Inspiration Design International School, Singapore:
Celebrating 33 years in business and conveniently located in the heart of the city, Inspiration Design International School was founded as Singapore's first boutique design school. Today, Inspiration Design International School (also branded as IDIS) is Singapore's premier private education provider for interior design knowledge, high-quality teaching and professional skills development, dedicated to the professional disciplines of interior design programs ranging from certificates, diploma to advanced diploma courses taught in English.
1. Established history of 33 years in the design education industry.
2. Part time studies to cater to working professionals.
3. Courses taught by academically qualified professional industry practitioners who share knowledge from their years of experience in the field.
4. Central location that is easily accessible.
5. Shorter part-time course duration to achieve qualifications as opposed to traditional full-time institutions.
6. Project based assessment to give students real life practical experience that is applicable for future industry practice.
7. Prior Learning Program that credits students who have relevant work experiences / qualifications.
8. Student body that consists of students from various nationalities and background, allowing for exchange of ideas and cultures.
9. Industry talks that are arranged for students to learn the latest trends from leading industry experts.
10. Long list of achievements and awards accredited to students from various industry players.
11. Students who have successfully completed the Advanced Diploma in Interior Design
course have been accredited for the first 2 years by various UK and Australia universities,
only having to do the final year in order to obtain a Bachelor’s degree.
Quality Interior Design & Specialist Design Education:
• Inspiration Design International School aspires to create professional and innovative designers in their chosen field through its quality design education.
• For more than two decades, Inspiration Design International School has been committed to preparing students for entry into the interior design profession by providing the educational foundation for design practice in global markets.
• Our students also enjoy a diverse, inclusive learning environment at our award-winning faculty, distinguished for their industry experience and mentoring, and research opportunities on-campus and off-, from internships with industry leaders to overseas visitations.
• Our Core Values: Professionalism, Innovation, Care.
• Our Mission is to be Singapore’s leading independent design school, dedicated to providing an exemplary educational service that creates professional and innovative designers from local and overseas talent.
• We equip our students with world-class quality professional skills to become competent and creative designers, who bring diversity and dynamism into their chosen design environment, wherever located.
• Drawing on the resources of a vibrant global city, with its hands-on education and multinational team of lecturers cum practitioners, Inspiration teaches students to consider sociocultural, functional and aesthetic dimensions of the built environment and prepares graduates for the professional world of architecture & interior design.
• Inspiration Design International School is registered with the Singapore Committee for Private Education (CPE).
• Inspiration is also an Autodesk Authorized Training Centre.
• We offer Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses in Interior Design to students from Singapore and around the globe.
• In addition, we have a range of short and specialist certificate courses for beginners who seek to master the basics and fundamentals of interior design. Our English-taught programmes and courses can be undertaken on a full-time or part-time basis.
Advanced Diploma in Interior Design
• Full-time / Part-time
• Requires a final 6 months to achieve
Diploma in Interior Design
• Full-time / Part-time
• Requires an additional 6 months to achieve after foundation
Certificate in Interior Design
• Full-time / Part-time (12 month Interior Design Foundation course)
Further Upcoming Design Courses at our school in Singapore:
• Diploma in Product Design
• Advanced Diploma in Product Design
• Diploma in Furniture and Spatial Design
• Advanced Diploma in Furniture and Spatial Design
• Diploma in Facilities Project Management
• Advanced Diploma in Facilities Project Management
• Diploma in Environmental Design
• Advanced Diploma in Environmental Design
(Contact us for details)
• Autodesk 3DS Max
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Google SketchUp
• Adobe Photoshop
• Perspective Drawing
• Small Space Design
• Furniture Knowledge
• Light and Lighting Interiors
• Exhibition/Visual Merchandiser Design
• BIM Architecture Modelling (Autodesk Revit)
Further Specialist Certificate Courses:
• Interior Design for Home Owners
• Interior Finishes - Surface Boundaries of the Space
• Interior Scales - Space Planning and Proportion
• Interior Design for Residential Project
• The Visual Language of Interior Design
• Design for Commercial Space
• Exhibition Design
• Styles of Interior
• Furniture Art and Accessories
• Fabrics, Window Treatment and Textiles
• Colour Application and Lighting Design
• Colour - Learn How to Use Colour Fearlessly
Inspiration Design International School students have consistently clinched top prizes in various design competitions, some of which are organised by the Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC). Some of our most notable recent achievements include:
• Playhouse Mediacorp Competition 2017.
