Inspiration Design International School:
Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Inspiration Design International School was Singapore’s first boutique design school (established in 1989). Inspiration Design International School is Singapore's premier private education provider for interior design knowledge and skills, dedicated to the professional disciplines of interior design programs ranging from certificates, diploma to advanced diploma courses (taught in English).
- To attain world-class quality professional skills.
- To become a competent and creative designer.
- Get employed after graduation with the support from our school.
Quality Interior Design & Specialist Design Education:
• Inspiration Design International School aspires to create professional and innovative designers in their chosen field through its quality design education.
• For more than two decades, Inspiration Design International School has been committed to preparing students for entry into the interior design profession by providing the educational foundation for design practice in global markets.
• Our students also enjoy a diverse, inclusive learning environment at our award-winning faculty, distinguished for their industry experience and mentoring, and research opportunities on-campus and off-, from internships with industry leaders to overseas visitations.
• In March 2013, we were awarded the Singapore Brands Award 2012/13, which recognises outstanding local enterprises and serves as the industry’s benchmark of quality and excellence.
• Our Core Values: Professionalism, Innovation, Care.
• Our Mission is to be Singapore’s leading independent design school, dedicated to providing an exemplary educational service that creates professional and innovative designers from local and overseas talent.
• We equip our students with world-class quality professional skills to become competent and creative designers, who bring diversity and dynamism into their chosen design environment, wherever located.
• Drawing on the resources of a vibrant global city, with its hands-on education and multinational team of lecturers cum practitioners, Inspiration teaches students to consider sociocultural, functional and aesthetic dimensions of the built environment and prepares graduates for the professional world of architecture & interior design.
• Inspiration Design International School is registered with the Singapore Committee for Private Education (CPE), and is recognized by a range of international institutions and universities.
• Inspiration is also an Autodesk Authorized Training Centre.
• We offer Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses in Interior Design to students from Singapore and around the globe.
• In addition, we have a range of short and specialist certificate courses for beginners who seek to master the basics and fundamentals of interior design. Our English-taught programmes and courses can be undertaken on a full-time or part-time basis.
Advanced Diploma in Interior Design
• Full-time / Part-time
• Requires a final 6 months to achieve
Diploma in Interior Design
• Full-time / Part-time
• Requires an additional 6 months to achieve after foundation
Certificate in Interior Design
• Full-time / Part-time (12 month Interior Design Foundation course)
• Autodesk 3DS Max
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Google SketchUp
• Adobe Photoshop
• Perspective Drawing
• Small Space Design
• Furniture Knowledge
• Light and Lighting Interiors
• Exhibition/Visual Merchandiser Design
• BIM Architecture Modelling (Autodesk Revit)
Further Specialist Certificate Courses:
• Interior Design for Home Owners
• Interior Finishes - Surface Boundaries of the Space
• Interior Scales - Space Planning and Proportion
• Interior Design for Residential Project
• The Visual Language of Interior Design
• Design for Commercial Space
• Exhibition Design
• Styles of Interior
• Furniture Art and Accessories
• Fabrics, Window Treatment and Textiles
• Colour Application and Lighting Design
• Colour - Learn How to Use Colour Fearlessly
Inspiration Design International School students have consistently clinched top prizes in various design competitions, some of which are organised by the Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC). Some of our most notable achievements include:
• Awarded GOLD for Flip! Challenge for three consecutive years in 2005, 2006, 2007, beating entries from public and private institutions, including local polytechnics and universities.
• In March 2012, Inspiration Design International School won the 48 Hour Challenge Showroom Makeover
Other participating schools were local government schools, Temasek Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, and private art schools, Laselle College and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
Those who chose to join the workforce are highly sought after by industry players, while others have gone on to further their studies in countries such as New Zealand, the U.K. and Australia.
Studio managers, who are practising designers themselves, are well-qualified and recognised for their industry experience and mentoring. Students have close working relationships with the faculty, and receive a high level of support from tutors in our design studios.
• According to Mercer’s 2011 Quality of Living Survey, Singapore topped the list for quality of life in Asia. A survey by human resources consultancy ECA International in 2010 comparing 254 international locations found that Asian expatriates ranked Singapore as their preferred city to study and live in.
• What makes living in Singapore such a vibrant experience? It has to be its quality of life, easy regional access, low crime rates, political stability, high standards of infrastructure and healthcare, as well as a cosmopolitan lifestyle.
