Contact Page - Medical Records Tech Training, Houston TX
Milestone Technical Institute, Houston:
Are you searching for quality medical records technician training in Houston TX? Conveniently located in Southwest Houston, Milestone Technical Institute is an accredited career school providing a range of short-term IT training programs with in-class and online study options, including our 12-week Medical Records and Health Information Technician program. Tuition assistance is available for those who are recently unemployed and receiving benefits, and for military members. Milestone Technical Institute is an approved vendor for Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Service (DARS).Email: Contact us belowMedical Records and Health Information Technician:
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Study Options: In-class & Online
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge that IT professionals need to implement, deploy and support healthcare IT systems.
Graduates can work in clinical settings that range from individual practices to healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and clinics of all sizes.
Students will be able to become proficient in the use of popular EMR/EHR software such as Epic, MedWare and other emerging technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Auditing patient health records for compliance
• Abstract clinical information for reports
• Training and support of nursing staff
• Basic coding for reimbursement claims
• Processing of Release of Information (ROI) requests for medical records
• Reviewing health records to ensure completion and accuracy
• Collecting demographic and insurance information
• Use of popular EMR / EHR software
Possible Job Titles / Career Options:
- Healthcare Help Desk Specialist or Technician, Technical and Software Support staff, Health Information Specialist, Medical Records Analyst, Medical Records Clerk / Coordinator / Director, Registered Health Information Technician...
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2020-10-20 were from: