Arts University Bournemouth (AUB):
Join us at Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) for an educational and cultural summer experience to remember! Established in 1885, AUB is a leading provider of high-quality creative arts education to UK & international students, recognised as one of the UK’s leading arts university. Situated on the coast, less than 2 hours south of London by train, the University offers a range of 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ in a range of fields including Animation, Fashion, Make-up, Film Making, Architecture, Drawing & Illustration and Portfolio Preparation for Art. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students aged 14-16 year olds. Our new 2 week course "Creative Thinking & Skills Development" is for students 18 years of age and over. A study package including accommodation, meals & activities is available to students if required.
When you join one of our summer courses, you will have access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities, modern equipment and one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England.
You will meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
3 Week Creative Summer Courses:
- 23 July to 9 August 2019, for ages 16+
- For individuals, college students, senior high school students and adults, from ages 16+
- All students taking part in one of our summer courses will receive an official AUB Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion.
- Students also have the opportunity while on the course, to attend an interview for a place on any of AUB’s 1 year Foundation or BA and MA courses.
• British Architecture & Design
• Introduction to Animation
• Drawing & Illustration
• Fashion Design & Styling
• Creative Make-up Academy
• Practical Filmmaking
• Portfolio Preparation for the Arts
We also offer a summer residential programme to compliment the above creative arts courses, which can be booked separately from the course itself. The majority of summer course students choose to book this as it is good value – but it is entirely optional.
The Residential package includes:
- Accommodation in our Halls of Residence, (single occupancy room with en-suite bathroom)
- Breakfast and lunch (Monday - Friday)
- Halls/AUB bus transfer
- Some evening social activities
- Trip to London
All-inclusive residential course for students of ages 14 to 16 years old
29 July – 9 August 2019
Sessions / topics include:
• Animation, Digital Photography, Drawing, Fashion, Graphic Design, Illustration, Mixed Media, Print Making, Adobe Packages, Stop Motion Animation.
The Creative Arts summer school course delivers exciting, hands-on arts education, combining creative teaching with stimulating workshops and practical sessions.
This is a 2-week all-inclusive residential course specifically designed for young students with a keen interest in the arts and in design, providing them with an exciting experience to explore creative pathways and develop skills for the future.
The all-inclusive programme includes:
- All teaching and materials
- Halls of Residence accommodation
- All meals
- Evening and weekend activities
- London airport transfers
- Portfolio reviews
- Certificate of Attendance.
2-week course alone without accommodation:
There is also the option of booking just the 2-week course alone for 14 to 16 years old teenagers without lodging, and this includes:
- All teaching and course materials
- Portfolio review
- Certificate of Attendance
Ideal for adult students wishing to develop their thinking skills, breaking traditional patterns and reaching for fresh approaches to dealing with situations and problems. The world and society are advancing at a remarkable pace and creative problem solving is an essential skill for the 21st century. Perfect for students from all walks of life, the course aims to act as a foundation for both professional and personal development.
Certificate of Attendance from the UK’s Leading Arts University:
Students of our summer courses receive an official AUB Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion which may be used to demonstrate skills and knowledge, to add to a CV or portfolio, or as evidence of practical work undertaken and knowledge for credits-awarded further education you may undertake.
• One of the specialities at Arts University Bournemouth are our Short Course Study Abroad options.
• Designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying, our short study abroad courses let you work fully integrated alongside degree or diploma students for one, two or three terms in an exciting, world famous creative University.
• You may have limited previous experience and wish to join a basic level introductory course or you may have a degree already and wish to practice your skills in the UK with advanced students.
• Your abilities and qualifications will be assessed before you are offered a place, and we will discuss the most suitable programme of learning with you.
• All students are asked to submit examples of work with their application.
“I just want to say how deeply thankful I am for all that I learned with all of you, especially Mark, our tutor. Today I got offered a photography job working with high fashion clothes for brides and prestigious events.”
- Drielle, Brazil
“I really enjoyed not only the course but my whole experience at AUB during the summer – my only complaint is that it only lasted 3 weeks!”
- Andrew, UK
“The skills I have learnt in just 3 weeks are invaluable for my future in the theatre industry – thank you so much!”
- Jessica, Turkey
“Brilliant course, fast-paced with an amazing amount of information and skills shared, which has resulted in a marked improvement in my techniques and understanding of garment construction.”
- Vicky, USA
“I learnt so much from the tutors – they are amazing - learning the processes of surface design has really inspired me for the future."
- Martina, Brazil
“AUB staff and other summer students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world.”
- Phillipe, France
"It was my first time working in a Studio so it was quite a challenge to set all the lighting up but I really enjoyed it. All the tutors and staff were so friendly and helpful".
- Minkyung, Korea
- Courses / Programs
- Our Website Page
|Address: Wallisdown, Poole, Bournemouth, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.