• Strategically located in the Heart of Asia, Singapore is the world’s gateway to Southeast Asia. English is also the language of business and instruction, and can be an environment conducive for students to improve their standards of the language.
• "I enrolled in an Advanced Diploma in Interior Design course at Inspiration Design international School in 2007 and graduated in 2009. The course is comprehensive and the lecturers are very hands-on and knowledgeable as the majority of them have worked or is currently working in the trade. Having graduated from inspiration design international school with a good portfolio, I was accepted to Lasalle College of the Arts in Singapore to study a BA Honors in Interior Design, I graduated in 2010, having been credited with my 2 years at inspiration design international school as the Degree course is 4 years long.
I believe that the foundation laid by inspiration design international school sent me on my way to achieving my goal. I now reside in the USA and have enrolled in a 2nd BA degree in Interior Design, concentrating on American codes and styles. I wish all who enroll to study at inspirational design school great success in their endeavours."
- Desiree Gaunt, South African living in USA
• "My day job is irrelevant to any design industry, however I always had a passion in Architecture and Interior Design. When I found out Inspiration Design International School offers evening part-time Diploma in Interior Design, I took a leap of faith and enrolled into their 18-months course. The class timings were very convenient for me as I continued my day job and the schedule was not hectic, understanding students with work commitments.
My experience in IDIS as well as the friendly interaction with the staff and teachers who are designers by profession had been wonderful. In a broad view, the school provided us, their students, a comprehensive and quality-designed education. Lecturers dived into the fundamentals of design, emphasizing the importance for students to have a firm foundation which later serves as a basis for us to explore and branch out our creativity into school projects. Lectures were interactive among teachers and students as real life examples were laid out for discussion and learning extracted from lecturers' past projects and experience as well as world renowned designs and the evolution of design.
From an individual student point of view, the school puts effort into understanding each students' strengths and weaknesses. From which, the teachers provide specific guidance, challenging each one of my creative thinking, spurring me to do more self-study, broadening and liberating my view of design. My time in Inspiration Design International School was a fruitful, rewarding, thankful and enjoyable journey."
- VIOLET, Singapore
• "As a graphic designer for the past 20 years, I decided to upgrade my knowledge. My first decision was to choose Inspiration Design international School to further my study in Interior Design.
I love the study environment, the class size is just nice, allowing maximum interactivity between the lecturer and us. There is also more opportunity to learn and share from fellow course mates who comes from all walks of life. I gained more by learning about their various working experiences, and we become friends too.
The teachers are very knowledgeable, experienced and helpful. Instead of spoon-feeding, they deployed an inquisitive approach, letting us think and find out the answers on our own, and we learn from our mistakes and experiences; But they will always be there to assist us when we are “stuck”. They are also very open to allow us to discuss and brainstorm every possible outcome relating to any subject in class. The Principal of the school Mr. Tay, especially loves to share his own life and working experience with us, we learnt a lot from them.
"I am very thankful for IDIS and the lecturers who molded and shaped me to become a better designer, developing my personal and professional skills and broadening my creative thinking. I truly enjoyed my 18 months with Inspiration."
- Corrine, Malaysia
• "If you are about to join the Inspiration Design International School, you have to know that you are not just enrolling in a course to learn or to improve your knowledge about interior design or software. Inspiration Design is much more than that.
After my graduation, I was constantly building my skill set and interest in this field. In 2017 I got my internship, and I explored more about interior design, problem-solving, project management and technical drawings. This October I’m starting my postgraduate program in Istituto Marangoni in Milan.
The professionalism and the enthusiasm of the cardinal teachers and the management staff are second to none. They are approachable, extremely helpful and provide an accommodating atmosphere. The School assisted me with all my needs, and they monitored my improvements daily.
I would recommend Inspiration Design International School to anyone who is passionate about interior design and looking for an avenue to learn and appreciate design better. This school can lead you to many employment and career opportunities, and it doesn’t end with being an interior designer. You can be a professor, a contractor, a project manager, and so much more."
Paulina Maria (Poland)
CPE Registration No. / UEN: 199402914W
Period of Registration: 06/12/2017 – 05/12/2021
Specific Contact Pages: - Certificate Courses
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 60 Albert Street, #15-11/12 OG Albert Complex, 189969, Singapore, Singapore|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.