools (Inspiration Design) in Singapore is one of the best decisions that I have made. Although I need to work full-time during the day, Inspiration offers a part-time Advanced Diploma in Interior Design course during the evening, where the timing is very convenient for students with working commitments and who wish to upgrade and upskill.
The team of lecturers are very helpful towards their students and keep us motivated throughout the entire course. They are willing to spend extra time to teach us even after the classes have finished. Inspiration provides quality, formal education in Interior Design, and is very well recognized in the design industry. Besides, studying here has provided me with a very good platform and allowed me to find work overseas as an Interior Designer in New Zealand. Thank you, Inspiration." - Kenny Choi, Singapore • "I enrolled in an Advanced Diploma in Interior Design course at Inspiration Design international School in 2007 and graduated in 2009. The course is comprehensive and the lecturers are very hands-on and knowledgeable as the majority of them have worked or is currently working in the trade. Having graduated from inspiration design international school with a good portfolio, I was accepted to Lasalle College of the Arts in Singapore to study a BA Honors in Interior Design, I graduated in 2010, having been credited with my 2 years at inspiration design international school as the Degree course is 4 years long.
I believe that the foundation laid by inspiration design international school sent me on my way to achieving my goal. I now reside in the USA and have enrolled in a 2nd BA degree in Interior Design, concentrating on American codes and styles. I wish all who enroll to study at inspirational design school great success in their endeavours." - Desiree, South African living in USA
• "My day job is irrelevant to any design industry, however I always had a passion in Architecture and Interior Design. When I found out Inspiration Design International School offers evening part-time Diploma in Interior Design, I took a leap of faith and enrolled into their 18-months course. The class timings were very convenient for me as I continued my day job and the schedule was not hectic, understanding students with work commitments.
My experience in IDIS as well as the friendly interaction with the staff and teachers who are designers by profession had been wonderful. In a broad view, the school provided us, their students, a comprehensive and quality-designed education. Lecturers dived into the fundamentals of design, emphasizing the importance for students to have a firm foundation which later serves as a basis for us to explore and branch out our creativity into school projects. Lectures were interactive among teachers and students as real life examples were laid out for discussion and learning extracted from lecturers' past projects and experience as well as world renowned designs and the evolution of design.
From an individual student point of view, the school puts effort into understanding each students' strengths and weaknesses. From which, the teachers provide specific guidance, challenging each one of my creative thinking, spurring me to do more self-study, broadening and liberating my view of design. My time in Inspiration Design International School was a fruitful, rewarding, thankful and enjoyable journey." - VIOLET, Singapore
• "I’ve always had a passion for Interior Design and sought to turn this passion into a potential career. I took an online course in Interior Design in 2020 and upon completion; decided it wasn’t enough and that I wanted something more substantial to hone my skills in Interior Design. I chanced upon Inspiration as I was searching for design schools in Singapore and decided to take a leap of faith since they offered what I was searching for. The program I joined is a part time program that mainly caters to working professionals, meaning that I can interact with likeminded people and share ideas with one another.
The lecturers are all current practitioners in the field and they encourage us to explore all possibilities, striving to help us realise our fullest potential. It has been memorable ever since I started my journey here and I have made many valuable relationships here with peers and mentors alike. Thank you to Inspiration for impacting my mindset and preparing me for future industry practice." - Alison Chua, Singapore
• "Although I am trained as a professional civil and structural engineer, I have a strong passion for architecture and building-related design. Inspiration Design International School has given me the opportunity to approach architectural interior design. Within a 24-month design programme, I have gained well- rounded knowledge not only in aspects of interior design but also in management.
I found that Inspiration is not only recognized by a range of international institutions and universities, but it is also good in nurturing creative and innovative practitioners. The lecturers are professionals and they have shared their design experiences to lead the students to understand and create “ART”. I believe that merging my engineering background with interior design knowledge will assist me in succeeding in my career." - Lee Kher Ren, Singapore
• "As a graphic designer for the past 20 years, I decided to upgrade my knowledge. My first decision was to choose Inspiration Design international School to further my study in Interior Design.
I love the study environment, the class size is just nice, allowing maximum interactivity between the lecturer and us. There is also more opportunity to learn and share from fellow course mates who comes from all walks of life. I gained more by learning about their various working experiences, and we become friends too.
The teachers are very knowledgeable, experienced and helpful. Instead of spoon-feeding, they deployed an inquisitive approach, letting us think and find out the answers on our own, and we learn from our mistakes and experiences; But they will always be there to assist us when we are “stuck”. They are also very open to allow us to discuss and brainstorm every possible outcome relating to any subject in class. The Principal of the school Mr. Tay, especially loves to share his own life and working experience with us, we learnt a lot from them.
"I am very thankful for IDIS and the lecturers who molded and shaped me to become a better designer, developing my personal and professional skills and broadening my creative thinking. I truly enjoyed my 18 months with Inspiration." - Corrine, Malaysia
• "I joined the school with a real desire to learn about interior design. Before coming to Singapore, I had been very interested in the subject and had carried out many trial projects on my own in family’s and friends’ houses.
Inspiration Design International School taught me how to focus my attention and how to develop the skills that I have been taught by some very professional lecturers. Our classes on computer aided design, in which we learnt programmes, such as 3DS Max and Autocad, were great fun and very informative.
My lessons here have set me in great shape for the future. Thank you Inspiration for all the enriching experience I have had here." - Katarzyna, Poland; Graduated with Diploma in Interior Design.