Westside Montessori Center, Toledo:
With three campuses in Toledo and Perrysburg, within the Great Lakes Region in Lucas County in northern Ohio, West Side Montessori Center is a private school for children thirteen months through eighth grade serving the communities of Toledo, Sylvania, Perrysburg, Southeast Michigan, and surrounding areas. The Montessori method is an alternative to traditional methods. It uses a hands-on approach that follows the child’s natural development. The curriculum is based upon the methodology developed by Dr. Maria Montessori and combines a rich academic program with life skills that focus on the development of the whole child.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).
Independence, responsibility an
d respect, valuing diversity, problem solving, and understanding the interconnectedness of the world are skills practiced daily in the classroom. West Side Montessori Center is recognized by the American Montessori Society as one of the best Montessori schools nationwide. The school has been encouraging academic excellence in a nurturing, child-centered environment for over 30 years. We are accredited by the American Montessori Society and NCA/CITA and meet all State of Ohio curriculum requirements for K-8.
Courses / Programs
- Programs for toddlers through 8th grade
- Little House Porgram (13 months to 3 years)
- Pre-Primary Program (3 to 6 years)
- Lower Elementary School (Grades 1 to 3)
- Upper Elementary School (Grades 4 to 6)
- Middle School (Grades 7 and 8)
- Subjects include math, English, science, social studies, foreogn languages, music, P.E.
- After School Program with flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet lessons or involvment in band
- Child Care available on a regular or as needed basis between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm