John Cabot University, Rome:
Study abroad in the historic city of Rome with John Cabot University (JCU)! The largest overseas American liberal arts university in Italy, JCU offers 2-year Associate of Arts (AA) and 4-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree programs that are taught entirely in English. Earn your undergraduate degree while enjoying a distinctly American learning experience, enriched by our location in the heart of Rome and our international student population and faculty! Accredited by the American Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, JCU also provides semester and year-long study abroad programs as well as summer courses.Email: Contact us below“John Cabot wants to nurture students to achieve the highest standard of excellence in their studies as they can.”
- Matthew - Arkansas, USA
Associate of Arts (AA) Degree Programs - Taught in English:
The Associate of Arts is a two-year liberal arts degree program that is available in every major and minor field of study at JCU. Earn an undergraduate degree in the fields of Humanities, Business and Economics, and Political and Social Sciences:
- Humanities: Art History; Classical Studies; English Literature; History; Humanistic Studies; Italian Studies
- Business and Economics: Business Administration; Economics and Finance; International Business; Marketing
- Political and Social Sciences: Communications; International Affairs; Political Science
The AA degree includes a major field as well as other requirements as follows:
- The University Proficiency Requirements in English, Foreign Language and Mathematics.
- The General Distribution Requirements: One course from each of the following areas:
* English Literature (any course)
* Mathematics or Science (MA101 Intermediate Algebra does not fulfill this requirement.)
* Fine Arts - Art History, Dramatic Literature, Music, Studio Art or Theater.
* Social Science - Communications, Economics, Political Science or Psychology
* Humanities - History, Literature, Philosophy or Religion 5
- 6 courses in the major field
The University requires an overall minimum grade point average of 2.00, with no more than one grade lower than C- in core courses.
You are required to complete two courses in a field related to the major, as well as General Electives sufficient to give a total of at least 60 credits.