Arts University Bournemouth (AUB):
Join us at Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) for an educational and cultural summer experience to remember! Established in 1885, AUB is a leading provider of high-quality creative arts education to UK & international students, recognised as the UK’s leading arts university. Situated less than 2 hours south of London by train, the University offers a range of 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ in a range of fields including Animation, Photography, Fashion, Make-up, Film Making, Architecture, and Portfolio Preparation for Art, Design & Media. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students aged 14-15. University accommodation is available to students if required.
When you join one of our summer courses, you will have access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities, modern equipment and one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England.
You will meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
3 Week Creative Summer Courses:
Held in July & August
• British Architecture & 3D Design
• Introduction to Animation
• Complete Film Making
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
• Creative Make-Up for Stage and Screen
We remain passionate about our subjects and continue to encourage risk-taking and pushing subject boundaries and you will get the chance to work alongside some of the best students in the world; learning from each other whilst appreciating the importance of each discipline and how it relates to the creative industries.
Students from different courses often collaborate with each other, creating an atmosphere and working environment closely matched to the professional creative industries.
2 Week Creative Arts Summer School:
For ages 14-15. Held in July & August
Sessions / topics include:
• Drawing, Illustration, Graphic Design, Fashion, Photography, Animation, Mixed Media, Stop Motion Animation...
Students of our summer courses receive an official AUB Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion which may be used to demonstrate skills and knowledge, to add to a CV or portfolio, or as evidence of practical work undertaken and knowledge for credits-awarded further education you may undertake.
• One of the specialities at Arts University Bournemouth are our Short Course Study Abroad options.
• Designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying, our short study abroad courses let you work fully integrated alongside degree or diploma students for one, two or three terms in an exciting, world famous creative University.
• You may have limited previous experience and wish to join a basic level introductory course or you may have a degree already and wish to practice your skills in the UK with advanced students.
• Your abilities and qualifications will be assessed before you are offered a place, and we will discuss the most suitable programme of learning with you.
• All students are asked to submit examples of work with their application.
“I just want to say how deeply thankful I am for all that I learned with all of you, especially Mark, our tutor. Today I got offered a photography job working with high fashion clothes for brides and prestigious events.”
- Drielle, Brazil
“I really enjoyed not only the course but my whole experience at AUB during the summer – my only complaint is that it only lasted 3 weeks!”
- Andrew, UK
“The skills I have learnt in just 3 weeks are invaluable for my future in the theatre industry – thank you so much!”
- Jessica, Turkey
“Brilliant course, fast-paced with an amazing amount of information and skills shared, which has resulted in a marked improvement in my techniques and understanding of garment construction.”
- Vicky, USA
“I learnt so much from the tutors – they are amazing - learning the processes of surface design has really inspired me for the future."
- Martina, Brazil
“AUB staff and other summer students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world.”
- Phillipe, France
"It was my first time working in a Studio so it was quite a challenge to set all the lighting up but I really enjoyed it. All the tutors and staff were so friendly and helpful".
- Minkyung, Korea
- Courses / Programs
- Our Home Page
|Address: Wallisdown, Bournemouth, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.