• In March 2012, Inspiration Design International School won the 48 Hour Challenge Showroom Makeover
Other participating schools were local government schools, Temasek Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, and private art schools, Laselle College and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
Those who chose to join the workforce are highly sought after by industry players, while others have gone on to further their studies in countries such as New Zealand, the U.K. and Australia.
Studio managers, who are practising designers themselves, are well-qualified and recognised for their industry experience and mentoring. Students have close working relationships with the faculty, and receive a high level of support from tutors in our design studios.
• "Studying in one of the established Interior Design schools (Inspiration Design) in Singapore is one of the best decisions that I have made. Although I need to work full-time during the day, Inspiration offers a part-time Advanced Diploma in Interior Design course during the evening, where the timing is very convenient for students with working commitments and who wish to upgrade and upskill.
The team of lecturers are very helpful towards their students and keep us motivated throughout the entire course. They are willing to spend extra time to teach us even after the classes have finished. Inspiration provides quality, formal education in Interior Design, and is very well recognized in the design industry. Besides, studying here has provided me with a very good platform and allowed me to find work overseas as an Interior Designer in New Zealand. Thank you, Inspiration."
- Kenny Choi, Singapore
• "I’ve always had a passion for Interior Design and sought to turn this passion into a potential career. I took an online course in Interior Design in 2020 and upon completion; decided it wasn’t enough and that I wanted something more substantial to hone my skills in Interior Design. I chanced upon Inspiration as I was searching for design schools in Singapore and decided to take a leap of faith since they offered what I was searching for. The program I joined is a part time program that mainly caters to working professionals, meaning that I can interact with likeminded people and share ideas with one another.
The lecturers are all current practitioners in the field and they encourage us to explore all possibilities, striving to help us realise our fullest potential. It has been memorable ever since I started my journey here and I have made many valuable relationships here with peers and mentors alike. Thank you to Inspiration for impacting my mindset and preparing me for future industry practice."
- Alison Chua, Singapore
• "Although I am trained as a professional civil and structural engineer, I have a strong passion for architecture and building-related design. Inspiration Design International School has given me the opportunity to approach architectural interior design. Within a 24-month design programme, I have gained well- rounded knowledge not only in aspects of interior design but also in management. I found that Inspiration is not only recognized by a range of international institutions and universities, but it is also good in nurturing creative and innovative practitioners. The lecturers are professionals and they have shared their design experiences to lead the students to understand and create “ART”. I believe that merging my engineering background with interior design knowledge will assist me in succeeding in my career."
- Lee Kher Ren, Singapore
• "My day job is irrelevant to any design industry, however I always had a passion in Architecture and Interior Design. When I found out Inspiration Design International School offers evening part-time Diploma in Interior Design, I took a leap of faith and enrolled into their 18-months course. The class timings were very convenient for me as I continued my day job and the schedule was not hectic, understanding students with work commitments.
My experience in IDIS as well as the friendly interaction with the staff and teachers who are designers by profession had been wonderful. My time in Inspiration Design International School was a fruitful, rewarding, thankful and enjoyable journey."
- VIOLET, Singapore
• "If you are about to join the Inspiration Design International School, you have to know that you are not just enrolling in a course to learn or to improve your knowledge about interior design or software. Inspiration Design is much more than that.
After my graduation, I was constantly building my skill set and interest in this field. In 2017 I got my internship, and I explored more about interior design, problem-solving, project management and technical drawings. This October I’m starting my postgraduate program in Istituto Marangoni in Milan.
The professionalism and the enthusiasm of the cardinal teachers and the management staff are second to none. They are approachable, extremely helpful and provide an accommodating atmosphere. The School assisted me with all my needs, and they monitored my improvements daily.
I would recommend Inspiration Design International School to anyone who is passionate about interior design and looking for an avenue to learn and appreciate design better. This school can lead you to many employment and career opportunities, and it doesn’t end with being an interior designer. You can be a professor, a contractor, a project manager, and so much more."
Paulina Maria (Poland)
CPE Registration No. / UEN: 199402914W
Period of Registration: 06/12/2021 – 05/12/2025
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 60 Albert Street, #15-11/12 OG Albert Complex, 189969, Singapore, Singapore|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.